Ever wonder why kids are stupid?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever wonder why kids are stupid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1211

Default Ever wonder why kids are stupid?

My son has really good grades in all of his high school classes except one. He has all As and Bs. But in Science (which is his best subject) he has a C-. I went to teacher conferences today. What a piece of crap!

I walk into the class and look around. There are piles of papers all over the place. The teacher was sitting behind the desk. There was plies of papers on top of opened books. Seriously...the pile was over a foot high. You could only see the desk in one place. It was area about 4 inches by 4 inches. There was a coffee cup sitting in the space with what looked like 6 month old coffee and stains in it. Every surface in the classroom looked like this. My son told me ahead of time that is would be like this. But I though he was exaggerating. The teacher has my son marked down as missing assignments. My son tells me that he turns them in and the teacher looses them. I told the teacher that I saw one of the papers that my son has done twice but the teacher still has it listed as missing.

I told the teacher that I am a businessman. I happened to be wearing a suit and an overcoat at the time. I told him that I have people that work for me, an d I pay them. I asked if it would be right for me to not pay my employees. He just listened. I told him that my son's job is to go to school. His pay for his work is his grades. I told the teacher that he was cheating my son. He finally gave him credit for the missing assignment. He said he could not understand what could have happened to it. It took every bit of restraint I had to not say..."I am sure it is in this big pile of **** you call a desk." But I did not want him to take it out on my son after I left.

How is it the this guy still has a job?

And the whole time we were there he sat slouched in his chair behind his desk. He didn't even stand up to greet us. His class room looks like something off the TV show "Hoarders"

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Last edited by Rick1967; 02-06-2014 at 10:13 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

That does not sound like a good teaching environment.

I would be at the next school advisory board meeting. I would also try to have them meet in his classroom (stress good use of facilities).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 02-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #3

After I got home I wished I had thought to grab my phone and snap a picture of his desk right in front of him. I would have just let him think about it and wonder what I was going to do with it.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 02-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #4

Daniel said the guy plays videos for the class every day and goofs around on Facebook instead of teaching. I believe it is true after seeing his classroom.

People Like This 
Old 02-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Daniel said the guy plays videos for the class every day and goofs around on Facebook instead of teaching. I believe it is true after seeing his classroom.
sounds like that teacher needs a start looking for a new career. i hear McDonalds is hiring!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default Every wonder why kids are stupid?

See THAT bothers me and Pisses me off. I'm not always the neatest at home(gotten lazy from Retirement) But My Desk and workspaces at work were always Organized!!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 02-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #7
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7111 Times on 3891 Posts
Likes Given: 14389

You did good. Your son got credit for the work he completed and the instructor won't misplace his assignments again.

no offense and none taken

Old 02-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1252

Einstiens Desk circa 1959...

Become steel or get cut.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #9
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon View Post

Einstiens Desk circa 1959...

Einstein was a genius, i doubt this teacher was. more likely sloppy and lazy.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 971 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 1252

agree, couldn't resist though...lol

"If a Cluttered Desk is a Sign of a Cluttered Mind, What's an Empty Desk a Sign Of?" -Albert Einstein

Become steel or get cut.
People Like This