Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Ever wonder why kids are stupid? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ever-wonder-why-kids-stupid-103731/)

Rick1967 02-06-2014 10:10 PM

Ever wonder why kids are stupid?

My son has really good grades in all of his high school classes except one. He has all As and Bs. But in Science (which is his best subject) he has a C-. I went to teacher conferences today. What a piece of crap!

I walk into the class and look around. There are piles of papers all over the place. The teacher was sitting behind the desk. There was plies of papers on top of opened books. Seriously...the pile was over a foot high. You could only see the desk in one place. It was area about 4 inches by 4 inches. There was a coffee cup sitting in the space with what looked like 6 month old coffee and stains in it. Every surface in the classroom looked like this. My son told me ahead of time that is would be like this. But I though he was exaggerating. The teacher has my son marked down as missing assignments. My son tells me that he turns them in and the teacher looses them. I told the teacher that I saw one of the papers that my son has done twice but the teacher still has it listed as missing.

I told the teacher that I am a businessman. I happened to be wearing a suit and an overcoat at the time. I told him that I have people that work for me, an d I pay them. I asked if it would be right for me to not pay my employees. He just listened. I told him that my son's job is to go to school. His pay for his work is his grades. I told the teacher that he was cheating my son. He finally gave him credit for the missing assignment. He said he could not understand what could have happened to it. It took every bit of restraint I had to not say..."I am sure it is in this big pile of **** you call a desk." But I did not want him to take it out on my son after I left.

How is it the this guy still has a job?:eek:

And the whole time we were there he sat slouched in his chair behind his desk. He didn't even stand up to greet us. His class room looks like something off the TV show "Hoarders"

danf_fl 02-06-2014 10:13 PM

That does not sound like a good teaching environment.

I would be at the next school advisory board meeting. I would also try to have them meet in his classroom (stress good use of facilities).

Rick1967 02-06-2014 10:15 PM

After I got home I wished I had thought to grab my phone and snap a picture of his desk right in front of him. I would have just let him think about it and wonder what I was going to do with it.

Rick1967 02-06-2014 10:18 PM

Daniel said the guy plays videos for the class every day and goofs around on Facebook instead of teaching. I believe it is true after seeing his classroom.

Axxe55 02-06-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1500181)
Daniel said the guy plays videos for the class every day and goofs around on Facebook instead of teaching. I believe it is true after seeing his classroom.

sounds like that teacher needs a start looking for a new career. i hear McDonalds is hiring!

DrFootball 02-06-2014 11:43 PM

Every wonder why kids are stupid?

See THAT bothers me and Pisses me off. I'm not always the neatest at home(gotten lazy from Retirement) But My Desk and workspaces at work were always Organized!!!

MisterMcCool 02-06-2014 11:52 PM

You did good. Your son got credit for the work he completed and the instructor won't misplace his assignments again.

no offense and none taken

Steel_Talon 02-07-2014 12:03 AM

;)

Einstiens Desk circa 1959...

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/david...ein-office.jpg

Axxe55 02-07-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel_Talon (Post 1500257)

Einstein was a genius, i doubt this teacher was. more likely sloppy and lazy.

Steel_Talon 02-07-2014 01:00 AM

agree, couldn't resist though...lol

"If a Cluttered Desk is a Sign of a Cluttered Mind, What's an Empty Desk a Sign Of?" -Albert Einstein