Fake Vet nothing but a dang liar - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fake Vet nothing but a dang liar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 04:39 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Couldn't even make it through 3 minutes of the vid.

I'm not a vet (though I wish things had turned out differently) but I would most certainly never fake having been in the service. I know I probably have not earned the 'right' to be offended by this dude, but quite frankly, I am offended...

I have had several good friends serve the Corps, and have had a few friends KIA, and this story makes me want to go KungFu on his @ss......

Old 06-14-2009, 05:26 AM   #22

Yeah there's people like that here. One of them asked me for money three times over the course of a year because he was so drunk he didn't remember ever asking me. He said that he needed to get $40 so he could get a bus ticket back to Kerrville. It doesn't take over a year to get back to Kerrville from Houston.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
Couldn't even make it through 3 minutes of the vid.

I'm not a vet (though I wish things had turned out differently) but I would most certainly never fake having been in the service. I know I probably have not earned the 'right' to be offended by this dude, but quite frankly, I am offended...

I have had several good friends serve the Corps, and have had a few friends KIA, and this story makes me want to go KungFu on his @ss......
If you stand up for what is right then you have the right to be offended.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
If that's so, then stick this mental defective in the local looney bin and pump his a$$ full of Thorazine. Turn the scummy bastard into a zombie for the rest of his lying life. Harsh? Not in my thinking. This lying sack of s**t has insulted every veteran that ever served in the military. He has insulted those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to these United States.
Couldn't agree more. I've heared Largactil [Thorazine in the US] is particularly heavy in that respect. With the useful side-effect of unrelenting restlessness which would drive him [more] crazy lol

Quote:
He told CNN he had put on a "production, which I'm sorry for."
"Hopefully the people that I hurt can in some way gain closure from that, and I myself don't know what I can do short of leaving them alone and not being in their lives, to make that happen," Strandlof said.
Gain closure??

He wants to think that just by 'being sorry' & owning up is enough for the stain to be redeemed somehow? For an insecure attention-seeking inadequate who sought to gain public acclaim by the falsest of means?

I don't think so. Ultimate insult to those brave enough to serve, full-stop.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

We have one of these turds that wears a Vietnam-era woodland camo garrison cover, carries a duffle bag, and sits by the exit ramp in front of WalMart all day for weeks with a sign that reads "Help a Vet - No food, No money. I'm travelling cross-country, blah, blah, blah". This same scumbag was there last year....looks like he hasn't bathed in weeks, but he definately isn't starving and he always has a cigarette dangling from his mouth. I don't know why the cops don't pick his ass up.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2196 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 3349

Read the book

Quote:
Stolen Valor.
There have been an awful lot of really high profile cases of folks claiming to hold an MOH, DSC or the Navy Cross. The SEALS really go after those guys and put their names in print.

In another matter, the Clinton bunch was accused of selling Arlington National Cemetery plots to fat cat donors. Matter of fact, a US ambassador who died during the Clinton years falsely claimed to have military service. He was buried in Arlington and was later dug up. Sometimes there is justice.

Larry Lawrence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hearing to Examine Arlington National Cemetery Burial Waivers

Old 06-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #27

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
In another matter, the Clinton bunch was accused of selling Arlington National Cemetery plots to fat cat donors. Larry Lawrence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hearing to Examine Arlington National Cemetery Burial Waivers
They also exhumed the body of another contributor who was a foreign national! Besides this and his selling of missile guidance technology to the Chinese, Klinton should have been tried and hung for treason. Everyone made a big stink of the Lewinski affair, when all of that was just a modest indication of what lies beneath. The myriad other atrocities he comitted were never discussed in the nightly news. When he left the White House he also stole 2 or 3 tractor trailor loads of antiquities, the majority of which were never returned. If I'm not mistaken, the White House and everything in it belongs to The People.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 06-14-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #28

I had one of these posers approach me at a gas station one time, asking for money to get to such and such a place for the VA hospital-after shooting me a big sob story. I told him I wouldnt give money, but hes in luck, im going to such and such place and would be happy to take him. He just walked off.

I dont understand why people fake being in the service.

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 06-15-2009, 01:06 AM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9215 Times on 3975 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

At one time, I was thoroughly disgusted by people like this. Having mellowed, I merely find them pathetic- for wanting to be what they are not- and will not be.

As far as enlisting him- would not have him in the company of the worst E-2 I ever had.

Read the St. Crispian's Day speech- the last lines-

And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:57 AM   #30

Liked 1185 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
I belong to 2 other military forums and a local SF chapter here in Oklahoma and all of them require DD-214 and SF graduation or group assignment order verification in order to become a member. How come nobody asked that turd for his DD-214? The next time someone starts to BS you about their past epic military career or a veteran, ask them to prove it, by providing documentation.
Unfortunately, documentation like a DD-214 can be easily forged today. Asking questions that only an SF member or someone who really researched it could know is probably still a great way to authenticate someone. But with photoshop and the internet, I'm willing to bet I could make a DD-214 that looks authentic and says that I personally knocked down the Berlin wall if I want it to.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson