Evolution vs Creation - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Evolution vs Creation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well, with due respect to all beliefs, I would like to point out that the theory of evolution is a scientific theory, and is put forth and understood by means of the scientific method. It deals only with the variation of living species on this planet. It makes no statement about how or why life began on this planet. It makes no statement about the exsistence or a supreme being.

It can not give us any insight into subjects that fall outside of the realm of science. Religious beliefs are beyond it's scope. If you choose to believe in a supreme being, the theory of evolution has nothing to say about that one way or the other.

Of course, there are things being taught by modern science that are not always compatable with the ancient texts that religious beliefs are so often based upon. A good example of this is what the discipline of geology teaches us about the age of the earth as compared to what some scholars have calculated the age to be based on the Christian old testement. In those cases, it is up to each of us as individuals to decide what we will believe and what evidence we will accept.

Regards, Canis

Old 05-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #22

I wouldn't say there isn't a God that started everything, but I believe in Evolution. You want your children to be able to adapt to any situation they might find themselves in, correct? All we can do is teach them and hope that when they need to adjust, they'll know enough to do so. Why wouldn't God give his beloved creations that ability to adjust?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

well said canis. im not going to ever say there is or is not a god, but from what has been brought to the table im still just a simple minded fun lovin athiest

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #24

I quit smoking and evolved into a lob,
that being said I'm not touching this one.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
i am an evolutionist, if there is a higher being than i would say its the sun and the earth. now as to the whole people being darker the farther south you go, normally that is true but then you got them inuits who are pretty dang dark for living in such a harshly cold region.... its weird i say. but bottom line i believe in evolution. theres too much science out there to show its real.
I might correct you in saying that it is not the hot nor cold that darkens one's skin, It is the sun. The Inuit have the advantage of an all day tanning salon with that nice ice reflection.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #26

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This is getting good !! Name:  popcorn-chair.gif
Views: 73
Size:  11.5 KBName:  popcorn-chair.gif
Views: 73
Size:  11.5 KB

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I might correct you in saying that it is not the hot nor cold that darkens one's skin, It is the sun. The Inuit have the advantage of an all day tanning salon with that nice ice reflection.
? What about the "points" on Siamese cats; they are darker in the extremeties that get colder? If one is injured, the injured area often heals darker.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
? What about the "points" on Siamese cats; they are darker in the extremeties that get colder? If one is injured, the injured area often heals darker.
I don't know the reason why that happens for Siamese cats. I just happen to know about Everest and Inuits However I bet there is a reason for it and it's not "evolution". It's something to do with environment.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I don't know the reason why that happens for Siamese cats. I just happen to know about Everest and Inuits However I bet there is a reason for it and it's not "evolution". It's something to do with environment.
The pointed pattern[1] is a form of partial albinism, resulting from a mutation in tyrosinase, an enzyme involved in melanin production. The mutated enzyme is heat-sensitive; it fails to work at normal body temperatures, but becomes active in cooler areas of the skin.[10] This results in dark colouration in the coolest parts of the cat's body, including the extremities and the face, which is cooled by the passage of air through the sinuses. from Wikipedia Siamese (cat) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A mutated enzyme sounds pretty similar to evolutionary adaptation. Either way, it beats having cold ears when you're a furry nudist.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It all goes back to the Big Bang and that was just God clapping his hands. Until somebody can come up with proof that this whole mess was started some other way, I give God the nod.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.