Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Excited my self..... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/excited-my-self-58393/)

kaido 02-21-2012 05:23 AM

Excited my self.....

Just to make sure where on the same page here I don't mean in that way. Just mean that I was at working thinking about something and not so surprisingly, the long gun registry was on of those things. The other thing was why Canadian tire hasn't been selling firearms for a long while. Then it clicked in.....they don't have the means to register firearms to the buyer. That lead to me thinking about whether or not both Canadian Tire and Walmarts in Canada are going to start to sell firearms again with the registry being gone.

I know not very many of you are Canadian on here, but what do you guys think about the chances of that happening?

Marlinman 02-21-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido
Just to make sure where on the same page here I don't mean in that way. Just mean that I was at working thinking about something and not so surprisingly, the long gun registry was on of those things. The other thing was why Canadian tire hasn't been selling firearms for a long while. Then it clicked in.....they don't have the means to register firearms to the buyer. That lead to me thinking about whether or not both Canadian Tire and Walmarts in Canada are going to start to sell firearms again with the registry being gone.

I know not very many of you are Canadian on here, but what do you guys think about the chances of that happening?

Pretty good from the sound of things to me

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

kaido 02-21-2012 05:50 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that there's a good chance of it happening.

Just because I'm on the impatient side of things, I just sent both retailers (Canadian Tire + Walmart) an e-mail asking if there's any chance that they could possibly be selling long guns in the future.

Vikingdad 02-23-2012 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 715695)
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that there's a good chance of it happening.

Just because I'm on the impatient side of things, I just sent both retailers (Canadian Tire + Walmart) an e-mail asking if there's any chance that they could possibly be selling long guns in the future.

Report back if they respond.

kaido 02-23-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Report back if they respond.

I'll be sure to do that.
I haven't gotten a reply back from either company yet though.

I did however ask my manager wether or not he knew of anything. He said "we don't have the licensing to sell them. We only have the licensing for ammunition.....I think we use to, but I'm pretty sure something happened so now we don't." Needless to say, I was tempted on blurting out "yeah, the registry happened" but I figured I'd hold my tounge. Haha

ScottA 02-23-2012 06:34 AM

That's a thread title that will get a mod's attention real quick. ;)

notdku 02-23-2012 04:37 PM

It sounds like it will happen. To what degree we'll see but opening up the potential for firearms sales means a business is going to fill that gap.

kaido 02-23-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA
That's a thread title that will get a mod's attention real quick. ;)

Haha well everyone needs a title that's bound to get attention.

I finally got replies back from both companies. Walmarts was a little dressing to be honest. Haha

Their reply: Hello Kaido
Thanks for your email we do not sell any type of guns in our Canadian stores I am sorry.
Thanks for shopping at Walmart.

Now.....Canadian tire on the other hand had a pretty promising reply.

Theirs: Dear Kaido,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding your inquiry.

We value you as our customer and thank you for bringing this suggestion to our attention. We have forwarded your comments to those more closely involved for their review. In the event that further information is required, communication will be made with you directly.

We thank you for providing us with the opportunity to respond.

(for those wondering, I did take my actual name out of their reply)

I do hope at least Canadian tire starts selling some long guns again.