Excited for North Carolina
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Excited for North Carolina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default Excited for North Carolina

As some of you know I was able to get my orders changed from southern Kalifornia to North Carolina. My wife and I were already stationed there for about a year and a half, meaning I already have my CCW permit there. We're excited to return. Here's some of the reasons why.

I want to become a serious hunter. In this regard, I've already started researching the laws and restrictions there.

No weapon registry.

No "assault weapon" ban.

Open Carry is legal in some localities.

No crazy ten day waiting period after buying a gun.

The Atlantic isn't too cold to swim in during the summer months.

We will buy a house.

We have no problem living there semi-permanently after I get out of the Corps.

There is some variance in weather.

The list goes on and on and on.

This is a rather pointless thread, I.understand. But I'm too damn excited to not talk about it.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Well, I'll drop in and visit you next time I'm up there if you live anywhere near the blue ridge parkway (and don't shoot me on sight).

Old 11-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Well, I'll drop in and visit you next time I'm up there if you live anywhere near the blue ridge parkway (and don't shoot me on sight).
You're not invited.

Just kidding. I don't know where the blue ridge parkway is but we'll be living near Jacksonville.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #4

Liked 1625 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
As some of you know I was able to get my orders changed from southern Kalifornia to North Carolina. My wife and I were already stationed there for about a year and a half, meaning I already have my CCW permit there. We're excited to return. Here's some of the reasons why.
...This is a rather pointless thread, I.understand. But I'm too damn excited to not talk about it.
Not a pointless thread at all. Wishing you and your wife all the best in your new location. I've never visited Nawth Cakalaky but it sounds good from your description.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #5

Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Good news indeed!!

We'll leave a light on for ya!!

Old 11-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
Not a pointless thread at all. Wishing you and your wife all the best in your new location. I've never visited Nawth Cakalaky but it sounds good from your description.
Thanks. We appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Good news indeed!!

We'll leave a light on for ya!!

Old 11-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #7

Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Here in the South, people have a saying, "if you don't like the weather, just wait a bit."

I came up with my own saying. "Those who say that, have never lived on the coast of North Carolina."

Yes, they do have weather variations, as you know. When I lived there (Camp Lejeune), I found it prudent to keep a light jacket, heavy jacket, rain jacket (or one of those that covers all three) a blanket, roadside emergency kit, first aid kit, food, socks, drawers, shoes and boots, AND a bad of sand in the trunk of the car, ALL YEAR. I have broken out the heavy jacket in the middle of summer!

I don't like that "permit to buy a handgun" bull spit though. With a CC permit, you can bypass that part can't you?

Old 11-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #8

Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Here in the South, people have a saying, "if you don't like the weather, just wait a bit."

I came up with my own saying. "Those who say that, have never lived on the coast of North Carolina."

Yes, they do have weather variations, as you know. When I lived there (Camp Lejeune), I found it prudent to keep a light jacket, heavy jacket, rain jacket (or one of those that covers all three) a blanket, roadside emergency kit, first aid kit, food, socks, drawers, shoes and boots, AND a bad of sand in the trunk of the car, ALL YEAR. I have broken out the heavy jacket in the middle of summer!

I don't like that "permit to buy a handgun" bull spit though. With a CC permit, you can bypass that part can't you?

Yup...also with the paper permit system, it only 'allows' you to buy 5 handguns per year, with the CC you can buy as many as you damn well please, if you so choose...

Old 11-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #9

Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

That still ain't right, IMO.

I can walk into some stores around here, do my grocery shopping, pay bills, buy some beer or liquor, and a whole collection of guns (handgun or long gun) at the same time. And a safe to put them in!

I took a great pic of a store sign in Laramie, Wyoming over the summer. Later on this evening I'll see if I can find it and post it. It was great.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #10

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Welcome back buddy. Its a good place to be.

Newest Threads