Ex-Marines
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ex-Marines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default Ex-Marines

I know that once a Marine always a Marine, but I think the exception will be made for this a$$hat (and Murtha)...

Marine Charged With Faking War Wounds for Gain - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Quote:
SABILLASVILLE, Md. — On a sultry day in July 2008, Marine Sgt. David W. Budwah strode in his battle fatigues to the front of a picnic pavilion to tell three dozen young boys what he did during the war.

With his clear gaze, rigid posture and muscled, tattooed arms, Budwah looked every inch the hero he claimed to be. He said he was on his second tour of duty in Afghanistan when a homemade grenade exploded, wounding his face and arm when he dove to shield a buddy from the blast.

He urged the boys, ages 9-12, to take pride in themselves, their country and its warriors.

"We're here to make sure of the freedom you have every day," Budwah told his audience at Camp West Mar, a wooded American Legion compound about 60 miles northwest of Washington.

Spencer Shoemaker, then 10, was so impressed he had his picture taken with Budwah and kept a treasured newspaper clipping about the visit.

"What he said made me feel like I wanted to join the Marines," Spencer said.

But the Marines say Budwah is a liar, a fraud and a thief. They are court-martialing the 34-year-old Springhill, La., native, alleging he was never in Afghanistan, wasn't wounded and didn't earn the combat medals he wore — or the many privileges he enjoyed.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Every group of people has some bad apples, the Marines are no exception. Yes, once a Marine always a Marine but if a Marine decides to do something like this they aren't looked at in the same way.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Every group of people has some bad apples, the Marines are no exception. Yes, once a Marine always a Marine but if a Marine decides to do something like this they aren't looked at in the same way.
Nor should they be spitty. If there isn't a special place in hell for guys like this - there should be...

Old 09-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I would agree with Spitty. Every fraternity of one type or another has it's hang arounds or wannabes.

This is not surprising, but it is sad.

I think for a distinguished service like the Marines, a court martial probably would be the worst punishment.

JD

Old 09-21-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I would agree with Spitty. Every fraternity of one type or another has it's hang arounds or wannabes.

This is not surprising, but it is sad.

I think for a distinguished service like the Marines, a court martial probably would be the worst punishment.

JD
Personally, the worst punishment would be facing every other Marine I meet for the rest of my life with that on my record. My haunting as a Marine is that I never got to go play in the sandbox but my discharge was honorable and I'll never lie about my time. This douche will get a kick in the nuts every time he crosses another Marine for the rest of his life.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #6

Spitty, I served from late Vietnam thru the first Gulf War and I didn't see combat either. I was ready - but not called. You're correct that real Marines will give this fella his just desserts - both in this world and the next...

Old 09-21-2009, 06:17 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Personally, the worst punishment would be facing every other Marine I meet for the rest of my life with that on my record. My haunting as a Marine is that I never got to go play in the sandbox but my discharge was honorable and I'll never lie about my time. This douche will get a kick in the nuts every time he crosses another Marine for the rest of his life.
I guess I should have clarified my response. For a REAL MARINE, that would be the worst punishment, the court martial.

This guy has no good coming his way...

Old 09-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

JD
Actually this prick is looking not only at a CM and DD, he's also looking at a possible 30+yr. prison term. Yes, I think Sgt. Budwah will be spending time in the boudoir with Pvt. Hershey Highway...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 09-22-2009 at 01:42 AM.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:45 AM   #9

Don't let one bad seed make a bad name for all of them. Thank you to all the ex-Marines. I appreciate your sacrifices.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 446 Times on 321 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Just put him in the E-Club at Pendleton or Lejeune,, or any other Marine base,,,, he will be dealt with accordingly,,, all Marines are brothers to all who came before and after,,, he now is cast out,, no greater shame to me.

Jeff