Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 26
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #251
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

I was just talking to my wife about people that lie and My Older sisters are both as good as it gets. It almost seems like they even believe the crap out of their mouth, the one that was MENSA is an Alcohol TBI case now, I guess thats a pretty good excuse now but it was her screwed up reality that took her there, more lies and denial, now she lives life like groundhog day, the same day, over and over.

I dont have the best memory in the planet but the things I remember I am certain about, good and bad arent tough for me to recall, dinner last night maybe but events and activities almost never leave my brain. Shy or reserved doesnt do me justice either, they hate it when I challenge them with irrefutable facts, a very rapid change of subject follows immediately!!! They have situational memories, if it supports their logic, they remember everything. If it doesnt, you never hear about it and they dont recall it ever.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #252
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
The OP's co-worker was apparently a "small lie" master; we have all known folks like him. The small lie is usually found out, while the "big lie", many times, is accepted by the masses. Here is what an infamous historical figure had to say.....

"with the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying."

—Adolf Hitler , Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X[1]
I would submit that all of our contemporary American political figures are students of Hitler's teachings. Not just the current administration mind you, but all of them for the past few decades.
People Like This 
Old 06-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #253

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I was kicked out of a goat show today. A goat stole my jerky as I was walking through the pens, and an altercation ensued. It didn't get physical, except when a little girl about 4 years old started throwing pellets at me and the cops (but that's as far as the physical part went). She called us cannibals. It was goat jerky that the goat stole. She ate it all in seconds. The "goat rancher" wanted to have me charged with attempted murder. The cops laughed, and that's when the poo throwing started.

True or False?
People Like This 
Old 06-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #254

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I was kicked out of a goat show today. A goat stole my jerky as I was walking through the pens, and an altercation ensued. It didn't get physical, except when a little girl about 4 years old started throwing pellets at me and the cops (but that's as far as the physical part went). She called us cannibals. It was goat jerky that the goat stole. She ate it all in seconds. The "goat rancher" wanted to have me charged with attempted murder. The cops laughed, and that's when the poo throwing started.

True or False?
Goat jerky? I say it's false.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 06-13-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #255

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You should know man. When I tell a story, the more insane it is, the more likely it is to be true!

Yes, this one is completely true. Happened today right before lunch.
People Like This 
Old 06-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #256
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4463 Times on 2482 Posts
Likes Given: 194

Quote:
You should know man. When I tell a story, the more insane it is, the more likely it is to be true!

I actually thought you were joking when you told me that too...

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #257

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

In 74 years more then my fingers and toes,and that ain't counting brown noses with bosses @#$% hanging from their nostrils!

Old 06-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #258

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:

Why goat jerky? Seems like an odd choice of jerky.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #259
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4463 Times on 2482 Posts
Likes Given: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

Because it was a goat show?

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #260
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I like buffalo jerky, tried turkey jerky once but I thought it was over spiced.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly