Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Evolution vs Creation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

From South Park:

Ms. Garrison: Now I, for one, think evolution is a bunch of *bullcrap*! But I've been told I have to teach it to you anyway. It was thought up by Charles Darwin and it goes something like this...In the beginning, we were all fish. Okay? Swimming around in the water. And then one day a couple of fish had a retard baby, and the retard baby was different, so it got to live. So Retard Fish goes on to make more retard babies, and then one day, a retard baby fish crawled out of the ocean with its......mutant fish hands... and it had butt sex with a squirrel or something and made this. Retard frog-squirrel, and then *that* had a retard baby which was a... monkey-fish-frog... And then this monkey-fish-frog had butt sex with that monkey, and that monkey had a mutant retard baby that screwed another monkey... and that made you!So there you go! You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel! Congratulations!

classic

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 05-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #12

evolution. simple minute evidence, people that live in extreme elevations can survive with little oxygen. like the Sherpa's or w/e they are called who are basically are mt. Everest guides, they climb to the top with no oxygen at all. where anyone else has a 99.9% chance of dying.

If there's no evolution then isn't that like saying there was once really hairy people and one day they were gone and the next day a new naked human just popped n the mix?

I'm not a huge fan of this type of debate only because some people get very hot headed over this topic. Either way I'm damn glad to be here and enjoy all the hobbies I have..

Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #13

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It is fairly easy for me to accept that an Omnipotent entity (God) created and controls the stage where all that we observe happens. The Earth didn't just pop up out of nothingness, nor did the universe as we know it. Our knowledge is so limited with respect to what may exist within the universe I find I can give allowance to the belief that intelligent life other than human may exist somewhere.

I believe God created the situation on this planet for man to develop. If some want to call that natural selection and evolution, that's fine but other than chance or fate; I feel a Divine spark in my life.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

spitinfire yes but you do know that the crystal skulls really do exist right? World Mysteries - Crystal Skulls

As far as everything else I agree with dunerunner.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #15

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I was created by my mommy and daddy.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
spitinfire yes but you do know that the crystal skulls really do exist right? World Mysteries - Crystal Skulls

As far as everything else I agree with dunerunner.
I didn't know that. I'll have to give that a look tonight. Sounds like some intersting stuff.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #17

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

I wish I could ahve caught the whole show on The sci-fi channel. They will show it again.

http://www.crystalskulls.com/MYSTERY-OF-THE-CRYSTAL-SKULLS-TV.html

Last edited by cpttango30; 05-28-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #18
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5643 Times on 3318 Posts
Likes Given: 4751

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
I believe God created the situation on this planet for man to develop. If some want to call that natural selection and evolution, that's fine but other than chance or fate; I feel a Divine spark in my life.
I'm not far from that; i honestly just don't know if there is a supreme being or what they think about things (seems unlikely that i would understand what a supreme being thinks). My take on the origins of man & evolution is that i wasn't around to see if somebody kickstarted the process of evolution or designed a relatively modern human from sand; maybe it happened, maybe not. Further, some people get really hung up on the Genesis timeline of a "week"; who knows how long a supreme being's day is, not me (a God's "day" could've been 1,000 human years, like dog years & such).

Overall, i'd consider myself a believer in the evolutionary process, including the possibility that humans evolved from a "lower" primate, but i don't discount the possibility of some level of influence by some higher power. Heck, aliens could've been boinkin monkeys for all we really know for certain.

I was educated at a private academy that taught from science books emphasizing the theory of "creationism".

edit* I think it is wrong to tell somebody that you know for certain they are wrong about the theory of evolution vs. creation, as far as the origin of humans.

Last edited by orangello; 05-28-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jng2985 View Post
evolution. simple minute evidence, people that live in extreme elevations can survive with little oxygen. like the Sherpa's or w/e they are called who are basically are mt. Everest guides, they climb to the top with no oxygen at all. where anyone else has a 99.9% chance of dying.
Actually, this is not evolution, but adaptation. The sherpas can survive in such environments because their blood cells carry more oxygen due to the elevation they live. No human being (including sherpas)can go from sea level directly to the top of Everest and not die unless they first acclimatize. This is why every climbing expedition breaks the climb into various stages. You spend a week in base camp just learning to breathe again. Once this is comfortable, you go to camp 1 with your gear and set up camp and then come back down to base camp. Then you move into camp one and acclimatize for a day or two before proceeding to bring your gear to camp two. After which you immediately go back to camp one for a day.

This process repeats itself to allow your body to carry more oxygen cells to the brain (and the rest of the body).

I'm a bit of a scholarly expert on Everest. Never climbed it, but I've read and watched everything I can find on the subject. Who know...maybe one day.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Hot button topic. This should get out of hand shortly. Let's just agree to post our opinions on the subject without condemning another person's point of view, fair?

That being said, I believe the earth was created by God. I also believe that the earth is far older than 8 thousand years. I've seen dinosaur bones and fossils. I also believe that science and God are not mutually exclusive. God invented science. The knock against creationism is that the church decided to counter real science (God's creation) in favor of mythology.

As for evolution... Micro evolution is observable. Macro evolution is the atheist's mythology founded by a sailor named Darwin who noticed that the shells of certain turtles were different depending on their environmental conditions. To me this is the scientific equivalent of noticing that people in the south are darker skinned than people in the north. Yeah, duh!
i am an evolutionist, if there is a higher being than i would say its the sun and the earth. now as to the whole people being darker the farther south you go, normally that is true but then you got them inuits who are pretty dang dark for living in such a harshly cold region.... its weird i say. but bottom line i believe in evolution. theres too much science out there to show its real.

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you