Evolution vs Creation - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Evolution vs Creation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 04:26 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Evolution vs Creation - The Club House Evolution vs Creation - The Club House Had to make some more popcorn.

Good point BPond!! Where is the missing link? Where is or what was the first bird and if all birds are related (NOT) why can't we create a cross between a finch and an ostrich? Where and how did all the different fishes develop? Some creatures can cross breed, while others are too genetically dissimilar to reproduce offspring, too bad that doesn't work with some people.

That diversity is the insurance that some species may survive a cataclysm and repopulate. We see the same diversity in plants and animals. As the line fro Jurassic Park goes, "Life finds a way".

Last edited by dunerunner; 05-29-2009 at 04:35 AM.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:07 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPond View Post
I believe man was created by God...
Evolution vs Creation - The Club House
...but what about the Nexus?? I just want to get to the Nexus!

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Last edited by hydrashok; 05-29-2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Added the picture :)

Old 05-29-2009, 05:13 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Viruses evolve all the time.
I said species. Virus =/= Species.

As to the frog comment... I dont even know how interchangeable sexes plays into the argument considering youd still need two of the same evolved creature to create another of the same species.

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 AM   #44

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Hello everyone!! I'm sure everyone that knows me here knows where I stand.

Both sides of this debate have their good points and arguments, but your beliefs on this subject do have consequences, both socially when we are alive as well as after death.

I believe the bible is the infallabe repository of redemptive revelation. The bible starts with Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning..." This clears things up for me personally and the rest I do not question too harshly.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 AM   #45
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I won't get into the debate but I will say that hands down the absolute best thing I've seen or read on the subject is this NOVA documentary. It gives both sides from the best of both sides.

NOVA | Intelligent Design on Trial | PBS

Old 05-29-2009, 05:53 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAREAGLE View Post
I said species. Virus =/= Species.

As to the frog comment... I dont even know how interchangeable sexes plays into the argument considering youd still need two of the same evolved creature to create another of the same species.
you only need one unique to breed with a regular and the offspring to pick up the unique gene. Adaptation = evolving

wikki:Adaptation is one of the basic phenomena of biology.[1] It is the process whereby an organism becomes better suited to its habitat.[2] Also, the term adaptation may refer to a characteristic which is especially important for an organism's survival. For example, the adaptation of horses' teeth to the grinding of grass, or their ability to run fast and escape predators. Such adaptations are produced in a variable population by the better suited forms reproducing more successfully, that is, by natural selection.

evolution would be, now every horse can run fast, and grind grass etc. etc.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #47

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Does evolution give reason for Jesus? What will you do with Jesus?

I don't believe Jesus ever mentioned evolution though....

I am convinced that the claims of Jesus, as given in the Scriptures, are true. As such, I am convinced that He really lived on this Earth, really lived a sinless, perfect life, really died a horrible death on the cross in my place for my sin, really rose from the dead, really ascended into Heaven, and really will return to this Earth to bring this present age to a close and judge all mankind.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Does evolution give reason for Jesus? What will you do with Jesus?

I don't believe Jesus ever mentioned evolution though....

I am convinced that the claims of Jesus, as given in the Scriptures, are true. As such, I am convinced that He really lived on this Earth, really lived a sinless, perfect life, really died a horrible death on the cross in my place for my sin, really rose from the dead, really ascended into Heaven, and really will return to this Earth to bring this present age to a close and judge all mankind.

Hi Gojubrian,

You may be absolutely right in your belief, too! The theory of evolution does not deny any of that. Nor does it confirm any of it. It does not have to do either, and in fact cannot do either. Subjects like Jesus do not fall within its scope.

All,

Not to be insulting, but I am seeing a lot of apparent misunderstandings about the subject in this thread. There is no shame in that. It is an intensely complicated subject.

A couple of things that caught my eye are:

The “Big Bang”

The theory of evolution has nothing to do with the big bang theory. The first is biology, the latter is cosmology. Although these to theories are often blended together in more secular world views, they both live or die by their own merits. If one is false, the other may still be true.

Science & religion:

Science & evolution do not meet the definition of religions. Science and the theory of evolution are results of following the scientific method. The scientific method is, in short, using observable data to form a testable hypothesis, and the testing of the hypothesis by repeatable, controlled experiments. That is a very basic description, and obviously some observations & experiments are easier to accomplish than others. The heart of science is the collection of objective evidence. Science has no sacred tenets or dogma. If something is falsified, it is discarded in favor of a better hypothesis.

Religions are usually based on ancient writings, or at least some form of sacred scriptures. The hallmark of a religion is the sacred tenet. That is, a belief or view that is held solely on faith, and which cannot to be modified or discarded. Religion deals with the metaphysical, rather than the physical. Something that science has no ability to comment on.

Having said all that, I freely admit that there are those in our society who accept any "scientific" teaching purely on faith, rather than doing research and finding out if there is merit in their new piece of "knowledge." That speaks only to the credulity of those people however, and is not a reflection on science or the scientific method.

I hope that no one finds any offence with what I have said. I certainly am not trying to be disrespectful of any viewpoint. I only wish to help shine some light on the subject, as it is very complicated and often misunderstood.

Best wishes, Canis

Old 05-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #49

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Canis WOW very good post.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Canis WOW very good post.
Thank you very much. I recently received some help with a gun related topic from this forum, so I am happy if I am able to pay that back in any way.

Regards, Canis

Newest Threads