Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I had a coworker once, "Zena". She told all of us, including our boss, that she had cancer when she started working with us. From day one, another coworker, "Donna", told me she had a gut feeling that it was all a lie. I dismissed the idea, saying you can't lie about something like that. Zena would tell us about how poorly she was feeling and about her doctor's appointments. Ironically, she would always try to get sympathy from Donna (who did not believe her) and rarely from me (who did believe her for awhile.) Eventually, she told us that her hair would start falling out soon, and how she had found large clumps on her pillow and any day it would all be gone. Strangely enough, this did not happen.

Around the same time, we began to find her lying about stupid stuff. Seriously, she made up the dumbest things. She messed up on paperwork one day that resulted in something getting scheduled at a time when we were closed. When we calmly mentioned it to her and asked her to be more careful next time, she made up this elaborate tale about it. She said she had set her things down for a minute out in the store and a customer must have walked past while her back was turned, pulled out a highlighter, and gone through all of her paperwork and marked just that one section just to confuse her. In fact the customer must have just happened to have the same color highlighter as she had been using earlier in their pocket. I couldn't keep a straight face listening to that one.

Then one day she called our manager (who was out of town) to tell her she would be late for work because she'd been in chemo all morning and wasn't feeling too well. My boss of course was trying to be flexible and sympathetic with her. Zena walked in to work later and told us a completely different story about where she had really been, not knowing we had spoken with our boss earlier. It didn't help when another coworker saw her somewhere else when she was supposed to be getting treatment.

It was all a lie. Who the heck lies about something like that?! And I have learned that "Donna" is almost always right when she gets one of those gut feelings.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

I've known several. Had to work with one.

These are sick, really sick,sumnaitches.

Just one of hundreds of stories.

Claimed he was a former Air Force intelligence officer and spent most of three years undercover in East Germany and Poland. Turns out that he enlisted in the Air Force when he received his draft notice. He was "released" on a general discharge after 3 months for being "unable to adapt to military life.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 01-31-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #33

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

My Ex wife , she could spend money faster than I could make it and I made roughly $49,000 a year at 20 yrs old which was pretty good money 20 years ago . She would lie about it to my face , tell me she saw these commercials about kids that needed help in Africa etc and that she sent them money and cry about it while telling me the whole sotry . After looking at bank statements and CC statements there were never any of these places or anything like them charged to my Accts . Now you know why she is my Ex

Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #34
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7025 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 8463

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I love making up outrageous stories and keep telling them and expanding on em until my target catches on and everyone gets a good laugh.
That's different than lying, really. I like spending time with pranksters like you. I'd have been feeding you the same BS back. LOL
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21310 Times on 12088 Posts
Likes Given: 53095

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That's different than lying, really. I like spending time with pranksters like you. I'd have been feeding you the same BS back. LOL
as long as all parties involved know the story is fabricated, then no harm and no foul. but when someone tries to pass off lies as the truth, then i have a serious problem with that. joking around is one thing, but being a liar is another.
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #36
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
as long as all parties involved know the story is fabricated, then no harm and no foul. but when someone tries to pass off lies as the truth, then i have a serious problem with that. joking around is one thing, but being a liar is another.
Absolutely. I agree.
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #37

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Haaa, funny story. Dont think Ive quite met anyone THAT bad but I do have a couple of topper friends that know full well I will call them on b/s if I smell it lol.

Having said that, I feel like at least 5% of members on any forum enjoy this alternate cyber lifestyle where they can create any circumstances they want! I think its safe to say there are a few on here.

"Yeah thats easy, I can hit 2" groups from 50 yards with my Glock" (the top shots)

"Sure I owned X, Y, Z, guns and they were all junk" (the xxx company hater)

"I had 5 near death experiences and prevented at least 3 gun crimes with my trusty sidearm" (the hero)

lol

Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #38

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Back in high school I had a buddy I used to fish with after school pretty frequently,not in touch with him anymore but he was a cool guy and a damn good fisherman for us just being in highschool. Anyways we peeked this small pond the day before that had was riddled with 3 or 4 pound largemouth,pretty good after school fishing. We were both talking about it in US history and the conversation turned to the biggest fish we've caught before. And the kid (a known "topper") behind us says "one time I caught a 30 pound largemouth". My buddy turns around

" I oughta smack the **** out of you,world record is just under 23 pounds,and the fish is named Dotty."

Topper: oh well it may not have been that big... But I did catch a 100 pound catfish once

Fishing buddy: GTFO

Topper: What?!

Fishing buddy: leave,just go sit over on the other side of the classroom.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #39

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I worked with a guy once that not only passed a kidney stone....EVERY day he worked he once called in sating he was going to ER to have HIS ovaries looked at because he was experiencing severe pain.

Telling yo u man, work food service and you will hear a ton of these people.

More stories!! I was more!!! Entertain me for I am in need of several more LOLs

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #40
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I worked with a guy once that not only passed a kidney stone....EVERY day he worked he once called in sating he was going to ER to have HIS ovaries looked at because he was experiencing severe pain.

Telling yo u man, work food service and you will hear a ton of these people.

More stories!! I was more!!! Entertain me for I am in need of several more LOLs
Oh, yeah, that's another thing my lying co-worker Paul had. Kidney stones.......all the time. Then he'd want to tell you about his catheters, etc. NO ONE WANTED TO HEAR IT.