Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 23
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #221
Table of Warriors Placeholder
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6798 Times on 3714 Posts
Likes Given: 13375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Talon

I'm of the Fukowie Tribe. We have strong legs and are excellent jumpers which is critical to our navigational technique.

We are only 3 feet high and we live in our traditional hunting grounds of the 6ft tall grasslands.

it's also our culture to announce ourselves while we move about..

Where the Fukowie, Where the Fukowie.....

Get outta town! I'm a slappahoe! Small world.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #222

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
Said it once I"ll say it again..Most entertaining liar...Gecko45 .
Looks like there is a FB page now...oh my!
I read the link. There is no way in hell this guy can even believe himself. I hope he is just trollin pretty hard. What a jacka$$.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #223
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21289 Times on 12078 Posts
Likes Given: 53062

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRedHorse View Post
I worked with a guy who knew everything and did everything. He found out that there was a trace of American Indian (maybe) in his ancestry so he applied to an Indian tribe for certification. (Cost $). They sent him a letter welcoming him to the tribe. He used that to get university discounts for his kids. He put a dreamcatcher in his car and loaded it with Indian stickers and decals.

Now with that in hand, he now can go into "shadow mode" and become invisible in his surroundings.
I was intending to just read these gut splitting pages and not comment then I find this jewel of a posting. (see above).

I'm 1/2 Northern Blackfeet , (Registered Tribal Memeber) 1/2 Irish, I was raised in a Native community and know little or nothing about the Irish, anyway.

I run into people all the time and they claim Native Blood lines, "So what Tribe are you from" I ask, "Oh I don't know my Grandmother was affraid to say", "Well then" I ask , knowing that I'm about to hear some BS, "If you claim to be Native American but don't know your Tribe how is this possible".

They always come up with some obscure bs about "hidding" their families connection to the Native people out of fear for their lives...BS, BS, BS.

My all time favorite is when I'm told, "Oh my Great Grandmother was an Indian Princess", to this I say, "So if your Great Grandmother was an Indian Princess than that means that your Great Great Grandmother and Great Great Grandfather were King and Queen of the Indians, does that sound right too you"? That always shuts them up as anyone who knows even a bit about our culture knows there were no Kings & Queens of any Tribe! DUH!

I must share my story here;

I was at a Powwow in NH where I was standing with the other Native musicians who were to play that day.

As we are going through the line up, up walks this wannabee dressed in his plastic beads and his feathered headress that was obviousely made from some feather dusters he bought at wall mart.

He inquired if there were any flute players going to be performing on that day, I told him yes and before I could say anything else he begins to tell us that he was the personal road manager for a flutist named Jesse Red Horse and that we was with him when he toured England, Ireland and Scotland but when Mr. Red Horse came back to the states he had to resign as the road manager because another player "recruted" him to go on tour.

As this nim rod went on and on everyone of the men and women with me were in shock as his stories of him being in the UK with Mr, Red Horse got more wild with every passing moment, after he appeared to be all talked out (yes we let him continue because it is rude in our culture to cut someone off when they are talking), when he was done he had a great big grin on his face, he was happy that he had dropped a name of a Native artist that most Native people know and he was feeling very important.

Without missing a beat I asked, "Sir, have we ever met", to this he looked at me for a moment and replied "No we have not" at that moment a Native woman musician turns to him and says " Please , allowe me to make the introductions", she asked him what his name was and he gave it to her (We'll call him Jack Doe) "Mr. Doe it's my pleasure to introduce to you", "Mr. Jesse Red Horse" to which , and I didn't think this was possible, the white man became even whiter, He spun on his heels and said, "Oh I forgot, I'm late meeting some one" and departed but not without the laughter of half a dozen Native people filling the air.

Yes, just as todays soldiers must put up with stolen valor the Native people must but up with wannbees, these are the folks who try and claim Native Blood lines, and I wonder where were all these idiots when being native wasn't "hip" I don't recall them coming to anyones aid when being native meant that you could end up in a ditch with a 223 round in your head on the Rez?

(foot note) The only truth to Mr. Doe's story was that I was indeed in the UK sharing our cultures music but my road manager was named Frank Connor.

As a Native person a lier should be avoided like the plauge for the fact that if we can not trust ones words we can not trust their actions either.
Sorry for any typeo's sometimes my fingers can't keep up with my thoughts.

Just want to say that I've enjoyed all these stories, outstanding thread to read over a good cup of coffee!!!
Jesse, wonderful story and thank you for sharing it. i needed a good laugh! i would have paid money to see the expression on that guys face! LMAO!

several generations back on my father's mothers side of the family is some Cherokee heritage. so whatever part i am, is probably very, very, very little!

Old 04-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #224
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1713 Times on 887 Posts
Likes Given: 1332

My ex is a descendant of the Ashkenazi tribe. Both outlaws pure bred from Lithuania.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #225
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8133 Times on 4695 Posts
Likes Given: 10492

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRedHorse View Post
I worked with a guy who knew everything and did everything. He found out that there was a trace of American Indian (maybe) in his ancestry so he applied to an Indian tribe for certification. (Cost $). They sent him a letter welcoming him to the tribe. He used that to get university discounts for his kids. He put a dreamcatcher in his car and loaded it with Indian stickers and decals.

Now with that in hand, he now can go into "shadow mode" and become invisible in his surroundings.
I was intending to just read these gut splitting pages and not comment then I find this jewel of a posting. (see above).

I'm 1/2 Northern Blackfeet , (Registered Tribal Memeber) 1/2 Irish, I was raised in a Native community and know little or nothing about the Irish, anyway.

I run into people all the time and they claim Native Blood lines, "So what Tribe are you from" I ask, "Oh I don't know my Grandmother was affraid to say", "Well then" I ask , knowing that I'm about to hear some BS, "If you claim to be Native American but don't know your Tribe how is this possible".

They always come up with some obscure bs about "hidding" their families connection to the Native people out of fear for their lives...BS, BS, BS.

My all time favorite is when I'm told, "Oh my Great Grandmother was an Indian Princess", to this I say, "So if your Great Grandmother was an Indian Princess than that means that your Great Great Grandmother and Great Great Grandfather were King and Queen of the Indians, does that sound right too you"? That always shuts them up as anyone who knows even a bit about our culture knows there were no Kings & Queens of any Tribe! DUH!

I must share my story here;

I was at a Powwow in NH where I was standing with the other Native musicians who were to play that day.

As we are going through the line up, up walks this wannabee dressed in his plastic beads and his feathered headress that was obviousely made from some feather dusters he bought at wall mart.

He inquired if there were any flute players going to be performing on that day, I told him yes and before I could say anything else he begins to tell us that he was the personal road manager for a flutist named Jesse Red Horse and that we was with him when he toured England, Ireland and Scotland but when Mr. Red Horse came back to the states he had to resign as the road manager because another player "recruted" him to go on tour.

As this nim rod went on and on everyone of the men and women with me were in shock as his stories of him being in the UK with Mr, Red Horse got more wild with every passing moment, after he appeared to be all talked out (yes we let him continue because it is rude in our culture to cut someone off when they are talking), when he was done he had a great big grin on his face, he was happy that he had dropped a name of a Native artist that most Native people know and he was feeling very important.

Without missing a beat I asked, "Sir, have we ever met", to this he looked at me for a moment and replied "No we have not" at that moment a Native woman musician turns to him and says " Please , allowe me to make the introductions", she asked him what his name was and he gave it to her (We'll call him Jack Doe) "Mr. Doe it's my pleasure to introduce to you", "Mr. Jesse Red Horse" to which , and I didn't think this was possible, the white man became even whiter, He spun on his heels and said, "Oh I forgot, I'm late meeting some one" and departed but not without the laughter of half a dozen Native people filling the air.

Yes, just as todays soldiers must put up with stolen valor the Native people must but up with wannbees, these are the folks who try and claim Native Blood lines, and I wonder where were all these idiots when being native wasn't "hip" I don't recall them coming to anyones aid when being native meant that you could end up in a ditch with a 223 round in your head on the Rez?

(foot note) The only truth to Mr. Doe's story was that I was indeed in the UK sharing our cultures music but my road manager was named Frank Connor.

As a Native person a lier should be avoided like the plauge for the fact that if we can not trust ones words we can not trust their actions either.
Sorry for any typeo's sometimes my fingers can't keep up with my thoughts.

Just want to say that I've enjoyed all these stories, outstanding thread to read over a good cup of coffee!!!
That is priceless! I love stories like that. And yes, I agree that those who claim NA heritage are like the Stolen Valor A-holes.

I used to work with a guy who was 1/2 Nez Perce, heck of a good guy. He had a hell of a "war whoop" that he would let out once in awhile. It was awesome to hear, but would scare the hell out of anybody who didn't know him. He would go a long ways for a good prank.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 04-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #226
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 846 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 181

my inlaws have some portion of Indian, but not high enough percentage to take advantage of tribal benefits. Father in law does have a dream catcher that was blessed by I thought he said a cherokee princess... but I don't recall for sure what he said.

While I'm mostly a European mixed mutt... my step kids are truly international mutts We sat down one day and tried to calculate out the percentage, it was quite the international mix.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #227

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I once lit a cuban cigar on the yellow hot barrel of a machine gun in the middle of a firefight.

True or False?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #228

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

If it was anyone else I would say false...

Old 06-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #229
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21289 Times on 12078 Posts
Likes Given: 53062

and with it being Trip i will say true!

Edit: he said yellow instead of red hot, so the answer is false!

Last edited by Axxe55; 06-06-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #230
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I once lit a cuban cigar on the yellow hot barrel of a machine gun in the middle of a firefight.

True or False?
They're hard enough to light with a lighter - the reason that those "blow torch" lighters are so popular with cigar smokers. However, lighting a cigar is dependent on a heat source and a air being drawn through it to enhance the heat source and/or burning tobacco. Therefore, yes, I believe Trip is a big enough blow hard to light a cigar on almost any heat source.

Just kiddin', Trip - I hope you can take a joke.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This