Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fake Vet nothing but a dang liar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:08 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Unfortunately, documentation like a DD-214 can be easily forged today. Asking questions that only an SF member or someone who really researched it could know is probably still a great way to authenticate someone. But with photoshop and the internet, I'm willing to bet I could make a DD-214 that looks authentic and says that I personally knocked down the Berlin wall if I want it to.
Quite possible, but if there was cause to doubt your DD-214, I have a solution. The fastest and easiest way to determine if a Person is lying about their Military Service, is to contact the National Archives and Records Administration's National Personnel Records Center.

They maintain a Internet Web Site at: Military Personnel Records. Here you will find complete information on submitting a Standard Form 180 request for Military Records of said individual.

As far as SF verification, lets see them conjure up the ODA team assignment orders, where verification can be done through direct contact of SOG SOCOM Garrison Headquarters of JFK Special Warfare Training Center at Ft, Bragg, NC. I still have friends in high places and have a direct number.

You can't polish a turd.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 06-15-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:27 AM   #32

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Quite possible, but if there was cause to doubt your DD-214, I have a solution. The fastest and easiest way to determine if a Person is lying about their Military Service, is to contact the National Archives and Records Administration's National Personnel Records Center.

They maintain a Internet Web Site at: Military Personnel Records. Here you will find complete information on submitting a Standard Form 180 request for Military Records of said individual.

As far as SF verification, lets see them conjure up the ODA team assignment orders, where verification can be done through direct contact of SOG SOCOM Garrison Headquarters of JFK Special Warfare Training Center at Ft, Bragg, NC. I still have friends in high places and have a direct number.

You can't polish a turd.
Its fun to bust posers.

Its even funner to bust people calling you out as a poser.

Also Igeteven

"Trust in God, and Dreadnoughts" I was "assigned" to 2/34 for either 6 weeks or 8ish months.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #33

Default Mountains out of Molehills

There are all kinds of liars in our society. I've heard all kinds of lies being told in the VFW. "I was this" or "I was that" or "I was here".

Some people have to lie to feel better about themselves. BIG DEAL!

There are two things I have a problem with: 1) the liar who tells the lies to make a profit or "con" someone or several people, and 2) the ruthlessness of some members of some of these organizations to completely destroy every aspect of the lives of said liars.

#1 If some dude post pictures of some uber cool SF tattoo on his myspace to pick up chicks, SO WHAT! If the same dude phonies a DD214 showing he received a purple heart and gets free license plates, then arrest his ass for falsifying government documents, fraud, etc. Too simply, and too easy.

#2 I personally witnessed one of these "groups" contact an individual's employer, contact the press, and hound a guy daily via phone and emails because he had "Airborne Ranger" on his website. The one guy in the group I talked to said, "We are going to crush his nuts. We will not stop until this piece of sh*t is jobless, lost his family, and is homeless and on the street."

This guy is now listed on a few websites and such, and while it's been quite as far as I know, they followed him around for a LONG time. There were smear campaigns against the dude all over the internet. Sure, he had friends who were rangers, and even his ranger friends told him they thought it was bullsh*t.

The guy had to retire a few months earlier from his job, and he almost lost his business over the whole ordeal. If that "group" got what they wanted, he'd have totally been destroyed.

Yeah, a liar is a liar. Hell, there's a guy in my battalion who was an Oklahoma cop. However, everytime I talk about something, he's "been there done that." I bust him out on the **** all the time, and flat out "call bullsh*t" on him, and he just keeps on with his lies. I find it comical, but I'm not going to try and destroy him over it.

A squad leader I had several years ago would lie when the truth sounds better. Everybody who knew him, KNEW that about him. He was a likeable guy, we just didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth.

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 06-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #34

So there!!!!!!

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 06-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #35

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
So there!!!!!!
Yea, that's right!!!! Now, what the hell was we saying?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #36

Met one of these fakes in a bar years ago. he hit the sidewalk bleeding
ripcord

Old 06-17-2009, 01:48 AM   #37

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Give me 5 minutes with this POS, or hell just give me ONE. I can do with one.

I personally hate posers of all types, but this kind of poser boils my biscuit

Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #38

Easy, make him earn his veteran status like everyone else. Name:  fighting0001.gif
Views: 16
Size:  1.0 KB

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."