Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Evolution vs Creation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Evolution vs Creation

Creationist here. Micro evolution? Sure I'll believe that. But anything more is just straight nonsense to me. I will never be as arrogant to say that man is the height of existence or that no intelligent design exists. I didn't come from primordial soup. I didn't come from a single cell organism that evolved billions() of years ago...

So what does everyone here think?

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I think this is a firearms forum.

Now my Smith and Wesson was created by Smith and Wesson.
But the 1911 was created by our lord Browning.

At least so I've heard.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
I think this is a firearms forum.

Now my Smith and Wesson was created by Smith and Wesson.
But the 1911 was created by our lord Browning.

At least so I've heard.
true, but this is also the club house, a "General chit-chat forum for any topic under the sun."

but I still enjoyed the answer.

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 05-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2588 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 200

No, no. The Smith and Wesson EVOLVED from the primordial soup of bamboo tubes filled with rocks and propelled by crude black powder.

The Prophet John (Browning) brought us the message from the Almighty in the form of a chunk of steel known as the 1911. The three commandments contained there in shall forever be known as condition 1, condition 2 and condition 3. Condition one being the overriding law that the inlightened shall abide by. The neophiles, uninlightened and timid may abide by one of the other conditions if they choose.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I will bite.

I am kind of in the middle.

I believe that we did evolve from a lower form of life. There is to much evidence out there to not believe that. I also believe that there is some form of higher power at work. There has to be. Stuff just doesn't happen on it's own. I also believe that we are not the only living beings that wonder if they are alone in the cosmos. If we are alone then that would be an awful waste of space if you ask me. I truly believe that i have seen UFO's, spaceships what ever you want to call it. When something swoops down out of the clear sky hovers over an area and shoots out a blue light for 2 minutes then shoots straight up into the air at a speed no human craft can obtain it has to be from somewhere else.

I watched part of a show about the crystal skulls and the story goes that once all 13 skulls are found and brought together in one place that all mankind's problems will be solved. Also at that time they are to revile the origins of the human race and all life on earth I believe. They also said something about the fact that the human race still has some growing up to do and only when we are ready will they all be found.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Creationist, 100%. I look around this beautiful world and there is no way this all, just happen. I whole heartedly believe this place was created by God and one day he will return to take all His followers home.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I will bite.

I am kind of in the middle.

I believe that we did evolve from a lower form of life. There is to much evidence out there to not believe that. I also believe that there is some form of higher power at work. There has to be. Stuff just doesn't happen on it's own. I also believe that we are not the only living beings that wonder if they are alone in the cosmos. If we are alone then that would be an awful waste of space if you ask me. I truly believe that i have seen UFO's, spaceships what ever you want to call it. When something swoops down out of the clear sky hovers over an area and shoots out a blue light for 2 minutes then shoots straight up into the air at a speed no human craft can obtain it has to be from somewhere else.

I watched part of a show about the crystal skulls and the story goes that once all 13 skulls are found and brought together in one place that all mankind's problems will be solved. Also at that time they are to revile the origins of the human race and all life on earth I believe. They also said something about the fact that the human race still has some growing up to do and only when we are ready will they all be found.

Wasn't that the last india Jones movie?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hot button topic. This should get out of hand shortly. Let's just agree to post our opinions on the subject without condemning another person's point of view, fair?

That being said, I believe the earth was created by God. I also believe that the earth is far older than 8 thousand years. I've seen dinosaur bones and fossils. I also believe that science and God are not mutually exclusive. God invented science. The knock against creationism is that the church decided to counter real science (God's creation) in favor of mythology.

As for evolution... Micro evolution is observable. Macro evolution is the atheist's mythology founded by a sailor named Darwin who noticed that the shells of certain turtles were different depending on their environmental conditions. To me this is the scientific equivalent of noticing that people in the south are darker skinned than people in the north. Yeah, duh!

Old 05-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Creationist, 100%. I look around this beautiful world and there is no way this all, just happen. I whole heartedly believe this place was created by God and one day he will return to take all His followers home.
Huh... and where did you say you got those Rose-colored glasses again?

Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Huh... and where did you say you got those Rose-colored glasses again?
I read the Bible.