Face Book !............ - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Face Book !............

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 03:29 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
Our employer told us not to have a FB account, but I said things that are better left unsaid as it was the only way I could easily communicate with my son when he was deployed all those times as well as now. Glad I kept it for that reason.
if an employer ever tried to tell me what i could or couldn't do in my private time, there would be some very un-Christian things said!

one thing i never do is discuss what goes on at work on Facebook. i use mine to wish people happy birthday and such, to keep abreast of birthday parties and reunions and things of that nature. i don't discuss personal or private issues ever on Facebook. sometimes my wife posts vacation pictures and such and talks about them with her friends, but i have a rule about that for her. she can only post such things after we return. people have been burgled when they went on vacation because they posted about being out of town.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 182 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
if an employer ever tried to tell me what i could or couldn't do in my private time, there would be some very un-Christian things said!

one thing i never do is discuss what goes on at work on Facebook. i use mine to wish people happy birthday and such, to keep abreast of birthday parties and reunions and things of that nature. i don't discuss personal or private issues ever on Facebook. sometimes my wife posts vacation pictures and such and talks about them with her friends, but i have a rule about that for her. she can only post such things after we return. people have been burgled when they went on vacation because they posted about being out of town.
Absolutely! I never tell any plans ahead of time and can't believe the people who tell where they are, where they're going to be and how long they are going to be gone. Why not advertise your absences on a large billboard in front of your house?

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #13
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 2819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i use Facebook occasionally. mainly to stay in contact with family and friends that live out of town and to stay on top of family functions and such. i very seldom ever post myself.
Ditto!
I post a few pro gun topics and Obama BS now and then. I also keep up with a few friends and family. I got a cousin in Phoenix and also in Oregon. Then their are a ton back east in Kansas and Oklahoma I have not seen since I was a kid, haven't heard from them in years also. I did have an uncle that was a radio newsman that reported on 3 mile Island when it happened, he got cancer and died a few years ago. His name was Nelson schock.

Last edited by Airborne1; 04-22-2014 at 03:18 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1212 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
Ditto!
I post a few pro gun topics and Obama BS now and then. I also keep up with a few friends and family. I got a cousin in Phoenix and also in Oregon. Then their are a ton back east in Kansas and Oklahoma I have not seen since I was a kid, haven't heard from them in years also. I did have an uncle that was a radio newsman that reported on 3 mile Island when it happened, he got cancer and died a few years ago. His name was Nelson schock.
I post a LOT of pro gun topics & a Lot of Anti-Obama stuff on mine......You guys HAVE TO get into this social media stuff because it is the Only way these kids are going to learn, have you seen some of the stuff they do to show how uninformed people are & if us old-timers Don`t get on there & teach them this country will go to HELL in a hand basket.......So for those of you who say I hate FB or I don`t/won`t use FB got NO right to whine about our kids, because this is their method of communication & if we don`t show them whats right, someone else will show em whats not right, your choose !.............

When all else fails.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 772 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 225

I hate FB. I joined for 8 hrs years ago. I could not deal with it. However, 303, you have got one heck of a point. Are they listening?

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
I hate FB. I joined for 8 hrs years ago. I could not deal with it. However, 303, you have got one heck of a point. Are they listening?
You won`t know ! You gave up on em................

When all else fails.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:46 AM   #17

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Face Book is a total waste of time and FBI resources.

Jim

Old 04-23-2014, 04:56 AM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 772 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 225

You are doing FB. I asked a question. It was not sarcasm.
Are they listening? What kind of feedback do you get? I was interested, and you give me BS.
I did not stop FB because of my political views. Just to much info about to many people and not enough time to deal with it.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 04-23-2014, 05:41 AM   #19

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Facebook aside, are any of these oil companies thinking about who will pay

for their high-priced gas, when the public is financially stripped of

vehicle affordability by these insane gas prices?

How much is a gallon of gas in Peru right now? 22 cents?

Old 04-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5 View Post
You are doing FB. I asked a question. It was not sarcasm.
Are they listening? What kind of feedback do you get? I was interested, and you give me BS.
I did not stop FB because of my political views. Just to much info about to many people and not enough time to deal with it.
Sorry !................Some of em.............

When all else fails.