Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1 View Post
Love these stories,absolute crackups. It's good to see you blokes have your fair share of crapologists as well.

Being an ex mechanic I used to cop a lot of interesting stories and the 1 that stuck out amongst many was 1 bloke who swore black and blue that his Holden(General Motors Holden Aussie version of GM) V8 308ci ute had completely spun the engine in the engine bay while the ute was doing 60mph.

I asked him how he knew this and he said that the engine was sitting on it's side in the engine bay. Actual fact was that the engine dropped a engine mount.
This was a standard joke amongst my mates and I for a long time.

The subject of guns and hunting always brings out the best in people I reckon.

2 stories,as at the last place I worked at there was a couple of us talking guns and hunting in general when old mate decides to throw his 2c in and says that he had a .243 that threw a projectile out at 5000fps.
Now this was just ripe for a pisstake so the 1st question I asked was "Did you chrongraph that load and what powder charge and projectile did you use and in what rifle?"

He looked at me and without missing a beat replied,"It was in a BSA Chronach(? yes I looked at him and had to turn away before I pissed myself laughing) and it was using some brand of bullet that I can't remember(where upon I started rattling off a few brand names but he sort of looked at me stunned) and it was gunpowder that was grey looking." and then I the clanger "Whats a chronograph,never heard of one of those."

I explained then that a chronograph was used to measure projectile velocity and it's been around for along time.
I then said that the only time a projectile from a rifle had hit 5000 fps was from a 30/06 and it was in an experimental rifle that the US Army was trialing years ago(I hope this is right glad to be corrected).
It was at this stage he sort of walked off not saying much claiming he had to do something.

2nd story involved another bloke at the same place that was a bit of a fisho and shooter and a teller of tall tales and true.

I was talking to a bloke about spotlighting foxes and how many I'd shot a couple of nights before and the subject of how far away have you shot a fox at came up.
This bloke pipes up and says that he shot a Emu on the run in the spotlight at............... 1000yds with his 22/250 in the head in the spotlight.

Now for those of you who do spotlight you'll know that a 1000 yds in a spotlight is a major achievement with any spotlight unless you've got 1 from an AA defense setup and to hit an EMU in the head at this range is somewhere close to a Carlos Hathcock superman type shooter with Superman vision and Bobby Lee Swaggert abilities thrown in for good measure.

I mentioned to him that at night distances are really hard to judge sometimes and left it at that,regards
You forgot, he also needed divine intervention, Voodo and the luck of the Irish to make that shot.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1009 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Stolen Valor...

I worked with a guy that claimed to be retired B52 pilot that flew in first gulf war. I'm a private pilot, and this guy knew enough to "almost" convince me, but had some pretty wild stories and still had an incredible lack of knowledge of non military aviation. About the time I was convinced he was full of it, we went flying in my plane on an IFR flight plan. It was CAUVO, and I was messing around with some charts, when I saw him reach for the yoke. That got my attention pretty quick... we were 50' off our assigned altitude. Never did figure it out.

Worked with another guy who told some wild stories, but everybody that had ever checked into the stories discovered they were 100% true.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1009 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
because they have no self esteem or pride and would do anything for a dollar.

many pathological liars are like that. they feel the need to tell lies to be better than others, and many do this because they have no self esteem
That's what I never understood about our youngest, she really has a great package, intelligence, sports, and a beautiful young lady.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #64

Liked 1651 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Last weekend, on a street corner, I saw a bum with the normal cardboard sign, except his said, "WWII Vet, Hungry, Need help". He was in his 40s. If anyone ever needed a serious asswhoopin, it was that guy; not for being a bum, or being a liar, but for being a freaking idiot.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Bigcountry02 Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #65

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I remember goin from middle school to high school, thinking all the liars would be gone. Then I started working, and realized there are grown men that lie all the time. I know a few "toppers", and I can't stand to be around em.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #66
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8815 Times on 5098 Posts
Likes Given: 11487

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Dad- to clarify- I knew where his class was going to be (and no, was NOT a secret)- because I WAS the instructor for that one. At the time only 3 of us had been credentialed to teach that course in PA.

Did I call him on it? No way.

It is much better to wait, walk into the classroom, walk to the front, and introduce yourself to the group.
Well then, well played sir! I agree that walking into the classroom would be the perfect call.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #67

Liked 192 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 315

I knew a guy just like that, Vikingdad, But he was WAYYYYY worse.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:49 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Well come on! Share!

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #69
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Well come on! Share!
yeah, come on and share!

Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #70

Dang! This thread has legs for sure!

Quote:
People Like This