Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever wonder why kids are stupid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #21
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2615 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

How does he teach science? Theory?

Every science class had a way to demonstrate some subjects. Even how not to mix baking soda and vinegar (I think that was third grade volcano project.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 02-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 738 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 155

My fav teacher of my children, the member of the flat earth society. Actually complained to the principal about this idiot, and the principal said flat out she had to support the teacher.

My little angel had to draw the globe on a flat piece of paper. She drew the America's to the right of Asia. Flat Earth Society teacher gave her ZERO credit, because everybody knows America is to the LEFT of Europe... yes, seriously.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:21 AM   #23

Liked 1641 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1093

Yea some teachers are definitely not underpaid!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:30 AM   #24

Liked 2141 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 2083

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Just gonna throw this out there... If teachers, police, EMT's and fire personnel actually got paid what they were worth... you'd have more professional minded people in those lines of work.... and the tolerance for half-ass performance in those fields would go waaaayyyyy down.

We could all win then.

They accepted the pay when they took the job. If it isn't good enough, they should find different jobs. I looked into the Ohio highway patrol when I got out of the Air Force years ago. Didn't like what they offered for pay, so I found something else to do. A few decades ago minimum wage was a dollar an hour now it's 8 dollars an hour and fast food workers still aren't any more professional. Professionalism is a mindset not a paycheck.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:35 AM   #25

Liked 2308 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

bad apples in every profession, no exceptions.

stay on the dude's a$$....keep him on his toes! sounds like he needs it!

in defense of the organizationally challenged (such as myself )....some disorganized people are hard and effective workers....maybe not the case with this guy...but just saying....

Old 02-08-2014, 02:44 AM   #26

Liked 1641 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1093

I have already decided that I will meet with my son's counselor next week. I will allow him to finish this quarter with the current teacher. But I will insist that he change classes at the beginning of the next quarter. My son does not want to go to college at the moment. But he is only a freshman. I am not going to have this Jacka$$ screw up my kid's GPA anymore than he already has.

There is no excuse for losing multiple assignments. He even lost the same paper twice!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:06 AM   #27
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 362

The cluttered desk, the teacher that appears he could care less is just the tip of the iceberg! The problem in the public school system is far more insidious.
They are literally rewriting history the typical college freshman does not know who Adolf Hitler was! America is dumbing down and the fault falls right at the feet of the educational system.
For those of you with children in school check out the "Common Core" program now the Law of the Land. Really look at it and what they want to teach your children as being fact
I'm not being an alarmist this is happening right under your very noses. The people of the USA are so busy with social media , I phones, Facebook, and all the too many to mention other distractions
that they turn over the upbringing of their children to the State. If you care about them this is a huge mistake!!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #28
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2615 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

If an organization wants to move or remove a body, tenure or seniority can be worked around.

I would pressure the board (or advise the counselor that is your intent). Talk with other parents.
If the conditions are like you say, then there are others in the same boat. A petition signed by parents goes a long way in persuading the school board (elected positions, you know).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #29
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5511 Times on 2725 Posts
Likes Given: 5857

Good for you, the guy deserves a wake up call!

Can you say Tenure? Thats the real "Bad Teacher" problem, once they have it, it nearly takes an act of Congress to get them out. Nothing new there, Teachers Unions have just become so strong that nobody in power dares challenge them.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #30

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I had a history teacher in 8th grade that had ridiculous expectations. He wanted college level work out of everybody. In fact, I lost 12 points on a 10 point assignment once. I was actually impressed I had managed to do that. He also gave me detention for looking at the clock. Looking. At. The. Clock. He was kind of a Nazi.

He later got let go under very unknown circumstances. I never actually found out officially why. But from what I was told he was screwed out of his job by some kids who lied about something he did. I severely disliked this man, but unjustly firing him actually upset me.

Sent from my DeLorean Time Machine

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

People Like This