Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Exposing the GovCrims pays off

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Exposing the GovCrims pays off

Exposing the GovCrims pays off

Great news! It appears the destruction of military once fired brass has ended with a reversal of DoD policy.

Who says complaining does not pay off. (Refer back to last alert).

Please read the latest from the MSSA.........

Dear MSSA Friends,

I just received a phone call from the office of U.S. Senator Tester of Montana to inform me that at 5:15 (EST) today a letter cosigned by Senator Tester (D-MT) and Senator Baucus (D-MT) was faxed to the Department of Defense asking DoD to reverse its new policy requiring destruction of fired military cartridge brass. At 5:30, I am told, Tester's office received a fax back from DoD saying that the brass destruction policy IS reversed.

Others report to me that they are already seeing evidence of this on the Websites of entities that liquidate surplus DoD commodities.

Our thanks go out to Senator Tester and Senator Baucus, and their staff, for getting on this problem promptly and making the reversal happen

Staff for Tester and Baucus promise they will get me the documentation for this reversal tomorrow morning. I'll forward that when I get it.

Best wishes,

Gary Marbut, president
Montana Shooting Sports Association
Montana Shooting Sports Association
author, Gun Laws of Montana
Gun Laws of Montana

The Liberty Crew

Exposing the GovCrims pays off

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

great work boys. after reading all that stuff, i must say i was pretty ticked off, however, im in a much better mood.

so you can tell the learned senators that in addition to helping America, and the environment, they helped Roosterjuicer's mood...a trophy worth its weight in gold.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

We have been saying it for a while now around these parts - WE NEED TO GET INVOLVED!!

This is a GREAT example of how a few letters, and a few phone calls from upstanding, responsible, tax paying gun owners got a very controversial policy reversed.

Take heed - Remain Ever Vigiliant and GET THE EFF INVOLVED!!!

JD

Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Way to go MSSA! Can you guys get Holder thrown out?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!