You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Fact Check on aisle 12! Caller who reported man with gun at Wal-Mart may be charged

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 05:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 922 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default Fact Check on aisle 12! Caller who reported man with gun at Wal-Mart may be charged

Ronald Ritchie the 911 Caller who reported man with gun at Wal-Mart may be charged.
The fellow that died was legally holding a BB gun that he picked up off the shelf of the Walmart at the time.
Fairborn Municipal Court Judge Beth Root has just decided that there is in fact probable cause to prosecute Ronald T. Ritchie for lying to a 9-1-1 dispatcher about John Crawford (a six foot tall black man) in August of 2014. Shortly after Ritchie’s call from the Beavercreek, Ohio Walmart on Pentagon Avenue, John Crawford III was gunned down by Officer Sean Williams who entered the store armed with an AR-15 assault rifle and ready for nothing short of war, based on Ritchies lies. Crawford was shot by police in an aisle of the Beavercreek Walmart on August 5, 2014.
He was legally holding a BB gun that he picked up off the shelf of the Walmart at the time. Nine citizens filled out affidavits — that were delivered to the court on March 25. Judge Root found in those affidavits that probable cause does exist to prosecute Ritchie for the accusation of making false alarms — a first degree misdemeanor. Affidavits questioned on whether or not there was enough to prosecute him on charges related to inducing violence, inducing panic, involuntary manslaughter and reckless homicide — all of which were dismissed as not having enough probable cause.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/04/911-caller-lied-john-crawford-ritchie-finally-indicted/

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=17&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUK Ewj_lMmSnP7LAhUW-mMKHVGIA6oQFghbMBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcountercurrent news.com%2F2016%2F04%2F911-caller-lied-john-crawford-ritchie-finally-indicted%2F&usg=AFQjCNFVZlSajO1z4L8C33urz7p_UlC6ng

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKE wj_lMmSnP7LAhUW-mMKHVGIA6oQqG8IHTAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingto npost.com%2Fentry%2Fronald-ritchie-john-crawford_us_57065a21e4b0b90ac2714e86&usg=AFQjCNHcU CWDskq6hDZpjGBCMmddEJ_jBw
File Type: jpg ronald-ritchie-john-crawford.jpg (88.2 KB, 58 views)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2016, 02:41 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4347 Times on 2795 Posts

I wonder if he had anything personal against the guy, or maybe he was just racist. Maybe he was the anti gun liberal type, or just plain stupid.

This might become a very interesting case.
People Like This 
Old 04-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2878 Times on 1717 Posts
Likes Given: 1819

How about the cop??????????????
People Like This 
Old 04-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #4

Liked 1881 Times on 1252 Posts
Likes Given: 2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
How about the cop??????????????
Yeah what about the cop gunning down a kid with a BB gun ?.............
Old 04-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1879 Times on 1104 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
just doing his job so he could go home that night

Old 04-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #6

Liked 229 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 107

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/16/justice/walmart-shooting-john-crawford/

Old 04-08-2016, 08:35 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 65 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
I have wondered about that also. I watched the video of the incident and it certainly appeared that the officer just walked in and shot him. There was no other exchange - you know like words. The kid wasn't threatening anyone - at least it was not evident in the video.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:15 PM   #8

Liked 229 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlander View Post
I have wondered about that also. I watched the video of the incident and it certainly appeared that the officer just walked in and shot him. There was no other exchange - you know like words. The kid wasn't threatening anyone - at least it was not evident in the video.
There are other video out that show him walking around the store carrying the gun and at the time the news said he was "shooting" at little kids in the store.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:44 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2878 Times on 1717 Posts
Likes Given: 1819

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
just doing his job so he could go home that night
Well I did my job in LE for 40+ years and went home at night (sometimes I looked like I had lost the fight, but I never did) that is why I am questioning his actions. To ASSUME he was justified is a bit much when we consider the circumstances/facts we have here. Short of the person who was shot making threats and actually pointing the gun at him I can't see a justification. The account in the link say he was not facing the officers when he was shot. It sounds like an over reaction by the police as well. I would like to see what the investigation found.

Last edited by JimRau; 04-09-2016 at 03:50 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #10

Liked 922 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Thats why nine citizens filled out affidavits that were delivered to the court on March 25. Judge Root found in those affidavits that probable cause does exist to prosecute Ritchie for the accusation of making false 911 alarm.
Of course the Black Lives matter crowd sniffed this one out, want the 911 caller Ronald Ritchie*behind bars.