Every "Man" should have... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Every "Man" should have...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

... a little piece of land he can call his own. Better yet, a lot of land.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #42

Liked 290 Times on 251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1
Patience. At least enough to keep from improving the gene pool illegally, no matter how morally right it would be at the time.
Hahahaha Amen!

Old 10-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak

A man who cheats is less of a man in my eyes.
I was just playing along man. Lockerroom talk. I wouldn't even cheat if my significamt other cheated, I'd just leave. Have done it before and would again. It aint easy, but that's just a trigger for me, and sours anything I might've had with and/or wanted for her.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #44

Liked 2390 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

I was just playing along man. Lockerroom talk. I wouldn't even cheat if my significamt other cheated, I'd just leave. Have done it before and would again. It aint easy, but that's just a trigger for me, and sours anything I might've had with and/or wanted for her.
You back peddle most of your statements when people call you out. A liar or a sissy. Either one. A cheater in my book is worthless. If I find out a guy working on my boat has been cheating on his wife/gf/so, I kick them off the boat.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 10-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

If a man can't commit to the one he took a vow before his God, family.and friends to stay faithful to, what good is he? What good is his word? His handshake means nothing, his signature means nothing, any and every commitment, promise, vow, contract, agreement, and every single word that comes out of his mouth now means nothing.

Turning your back on your woman is just as bad as turning your back on your child. I turned my back on a woman and left, but only after she turned her's first by being with other men. And you can ask Downsouth, doing that, and still trying to salvage it, just damn near killed me.

What it took for me to start moving on was her basically kidnapping my son and keeping him against his will. That was the final straw. I didn't want to salvage even an amicable "divorced parents" type of relationship. Hurting my son like that put murder in my heart and blood in my eyes.

My point is, once you decide to commit to someone (and your automatically committed to your kids), you have to be willing to fight to the death for them. They deserve nothing less.
Jeesh, now that's a sad case. Sounds like a country song yet to be strummed, accoustic of course. Wow, insert head shaking in astonishment and a yearning for disbelief here!

Old 10-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

You back peddle most of your statements when people call you out. A liar or a sissy. Either one. A cheater in my book is worthless. If I find out a guy working on my boat has been cheating on his wife/gf/so, I kick them off the boat.
I believe you've both misread and greatly exaggerate the situation. I explained exactly what it was. It's neither lies nor sissydom. I wasn't called out for anything, because I don't cheat, never have, never said I have. Now a case could be made that it's just as bad to talk like I believe it's something a "man"should do, then you might have grounds to stand on in your pursuit. Some don't believe that lockerroom talk is something becoming of their idea of a man, and while I respect their right to feel that way, I strongly disagree with it amd find it a lack in character, via the holier-than-thou syndrome. Eh, to each their own.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman
... a little piece of land he can call his own. Better yet, a lot of land.
Looking for one myself, right now in fact. So very much agreed!

Old 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #48

Liked 2390 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

"locker room talk" is a bunch of bull****. It's your true actions your talking about. Don't lie about it, if you cheat that's on you. Don't try to push it aside as "locker room talk. "

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #49

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Alright so getting off the subject of cheating and back to what every man needs...hmmm...dry powder, a knife, and a working knowledge of how to use almost any semi auto firearm

Old 10-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
"locker room talk" is a bunch of bull****. It's your true actions your talking about. Don't lie about it, if you cheat that's on you. Don't try to push it aside as "locker room talk. "
Hardly, I can list the names of every girl I was with and the exact reason it ended. I've never left a girl, they've only left me. I can tell you it was always my fault, but not because of cheating, simply immaturity and the juvenilie acts befitting it. You can't tell me it's hard to believe my juvenility!?!?!!! Hahaha

Seriously though man, you've taken this way too personally. Sounds like you speak from a deeper place. If you'd like to talk about it sometime my PM door is aleays open, no joke. I mean not to make light of cheating, but you must realize that I don't know any of you or your situations, so it could be easy to offend if things aren't taken with the proper grain of salt.