Expired yogurt - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Expired yogurt

View Poll Results: Would you eat a yogurt that's a month or so old?
Yes, it's already 'soured', even when it's within it's expiration date. 17 37.78%
No, that expiration date is on there for a reason. 17 37.78%
Yes, but only if I washed it down with a beer. 1 2.22%
No, it will be taking space up in my stomach that I could have used for beer. 10 22.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,470
Liked 1142 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Okay............

Did you vote? I see several people voted but only you commented.
I voted that there was NO WAY it was edible, but I fgure it was late, you got hungry . . .
__________________

Last edited by txpossum; 06-09-2013 at 03:44 PM.
txpossum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I've noticed almost all the polls I've ever posted are food related.
So are my Yankee Candles -- their flavors are so cool!
__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #23
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,129
Liked 894 Times on 410 Posts
Likes Given: 419

Default

Yep you ate it

__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #24
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,918
Liked 7793 Times on 4680 Posts
Likes Given: 9795

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
Yep you ate it
Hahaha......I haven't yet but I'm going to right now. If I never log on to FTF again, you'll know what happened.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
readygirl Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rick1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Clifton,Colorado
Posts: 4,382
Liked 2018 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1348

Default

One time I brought a bunch of food in from my camper that had been there a long time. My wife just put it in the pantry without looking at it. After about a year a can of chicken noodle soup got opened. She poured it into a pan and saw that it looked like something the cat just threw up. She said it smelled bad too. The expiration date was like 6 years past of something like that. Even canned goods do go bad.

__________________

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Rick1967 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #26
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,918
Liked 7793 Times on 4680 Posts
Likes Given: 9795

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
One time I brought a bunch of food in from my camper that had been there a long time. My wife just put it in the pantry without looking at it. After about a year a can of chicken noodle soup got opened. She poured it into a pan and saw that it looked like something the cat just threw up. She said it smelled bad too. The expiration date was like 6 years past of something like that. Even canned goods do go bad.
Well, I ate the yogurt and it was delicious. I really like lemon yogurt.

Rick, I have a soup story, too. I have some shelves in my basement where I keep "overflow" canned goods. I was cleaning the shelves out one day and there was a can of tomato soup that said it expires "06-07". So, it was August and I figured, "It's only two months overdue, I'll bring it to work and eat it tonight." When I opened it, it looked a little dark and the taste was a little off but not too bad. I ate it all. Then I got to thinking........that date is not Month and Day, it's month and YEAR. I had a brain glitch and I actually ate soup that was over 5 years overdue. It didn't hurt me at all.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jjfuller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place between here and there.
Posts: 4,490
Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 706

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Well, I ate the yogurt and it was delicious. I really like lemon yogurt.

Rick, I have a soup story, too. I have some shelves in my basement where I keep "overflow" canned goods. I was cleaning the shelves out one day and there was a can of tomato soup that said it expires "06-07". So, it was August and I figured, "It's only two months overdue, I'll bring it to work and eat it tonight." When I opened it, it looked a little dark and the taste was a little off but not too bad. I ate it all. Then I got to thinking........that date is not Month and Day, it's month and YEAR. I had a brain glitch and I actually ate soup that was over 5 years overdue. It didn't hurt me at all.
my theory is simple, if its sealed it should be good for quite awhile as long as no bad bactirea got in it at the factory. i think alot of dates are simply for liability issues for companies.
__________________
I have been a silent witness
to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
jjfuller1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
improvised_prepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 288
Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Default

Just watch for a bulge in the canned stuff.

__________________

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

improvised_prepper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #29
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,129
Liked 894 Times on 410 Posts
Likes Given: 419

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Hahaha......I haven't yet but I'm going to right now. If I never log on to FTF again, you'll know what happened.
I would have done the same after all age is just a number
__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #30
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 17,164
Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1494

Default

5 years past the Ex date, huh? Read THIS:

http://grandpappy.info/hshelff.htm

__________________

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.


Last edited by c3shooter; 06-10-2013 at 10:27 AM.
c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Poll: Would you favor reinstating federal assault weapons ban that expired in 2004? Bigcountry02 Legal and Activism 20 01-14-2013 02:58 AM
Security Guard had expired weapons permit Ranger-6 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 30 04-26-2012 05:54 PM