Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Every "Man" should have...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #91
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7399 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 9513

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I was just kidding. I love suits, because I look amazing in them, but never find a need or desire to wear them.

I won't attend funerals or celebrations of any sort, unless as a groomsman (thrice thus far, soon to be fourth), and only then will I wear a tux out of respect and uniformity. Aside from, I refuse to dress a part that plays no role other than to serve to pretend to be something one has no nearness to, and that thing is class. The only thing dress has to do with class is represent how fraudulent some will be to disguise themselevs to appear to have it.
I go places where it is expected that people wear a suit, and I don't wear one. I wear jeans. If its formal I will wear a new pair. If it is really formal I will wear a new pair of black jeans. But I'm not gonna spend several hundred dollars on a suit that I'm only gonna wear once, if I buy a pair of jeans I will wear them out. Only exception to that so far was my brother's wedding where I was a groomsman, I bought a pair of black slacks and a white shirt like the other two groomsmen. The slacks (and dress shoes that I wore just for the ceremony then put my regular shoes on) were never worn again and the white shirt I wore out working in it. It was never white after I got home from the wedding though.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I go places where it is expected that people wear a suit, and I don't wear one. I wear jeans. If its formal I will wear a new pair. If it is really formal I will wear a new pair of black jeans. But I'm not gonna spend several hundred dollars on a suit that I'm only gonna wear once, if I buy a pair of jeans I will wear them out. Only exception to that so far was my brother's wedding where I was a groomsman, I bought a pair of black slacks and a white shirt like the other two groomsmen. The slacks (and dress shoes that I wore just for the ceremony then put my regular shoes on) were never worn again and the white shirt I wore out working in it. It was never white after I got home from the wedding though.
Hahahaha

I love slacks, hell I love how I look in a suit, but I look good in everything, cuz I'm just good looking. But that aside, what one wears, ever, is inconsequential, always. Don't get me wrong, it's been mandated by company policy that I wear a suit, and I've done the slacks and dress shirt thing, but jackets are too much. Uncomfortable, ugly boxed shoulders, heavy, too hot, etc! I will never wear a full suit on purpose. Only fakes and sheep do that.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #93

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Good handwriting and the ability to form a grammatically correct sentence. This would exclude almost everyone I've ever met.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #94

Liked 200 Times on 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher
2 suits. One black one for funerals and the like. The other one a lighter color for random-need-a-suit-wear.
I have three suit one that fits and two that used to

Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #95
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4623 Times on 2312 Posts
Likes Given: 4759

Suits are fine, I just never wear them if I dont have to! Weddings and Funerals are about it, ive got a few sizes and pick one that fits my current size when I have to. Otherwise, Chinese Levis are about it...

Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #96

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_e42_3/jeans-beck-line.html

Beck claims levis are the uniform of progressives.

NEVER FORGET

Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #97
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4623 Times on 2312 Posts
Likes Given: 4759

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Ha, ha- thats just silly! Ive been wearing the exact same model of Levi since I was 19 years old (when I was on my own and got to choose my clothing), only thing thats changed is the price, the place they are made and my waist size.

My wife suggested a few weeks ago that Wranglers were half the price and asked if I would try them, still mulling that over. I like to keep things as simple as I can, I never have to wonder what I want, just tell her its time to buy a couple more pair!

Old 10-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #98
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7399 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 9513

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Suits are fine, I just never wear them if I dont have to! Weddings and Funerals are about it, ive got a few sizes and pick one that fits my current size when I have to. Otherwise, Chinese Levis are about it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Ha, ha- thats just silly! Ive been wearing the exact same model of Levi since I was 19 years old (when I was on my own and got to choose my clothing), only thing thats changed is the price, the place they are made and my waist size.

My wife suggested a few weeks ago that Wranglers were half the price and asked if I would try them, still mulling that over. I like to keep things as simple as I can, I never have to wonder what I want, just tell her its time to buy a couple more pair!
The Levi Strauss family that owns the company are actually flaming anti-gun liberals who live in San Francisco (or at least they used to in the '80's when the family re-acquired the controlling interest in the company).

I have worn Levi button fly 501's since I was a teenager as well, and I have a hard time reconciling that with their anti-gun agenda. Just recently learned that Carhartt makes button fly jeans too. I'm gonna give them a try and see if I can manage to switch. It would be the right thing to do after all. Plus, Carhartt is made in the USA!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #99
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 937 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 391

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38

I wear Wranglers, switched from Levis, and love them! Way more comfortable and fit better too!

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #100

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I wear Cabela's brand...great jeans with periodic sale prices. I wore Lee's for 35 yrs. I now like Cabela's better.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.