Faithful dog

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Faithful dog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Default Faithful dog

I came across this news article out of Japan. I hope these two dogs live out the rest of their lives together. This story warmed my soul.

Japanese tsunami: Video shows dog protected by friend surviving | Mail Online

Here's a copy of the video with translation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/dog-in-japan-stays-by-the-side-of-its-ailing-friend-in-the-rubble

Last edited by winds-of-change; 03-21-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2535 Times on 1239 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Winds

That is amazing. But as you know people underestimate the intelligence of their pets. And obviously from this story they do have almost human feelings.
Now I have never told the following story but it took place in my home in 2005. First of all, our Angel which she was in this story was tragically ran over in my driveway by a barn builders wife who was bringing lunch to her husband and workers as she sped up my drive way talking and not watching as Angel went out to greet them! She ran over my Angel (Labrador) in 2006. But in 2005 at 2:00am in the middle of the night. Angel woke us up whining and releasing a short series of low barks. Something totally unusual in it's sound than normal. Felling something was wrong I got out of bed and searched through the house. As I went into the Kitchen I could smell the presence of what I thought was gasoline. She the Lab was by my side as I opened the door to the two car garage. Much to my surprise I found the garage floor was filled with gasoline and the deadly fumes that could have easily caused a major fire. With a refrigerator and some electrical items in the garage. Obviously, I could not move the vehicles at that time due to danger of spark and so forth. What had happened was the portable generator that is stored in one corner of my garage had developed a hole in the float bowl and emptied the 5 gal gas tank out in the floor. Bottom line Angel was truly and Angel and probably saved our life that night. God Bless Her and may she be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for us!
If you are a pet lover look up the Rainbow Bridge.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post

If you are a pet lover look up the Rainbow Bridge.

Got a couple waiting for me already.

Sorry to hear about your Lab. Tough way to lose a friend. I'm sure it was tragic for the lady driving also.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2535 Times on 1239 Posts
Likes Given: 1272

Jo Da

Thank you also for your thoughts.
But really did not bother her that much! Her response was "Sorry I ran over your dog I didn't see it!" And no more! No tears and no real physical response. I have been through a lot in life and experiences but I was so mad I was literally Numb! I knew things were not good so I ask all of them to leave the property at that time including the workers. Contacted the husband later and he came and finished the barn. I have never been mad enough before to actually feel numb. But she was a phenomenal pet. We now have Baby Girl who also is a Pointing Yellow Lab and looks just like Angel. She is a different girl but we see a lot of character similarities. She is like glue to me when I am home and of course loves to swim!

Take Care and thank you for your kind thoughts. And also thinking about your wonderful pets that are at the Rainbow Bridge waiting. Who have made our world a better place to be because of their love and dedication to us.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Great story, Sniper. I have had several very faithful companions in the course of my life. I currently have three dogs right now. I could no sooner turn my back on an animal in need than a human in need.