Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #21
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1105 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

I did not make post # 2, that was not me. Well, OK, he looks like me, but I was outside at the time, watching birds, fly, around, and stuff.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #22

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've known a few pretty wild liars in my day but the one that comes to mind was a guy I worked with when I did food service mgmt. at this little place in a small town I lived in a while. This guy was hired to be a line cook. He was the king of top your story guys. I don't care what we made up to tell him he had a better one.

One evening one of the cooks..Cooked up" a story saying he and his girlfriend where driving down the highway doing 70 mph when she thought it be a good time to get their groove on. She whipps over on his lap in a 70 mph moving car. The storyteller has no idea how she missed the 8ball stick shift knob and after tossing undergarments in the air she got down to business.

Without missing a beat the guy says "That's nothing!" I did my wife while on water skies and we lost one half way through!". Now I had seen his wife and while she was a very nice lade she weighed an easy 450 lb and was about 6" taller then he was. I had to ask "Just what kind of boat was this and just how big those skies had to be?!?!?!?!!???" Lake Cumberland in Ky is a pretty big lake but I don't think there's ever been anything in it with the power to hold up that woman, him (that was also around 325 and 5' 6")? And who was the arresting officer that had to see these two huge naked people and the aircraft carrier that was pulling them?

He quit that night.....

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #23
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7791 Times on 4678 Posts
Likes Given: 9789

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
If you walked on the moon, he walked on the moon with Elvis.
ROFLMAO.........good one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
With a patient wide open on the table he stopped, looked up at the tech, and yelled across the room....... "Oh yeah? I f**ked a goat!".
Wait a minute.....maybe he did.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #24
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7791 Times on 4678 Posts
Likes Given: 9789

I worked with a gay man named Paul. He spent all his time trying to convince us he was not gay and then all the fantastic things he did. Like someone mentioned earlier, this guy would have to be 150 years old to do all the things he claimed to do. I don't think he was a "pathological liar" but he sure did make up stories trying to convince us all he was someone and something he was not. It would have been so much better for him and us for him to just be honest.

He claimed to be married to an Hispanic women who died in a car crash while she was pregnant with their first child. He brought her up often and he was so eager to tell each new employee this story. Sometimes his 'wife' would be pregnant with twins. Sometimes she'd have died in a house fire. Finally, someone asked him to bring in a wedding picture. He said he couldn't because when she died her family was so upset they broke into his house and stole the wedding pictures. When asked if no one else in his family had any pictures of him and his "wife" he said they all burned in a fire. He finally brought in a picture of an Hispanic woman in a wedding gown that looked like it had been cut from a magazine. He was not in the picture. One time a co-worker was telling how she got married on a beach in Florida on Valentines day. As she was telling the story he kept saying, "We did, too!" So, he got married on a beach on Valentines day just like he did but he got married in Mexico since "Mary Lou" was Mexican.

Then he would tell us how at his Senior Prom in the 70's he and his date were such good dancers that no one at the Prom danced because they spent the whole evening standing in a circle around him and his date watching them dance.

Then he tells the story of how him and his sister wanted to buy a Volkswagen Beetle and when they called to answer an ad, the car had already been sold. Then when he tried to call the guy back to ask some sort of question, he had dialed the wrong number and reached another man who just happened to be selling a Volkswagen Beetle and they bought that one.

In his day, he worked for just about any medical field you can mention. He was a few years younger than me. I do believe he went through many jobs because he was also OCD and couldn't do more than one thing at a time, counted, alphabetized, etc. and was slower than molasses in January. He was a cyto geneticist and did all kind of amazing research. He also talked to himself all day long to help keep himself on track.

IF you saw this guy, I think my 6 year old granddaughter could whup him. But he loved to tell the story of how he and Mary Lou were walking in downtown Chicago and some guy tried to grab Mary Lou's purse. He chased down the purse snatcher and beat him to a bloody pulp. That was amazing funny as this guy bought the house two doors down from his mother and on the same block as his sister and when he took any meds for any sickness, he had his Dad drive him to work because it said on the bottle "Do not operate any machinery while taking this med until you know how it affects you".

He also told of a story how he was on an airplane and something happened to the pilot. He claims to actually have gotten into the cockpit and helped land the plane.

If you mentioned any country, state, etc, any country at all, he had a cousin who lived there. One time I was telling a story about my Dad, who's family was from what was then Soviet Georgia and I stopped and said, "Let me guess, Paul, you have a cousin who lives there." The whole lunch table stopped and stared at me. His reply......."Well, actually I do....". ROFL I also once asked him how many cousins he had. His simple reply was, "Very many. My parents had big families."

I could go on and on. I'll add more "Paul stories" as I remember them. He finally quit the hospital lab and he left in a huff because he was not well liked and people were always calling him out on his very obvious lies. He now works for another hospital a ways away (since he worked at and either got fired or quit all the ones nearby) and since the Medical Technology field is rather small and we have connections everywhere, it has been told he is honest at his current place of employment, admits to being gay and having a live in. It's so much easier just to be honest.

You know, we would have accepted him much better if he had been honest. I don't give a hoot if he's gay. I don't know why he had to lie. Then he got so tripped up in the over the years he became a target. What made it worse is he could not handle the work load.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 01-31-2013 at 03:12 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #25
Kai

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

pffffft...I can top all those stories...hehehe

Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #26

Liked 784 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Met a few. The worst one of all was always that guy in the mirror the morning after bringing a one night stand home.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1012 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 222

My youngest step daughter...

Which is extremely sad, because she is by far one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. The speed that her brain works is absolutely staggering. She also is (was?) and extremely talented athlete, excelled in every sport and set several school records for running.

We have learned to recognize when she starts down the path to lying and will quickly put a stop to it. It grows old...

Friend of the oldest is just as bad, but doesn't have the intelligence to back it up. Only recently has her dad figured out that she's a serial liar. Her mom recognized it, but instead of calling their daughter on it, constantly challenges her. This causes problems between the three of them.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

I love making up outrageous stories and keep telling them and expanding on em until my target catches on and everyone gets a good laugh.

Lying can be fun if you do it with good humor and the aim to entertain. I remember convincing a couple of folks that the giant wind turbines in the kahuka training area in hawaii were there to keep the island from drifting and the gps satellites wouldnt have to change orbit and stay accurate

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #29

Liked 2756 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 2653

Besides obama the biggest liar I know is my second wife. To bad I didn't find out until after I married her. I should have known it wasn't going to work out though. I'm a scorpio and she's a bitch.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3086 Times on 1547 Posts
Likes Given: 380

My Ex-wife
Bill Clinton
98% of the modern Democratic party.
89% of the modern Republican party.
One of my expeditors when I was stationed at Moody AFB. One of those Super Top Secret ninjas who have not only done every thing you have ever done, but he did it better, in secrecy and with extreme prejudice.

NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?
Bigcountry02 Likes This