Is Everything......Made in China?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Is Everything......Made in China??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thing is, non-union companies are moving their work off shore as well

Old 04-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #12

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Well I am not made in china, but I can't cut steaks worth a dam either

Old 04-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I just pick up my steaks and bite them.

Dune, I understand your frustration and I share it. try to find quality car parts now a days...everything comes from China or Korea.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #14

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

I totally agree. There was a time when unions were needed to protect workers from slave driving employers. But with the government intervention that is now in the workplace, unions have become nothing other than self serving. It has gotten to the point where you can't fire someone for the simple fact that they SUCK AT THEIR JOB. It is simply more cost effective and productive to send jobs elsewhere. I don't even have a union where I work. I had an employee win an unemployment dispute. They claimed that they didn't know they would get fired if they simply never returned to work! The unemployment official asked if I had ever told them. What??!! We certainly don't need unions anymore. The government is doing a great job of protecting the lazy all by themselves!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #15

Liked 1163 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
This is going to be my quest from this time on, to not buy anything that isn't MADE IN the USA!! Failing that, I will settle for Assembled in the USA, but that is the only concession I'm making.
Someone should make a website like Amazon but only list products that are made in America. There would be a good size market for it, but I don't know how many products they would have listed.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I look for quality, craftsmanship, strength and reliability in everything I purchase. From cars to guns to tools, and to the line trimmer I use on the yard.

I don't care where it is made and I don't care that I bought it in Walmart, just as long as it stands up, is reliable and has a warranty.

I concur that Unions had their day back when and fought for competitive wages and protected the worker, they had a purpose then and I was proud to buy anything made in the U.S. if it was quality, and you can find it anymore, but today, their wage demands, the greed and play for power, not to mention the internal corruptness that always seems to be present in ranking board members and officers, have driven most Unions and their quality of workmanship down in the market place and to where they are today....outsourced.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #17

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
When the Army switched to black berets we were more than a little ticked to find that they were MADE IN CHINA!
That's another bone of contention for me!

The Army going PC? Let's put every desk pough in a black berret so everyone "feels" elite? WTF?

I was light infantry for 6 years. I was never a member of 1 of the 3 Ranger Battalions, therefore I had no expectation or right to the Black Berrett.

That move in this vet's opinion was complete PC BS.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 208 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I needed some basesball caps for my company. Spent a whole day looking for "MADE IN USA" caps online, but no dice. Finally, I called Mark LaRue to see where he gets his excellent hats and he sheepishly said they were made offshore. Nobody in the US makes caps anymore? Jeez. He looked around for a couple of weeks and could not find any.

But we refused to buy "MADE IN CHINA" hats.

Hmmm. Your search-fu appears weak.

A quick google of "baseball caps made in USA" turned up 416,000
hits.

Union Made in USA Pro Mesh
http://www.oldrip.com/
Welcome to Competition Headwear

And a whole lot more.

I do agree--it's getting darned hard to buy US products.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #19

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I needed some basesball caps for my company. Spent a whole day looking for "MADE IN USA" caps online, but no dice. Finally, I called Mark LaRue to see where he gets his excellent hats and he sheepishly said they were made offshore. Nobody in the US makes caps anymore? Jeez. He looked around for a couple of weeks and could not find any.

But we refused to buy "MADE IN CHINA" hats.
New Era: Officially licensed 59fifty baseball, NHL and Negro league hats and caps.
Not cheap but made in Buffalo....

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #20

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
Thing is, non-union companies are moving their work off shore as well
That's why I NOTED "minimum wage" laws.

Used to be a time when an entry level job was just that, you started for peanuts and if you had the work ethic and drive to succeed, you did.

The "evil" compaines , can't employ anyone if there products do not turn a proffit and everytime the Gov't regulates wages and bennifits they drive up the cost of production, de-motivate the work force, and hamper domestic factories ability to compete with overseas production.

Remember that the next time your politician promises a "living wage job".

Closed Thread