Excited for North Carolina
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Excited for North Carolina


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default Excited for North Carolina

As some of you know I was able to get my orders changed from southern Kalifornia to North Carolina. My wife and I were already stationed there for about a year and a half, meaning I already have my CCW permit there. We're excited to return. Here's some of the reasons why.

I want to become a serious hunter. In this regard, I've already started researching the laws and restrictions there.

No weapon registry.

No "assault weapon" ban.

Open Carry is legal in some localities.

No crazy ten day waiting period after buying a gun.

The Atlantic isn't too cold to swim in during the summer months.

We will buy a house.

We have no problem living there semi-permanently after I get out of the Corps.

There is some variance in weather.

The list goes on and on and on.

This is a rather pointless thread, I.understand. But I'm too damn excited to not talk about it.
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Well, I'll drop in and visit you next time I'm up there if you live anywhere near the blue ridge parkway (and don't shoot me on sight).
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Well, I'll drop in and visit you next time I'm up there if you live anywhere near the blue ridge parkway (and don't shoot me on sight).
You're not invited.

Just kidding. I don't know where the blue ridge parkway is but we'll be living near Jacksonville.
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stratrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Posts: 1,594
Liked 1625 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
As some of you know I was able to get my orders changed from southern Kalifornia to North Carolina. My wife and I were already stationed there for about a year and a half, meaning I already have my CCW permit there. We're excited to return. Here's some of the reasons why.
...This is a rather pointless thread, I.understand. But I'm too damn excited to not talk about it.
Not a pointless thread at all. Wishing you and your wife all the best in your new location. I've never visited Nawth Cakalaky but it sounds good from your description.
stratrider is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MLF
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Default

Good news indeed!!

We'll leave a light on for ya!!
__________________
EFFIN' TOF...
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
Not a pointless thread at all. Wishing you and your wife all the best in your new location. I've never visited Nawth Cakalaky but it sounds good from your description.
Thanks. We appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Good news indeed!!

We'll leave a light on for ya!!
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Here in the South, people have a saying, "if you don't like the weather, just wait a bit."

I came up with my own saying. "Those who say that, have never lived on the coast of North Carolina."

Yes, they do have weather variations, as you know. When I lived there (Camp Lejeune), I found it prudent to keep a light jacket, heavy jacket, rain jacket (or one of those that covers all three) a blanket, roadside emergency kit, first aid kit, food, socks, drawers, shoes and boots, AND a bad of sand in the trunk of the car, ALL YEAR. I have broken out the heavy jacket in the middle of summer!

I don't like that "permit to buy a handgun" bull spit though. With a CC permit, you can bypass that part can't you?
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MLF
Posts: 4,122
Liked 1961 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Here in the South, people have a saying, "if you don't like the weather, just wait a bit."

I came up with my own saying. "Those who say that, have never lived on the coast of North Carolina."

Yes, they do have weather variations, as you know. When I lived there (Camp Lejeune), I found it prudent to keep a light jacket, heavy jacket, rain jacket (or one of those that covers all three) a blanket, roadside emergency kit, first aid kit, food, socks, drawers, shoes and boots, AND a bad of sand in the trunk of the car, ALL YEAR. I have broken out the heavy jacket in the middle of summer!

I don't like that "permit to buy a handgun" bull spit though. With a CC permit, you can bypass that part can't you?


Yup...also with the paper permit system, it only 'allows' you to buy 5 handguns per year, with the CC you can buy as many as you damn well please, if you so choose...
__________________
EFFIN' TOF...
vincent is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

That still ain't right, IMO.

I can walk into some stores around here, do my grocery shopping, pay bills, buy some beer or liquor, and a whole collection of guns (handgun or long gun) at the same time. And a safe to put them in!

I took a great pic of a store sign in Laramie, Wyoming over the summer. Later on this evening I'll see if I can find it and post it. It was great.
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 1,206
Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default

Welcome back buddy. Its a good place to be.
nchunt101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads