Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Exceptionals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Windy bit her lip, and choked back tears. One hand held the phone, the other twirled a finger in her hair. The woman at the salon told her the new style made her look like Gwynneth Paltrow, but Windy didn't see it.

"No, it's okay. I know you're busy, and you have a life now."

The voice on the other end tried to sound reassuring. "Mom, it's not like that. My boss won't cut me a break. I might make it up for Easter, okay?"

Windy sighed, one errant tear escaped a duct. "I understand. I'll see you for Easter. Gotta go."

Windy clicked off the phone, and headed into the dark kitchen. The room was illuminated when she opened the fridge. Half a head of lettuce, half a bottle of catsup.

"The young ones can be ungrateful, can't they?" Windy spun toward the voice, was met with a knife at her throat.

"Slow. Too slow. You've lost your edge," spat Benny, a sneer crossed his lips.

Windy smiled. "If I hadn't known who you were and how long you'd been creeping around in here, you'd be a greasy spot on the wall."

Benny felt something poking his abdomen, and looked down at the trembling hammer on the D/A revolver poking his gut. He looked back up with a grin.

"The man has a job for us," and he put a plane ticket on the kitchen table.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The houseboat shifted lazily on it's mooring, a light-skinned black man with green eyes and a gold chain refilled his drink.

"So Cane, do you ever miss it, man?"

A tanned white guy in RayBans and a pastel flamingo shirt looked up from his deck chair. "Miss what? Getting shot at? Miserable pay? Driving the Ferraris of drug dealers, buying drugs with drug dealer money, dressing in drug dealer's clothes? The clubs, the women, the adrenaline?"

Tubbs looked down at Cane, mischief in his eyes.

Cane grinned. "Hell yeah, I miss it!!"

The two broke out in laughter.

Cane tapped a Lucky Strike free of the pack, when the phone rang. He looked at the number, and rose. He took one of the chickens from the grill, and threw it to the large alligator chained to the bow, and headed below deck.

"How much? Good. When? I'll be there in the morning."

Cane clicked off the phone, and reached into a locker. He brushed aside a couple of Colts, and hefted a gleaming Bren Ten, and tucked it in his belt.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1060

More! more! Encore!

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 01-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #14

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

So Quillmaster another epic begins. Seasonal felicitations to you and your family.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyboy View Post
So Quillmaster another epic begins. Seasonal felicitations to you and your family.
The same to you, my brother across the pond!

Old 01-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Spitty grunted, pushing his chest into the table, as the young Asian woman tapped the sharpened piece of bamboo into his back, blood and ink merging as one.

"So what's it pay, dogface?" he queried, eyes clamped shut against the pain of the ancient tattooing process.

Benny smiled, paying him no mind as he winked at the Asian girl. She reurned the smile, and nodded, increasing her tempo, left thumb keeping his skin taut, right guiding the bamboo needle.

"Don't know. J.D. is contacting a crew, so far everyone has accepted, mission unknown, pay unknown. You want in, Jarhead?"

"Hell yeah!"

Benny walked for the door, stopping to tuck a C-note in the jeans pocket of the artist, and made it to the street.

Inside, the girl stopped her work. Toweling Spitty off, she quipped, "You all done, A number 1!!"

Spitty stood, and twisted in front of the mirror.

His new ink revealed a banner that read "Exceptional", which was topped with a skull. Atop the skull resided a penguin.

Benny lit a cigar on the sidewalk, and smiled at the shrieking that came from inside the parlor.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6111 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Spitty grunted, pushing his chest into the table, as the young Asian woman tapped the sharpened piece of bamboo into his back, blood and ink merging as one.

"So what's it pay, dogface?" he queried, eyes clamped shut against the pain of the ancient tattooing process.

Benny smiled, paying him no mind as he winked at the Asian girl. She reurned the smile, and nodded, increasing her tempo, left thumb keeping his skin taut, right guiding the bamboo needle.

"Don't know. J.D. is contacting a crew, so far everyone has accepted, mission unknown, pay unknown. You want in, Jarhead?"

"Hell yeah!"

Benny walked for the door, stopping to tuck a C-note in the jeans pocket of the artist, and made it to the street.

Inside, the girl stopped her work. Toweling Spitty off, she quipped, "You all done, A number 1!!"

Spitty stood, and twisted in front of the mirror.

His new ink revealed a banner that read "Exceptional", which was topped with a skull. Atop the skull resided a penguin.

Benny lit a cigar on the sidewalk, and smiled at the shrieking that came from inside the parlor.

ROFL!! Excellent.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
ROFL!! Excellent.
Many thanks, kind lady......

Old 01-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #19

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Pengie strikes where least expected. Good stuff BB.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Your story is fine,
My preference is James Axler however