An excellent book. BLOOD MERIDIAN by Cormac McCarthy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > An excellent book. BLOOD MERIDIAN by Cormac McCarthy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

Default An excellent book. BLOOD MERIDIAN by Cormac McCarthy

I read a lot. I would like to recommend this novel to all here especially if you like Old West history.

Cormac McCarthy is an unbelievable wordsmith his stories flow from the very first sentence to the conclusion. He is a well published author and has had some of his novels turned into movies such as "The Road"

He wrote Blood Meridian in the early 80's it revolves around a boy who fell in with a posse of indian scalp hunters in Texas and their campaign, receiving bounty of gold and silver from the government of Mexico.

if you're familiar with the Southwest and its history you will find the times, the lifestyle, and locales spot on. the weaponry used is also accurate. The main protagonist "The Judge" will frustrate you and cause you to think deeply. The novel is very violent. one of my favorite quotes..

“War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.” Judge Holden

Blood Meridian is also available on Audio. I also suggest in addition to reading that you hear it through the fantastic narration. Lady Steel found me an on line library copy on mp3...

Let me know what you think?

Mods I didn't find a sub section for books. ST

Tal~

Become steel or get cut.

Last edited by Steel_Talon; 04-27-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the review. I'll check it out

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book"

Old 04-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #3

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Awesome! Thanks!!! I'll check it out. I'd heard that quote before but never knew where to attribute it to.
Judging by that quote alone, I know the book is something I'll like

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

Great fellas. I'm confident you'll like it....

After you read it tell me what you think...

Tal~

Become steel or get cut.