Face to a name - Page 47
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Face to a name

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #461
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
All good choices for their intended purposes! The SR22 is a great trainer. If your getting her a carry gun and she is "Recoil" shy, or has trouble working a stiff slide, the LC380 is the way to go. I EDC an LC9 with the black Laser Lyte, which for the first time since I got it, I took it off to go to the range to practice @ 12 & 21 Ft. "Responsive reaction" CQ shooting..."
I think the LC380 will be the final choice, but I want her to hold it, as well as the SR22 to see what she likes more.

And, depending on how well I like my Galloway Precision parts and my RTK trigger, hers will be outfitted as well.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 10-30-2013, 04:40 AM   #462
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2443 Times on 1340 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk
I think the LC380 will be the final choice, but I want her to hold it, as well as the SR22 to see what she likes more. And, depending on how well I like my Galloway Precision parts and my RTK trigger, hers will be outfitted as well.
Do some good reading before you trust your life or your wife's life to a 380. 38spl is the smallest option that passes fbi penetration standards.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 10-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #463
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Do some good reading before you trust your life or your wife's life to a 380. 38spl is the smallest option that passes fbi penetration standards.
380 is considered borderline for crucial self defense situations. 380 & 32ACP are not my first choices, but clearly a 380 is better then throwing rocks,...my 71 y.o. Friend who is Ret. Army carries one, and he said at his age he'd rather hit the target 4 or 5 times with a Walther or a Sig then shoot 3 from a 1911 and miss em all!
My wife liked the LC380, but did not like either of its brothers, the LCP or my LC9...the LCP because of very stiff springs and slide, and my LC9 is just a bit "snappy" for her, but she can handle +P and Magnum loads in her revolvers........

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 10-30-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #464
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Obviously a .380 is better than a sharp stick but I've seen the tests on it. I was looking for ANY JHP that would pass the testing protocol and they all failed pretty miserably. Most can't even get 12" in bare gelatin.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #465
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7802 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16513

I would not want to be shot with any caliber.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 10-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #466
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I would not want to be shot with any caliber.
I've often wondered how bad it hurts to be shot with like a .22 but I definitely don't want to know bad enough to get shot.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 10-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #467
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3759 Times on 2085 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post

I've often wondered how bad it hurts to be shot with like a .22 but I definitely don't want to know bad enough to get shot.
Probably enough to at least make you step back and reevaluate a few of your choices in life

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 10-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #468

I don't think anyone does(want to get shot!)! I didn't have a say in the Matter when my Number came up either,...I'm just lucky to be here 30 Years later. At Close Quarters, a 380 Can't be much less different then a full fledged 9mm, the diameter is the same,..just less of a powder charge,.....outside of the bullet weight,...the 380 is slightly lighter then most 9mm rounds,...I think the standard is 95 Gr. to a 115 Gr. 9mm round..."If your time is up, I don't give a damm how fast you run, It's your time" (Clint Eastwood as GySgt. Thomas Highway in "Heartbreak Ridge").....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 10-30-2013 at 06:58 PM.
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 10-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #469
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
I don't think anyone does(want to get shot!)! I didn't have a say in the Matter when my Number came up either,...I'm just lucky to be here 30 Years later. At Close Quarters, a 380 Can't be much less different then a full fledged 9mm, the diameter is the same,..just less of a powder charge,.....outside of the bullet weight,...the 380 is slightly lighter then most 9mm rounds,...I think the standard is 95 Gr. to a 115 Gr. 9mm round..."If your time is up, I don't give a damm how fast you run, It's your time" (Clint Eastwood as GySgt. Thomas Highway in "Heartbreak Ridge").....
FBI test protocol is conducted at 10 feet. That's right around the 3 yard line at the range to give you a mental picture. Pretty close it you ask me.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

FBI test protocol is conducted at 10 feet. That's right around the 3 yard line at the range to give you a mental picture. Pretty close it you ask me.
Yup,..it is! I have been doing SD ammo testing at our indoor range. No Gel Blocks,...just groups and how tight or loose at 4,7, and 10 Yds(12,21, & 30 Ft) "Real world distances" with reactive targets(birchwood-casey Shoot n C's). Believe it or not,..the best Groups came from the less recoil intense rounds across all calibers(we didn't test 40 because I only know one person locally besides my friends on the Job in the next town over that carry 40's)we did 2 control groups, one with 38/357's and one with 9mm FMJ RN and 45 FMJ-FN...just about done tabulating the targets, so I can write the article for the site here.