Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Every "Man" should have...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #31
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Possessions: A hat. handkerchief. straight razor (and know how to use it). a good belt. good gun. boots that are good for walking, riding, and everything in between. good knife (a REAL one, not this tacticool flicking folding samurai bull spit).

Skills simplified: how to build a house, find water, keep your ride going, mend a fence, and apologize.

Morals: right from wrong isn't very simple, or good enough anymore. Never lie, cheat, or steal. Never cause unnecessary pain, emotional or physical. Know what's important to you, and stand up for it. Be able to recognize what's important to others, and help them stand if they need it, defending them if needed, regardless of whether or not their beliefs are in line with yours, but never compromise your own. Never attack someone's beliefs. If you don't agree, fine, whatever. No need to even mention it unless they're forcing theirs on you. Be ready to let others go their own way. And hold on tightly to those that stick around. Help those that need it.

Companions: A good Woman, good Friends, a good Horse, and a good Dog. (notice the capitals in that last bit, and the order?)
I agree with all of the above except the order of the last bit...a dog trumps ALL!! (as if there is a bad dog)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #32

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

A car that he can work on himself.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #33

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

the ability to be a hard @$$, and turn right around and be just as soft and tender as a newborn kitten............especially when it comes to his children.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #34

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
An oil drain pan and the ability to use it to change his own oil.
If a man can't do simple maintenance to a car, especially change oil his man card is instantly revoked
Old 10-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #35

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

The right mindset to strive for everything he can to make a great life for his family and children. Oh yeah.....and at least a 9mm.

spit hell fire

Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #36

Liked 2225 Times on 1445 Posts

Patience. At least enough to keep from improving the gene pool illegally, no matter how morally right it would be at the time.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 10-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #37

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Patience. At least enough to keep from improving the gene pool illegally, no matter how morally right it would be at the time.
??

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #38

Liked 559 Times on 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

That would be every boy. Every MAN should have a side piece when the wife/girlfriend shuts the doors or uses sex as a weapon.
A man who cheats is less of a man in my eyes.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #39
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak

A man who cheats is less of a man in my eyes.
If a man can't commit to the one he took a vow before his God, family.and friends to stay faithful to, what good is he? What good is his word? His handshake means nothing, his signature means nothing, any and every commitment, promise, vow, contract, agreement, and every single word that comes out of his mouth now means nothing.

Turning your back on your woman is just as bad as turning your back on your child. I turned my back on a woman and left, but only after she turned her's first by being with other men. And you can ask Downsouth, doing that, and still trying to salvage it, just damn near killed me.

What it took for me to start moving on was her basically kidnapping my son and keeping him against his will. That was the final straw. I didn't want to salvage even an amicable "divorced parents" type of relationship. Hurting my son like that put murder in my heart and blood in my eyes.

My point is, once you decide to commit to someone (and your automatically committed to your kids), you have to be willing to fight to the death for them. They deserve nothing less.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #40

Liked 559 Times on 369 Posts

Amen to that. Easier said than done but true nonetheless.