Evolution vs Creation - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Evolution vs Creation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It doesn't bother me if someones ancestor was a monkey or if they believe they came from some primordal soup . I know God created me as I am and that's enough for me.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 PM   #32

Liked 1431 Times on 847 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
well said canis. im not going to ever say there is or is not a god, but from what has been brought to the table im still just a simple minded fun lovin athiest
That's not Atheism, thats Agnosticism and where I put my views as well. Atheism is the specific denial of a deity. Agnostics are more of a, I'm waiting for proof either way to make a judgement.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #33

What I find somewhat redundant (I'm not saying anyone has done it here, because they haven't) is when the evolutionists and the big bang theorists argue against creationism because we cannot explain God's origin. The big bang and evolution centers on science, even though they are both their own religion. Science tells us that matter cannot be created or destroyed. So by their own reckoning, the big bang happened because something that shouldn't be there exploded and created everything.

So we have God, who created everything by just being God, or we have nothing which for no reason whatsoever created everything, totally skipping over a scientific law.

By bypassing all scientific and theological arguments we will most always arrive at this point, but the sole difference is that one gives everything in life meaning and the other makes life worthless.

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #34

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

How about this?

All organisms evolve. Let's hear it for viruses and bacteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 05-28-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: sp

Old 05-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

If we evolved, what did we evolve from? And why? And where is the link in between where we supposedly came from and where we are now?

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 05-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkick View Post
If we evolved, what did we evolve from? And why? And where is the link in between where we supposedly came from and where we are now?
What, did you miss the NatGeo special on the missing link? Plus cromagnon and homosapiens date well before the bible times.

If we came from 2 adults (Adam and Eve), then we are all inbred. That means that every human being in every form came from 2 people. Remember that the woman ate an apple from the tree of knowledge, causing our oust from paradise. Since it was banishment from a good life because knowledge was bad, then why do people try to gain knowledge? That will only cause disbelief and the realization that Genisis was adapted from a Jewish play. Question that, and you go to hell. The more you know, the deeper you seep into Satan's lair. Knowledge is no good. Boom!

I am playing the advocate of knowledge here, so don't get your knickers in a bunch over this.

Quote:

Old 05-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post

If we came from 2 adults (Adam and Eve), then we are all inbred. That means that every human being in every form came from 2 people.

I was hoping someone would bring the Adam and Eve argument into this. Since evolution at the base is beneficial mutations of a species, at one point in time to successfully breed, two similar mutations would have to exist at the beginning, and not only this, but in the entire world, these two beneficial mutations would have to be in close proximity to one another as to propagate. So coming from two of a kind would have even less chance of happening in the state of evolution vs that of Adam and Eve, meaning we wouldn't even be here at all unless we were specifically at one point in time, from two of a kind.

Also a point that we have never observed any beneficial mutations of any kind of any species.

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Last edited by WAREAGLE; 05-29-2009 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Spelling

Old 05-29-2009, 02:48 AM   #38

Liked 1431 Times on 847 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAREAGLE View Post
Also a point that we have never observed any beneficial mutations of any kind of any species.
Viruses evolve all the time.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:08 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAREAGLE View Post
I was hoping someone would bring the Adam and Eve argument into this. Since evolution at the base is beneficial mutations of a species, at one point in time to successfully breed, two similar mutations would have to exist at the beginning, and not only this, but in the entire world, these two beneficial mutations would have to be in close proximity to one another as to propagate. So coming from two of a kind would have even less chance of happening in the state of evolution vs that of Adam and Eve, meaning we wouldn't even be here at all unless we were specifically at one point in time, from two of a kind.

Many species of frogs can mutate into the other sex if there are a disproportionate amout of one sex in the mix.

Therein lies the failure of Jurassic Park. They used frog dna to fill the gaps.

Quote:

Old 05-29-2009, 03:09 AM   #40

I believe man was created by God. I'm also seeing in this thread, a lot of interchanging of macro and micro evolution.

Micro evolution is a given, and quite observable. Macro evolution, on the other hand, is a hypothesis, and does not even meet the criteria of a theory, since it cannot be tested or observed.

None of the examples of Everest guides, Siamese cats, or Darwin's Finches, demonstrate a morphological transition from one species/genus/phylum/whatever to another. Humans are still humans, cats are still cats, and the birds are still birds.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Newest Threads