Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #211
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,759
Liked 8928 Times on 3868 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

Default

So you have seen those old "Long Tom" 10 gauges? Then you know what I'm talking about.

That gun could kill a deer so far away, by the time you got to it, the meat would have spoiled.

What grandad taught me was to load the right barrel with buckshot and wadding- but the left barrel was loaded with paper wadding, rock salt, string, and broken up razor blades.

You fired the right barrel, killed the deer, and then fired the left barrel.

When you got there the meat had been cut up, salted down, wrapped up in the paper wadding and tied with string.

Boy, I sure miss that old shotgun......

__________________

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

c3shooter is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #212
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chuckusaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Palm Beach,Florida
Posts: 480
Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

We are witness to one each and every time our president opens his mouth.

__________________

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

chuckusaret is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #213
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In the wind
Posts: 9
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default Talk about false blood....geesh..

I worked with a guy who knew everything and did everything. He found out that there was a trace of American Indian (maybe) in his ancestry so he applied to an Indian tribe for certification. (Cost $). They sent him a letter welcoming him to the tribe. He used that to get university discounts for his kids. He put a dreamcatcher in his car and loaded it with Indian stickers and decals.

Now with that in hand, he now can go into "shadow mode" and become invisible in his surroundings.
************************************************** ***********
I was intending to just read these gut splitting pages and not comment then I find this jewel of a posting. (see above).

I'm 1/2 Northern Blackfeet , (Registered Tribal Memeber) 1/2 Irish, I was raised in a Native community and know little or nothing about the Irish, anyway.

I run into people all the time and they claim Native Blood lines, "So what Tribe are you from" I ask, "Oh I don't know my Grandmother was affraid to say", "Well then" I ask , knowing that I'm about to hear some BS, "If you claim to be Native American but don't know your Tribe how is this possible".

They always come up with some obscure bs about "hidding" their families connection to the Native people out of fear for their lives...BS, BS, BS.

My all time favorite is when I'm told, "Oh my Great Grandmother was an Indian Princess", to this I say, "So if your Great Grandmother was an Indian Princess than that means that your Great Great Grandmother and Great Great Grandfather were King and Queen of the Indians, does that sound right too you"? That always shuts them up as anyone who knows even a bit about our culture knows there were no Kings & Queens of any Tribe! DUH!

I must share my story here;

I was at a Powwow in NH where I was standing with the other Native musicians who were to play that day.

As we are going through the line up, up walks this wannabee dressed in his plastic beads and his feathered headress that was obviousely made from some feather dusters he bought at wall mart.

He inquired if there were any flute players going to be performing on that day, I told him yes and before I could say anything else he begins to tell us that he was the personal road manager for a flutist named Jesse Red Horse and that we was with him when he toured England, Ireland and Scotland but when Mr. Red Horse came back to the states he had to resign as the road manager because another player "recruted" him to go on tour.

As this nim rod went on and on everyone of the men and women with me were in shock as his stories of him being in the UK with Mr, Red Horse got more wild with every passing moment, after he appeared to be all talked out (yes we let him continue because it is rude in our culture to cut someone off when they are talking), when he was done he had a great big grin on his face, he was happy that he had dropped a name of a Native artist that most Native people know and he was feeling very important.

Without missing a beat I asked, "Sir, have we ever met", to this he looked at me for a moment and replied "No we have not" at that moment a Native woman musician turns to him and says " Please , allowe me to make the introductions", she asked him what his name was and he gave it to her (We'll call him Jack Doe) "Mr. Doe it's my pleasure to introduce to you", "Mr. Jesse Red Horse" to which , and I didn't think this was possible, the white man became even whiter, He spun on his heels and said, "Oh I forgot, I'm late meeting some one" and departed but not without the laughter of half a dozen Native people filling the air.

Yes, just as todays soldiers must put up with stolen valor the Native people must but up with wannbees, these are the folks who try and claim Native Blood lines, and I wonder where were all these idiots when being native wasn't "hip" I don't recall them coming to anyones aid when being native meant that you could end up in a ditch with a 223 round in your head on the Rez?

(foot note) The only truth to Mr. Doe's story was that I was indeed in the UK sharing our cultures music but my road manager was named Frank Connor.

As a Native person a lier should be avoided like the plauge for the fact that if we can not trust ones words we can not trust their actions either.
Sorry for any typeo's sometimes my fingers can't keep up with my thoughts.

Just want to say that I've enjoyed all these stories, outstanding thread to read over a good cup of coffee!!!

__________________
JRedHorse is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #214
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRedHorse View Post
I worked with a guy who knew everything and did everything. He found out that there was a trace of American Indian (maybe) in his ancestry so he applied to an Indian tribe for certification. (Cost $). They sent him a letter welcoming him to the tribe. He used that to get university discounts for his kids. He put a dreamcatcher in his car and loaded it with Indian stickers and decals.

Now with that in hand, he now can go into "shadow mode" and become invisible in his surroundings.
************************************************** ***********
I was intending to just read these gut splitting pages and not comment then I find this jewel of a posting. (see above).

I'm 1/2 Northern Blackfeet , (Registered Tribal Memeber) 1/2 Irish, I was raised in a Native community and know little or nothing about the Irish, anyway.

I run into people all the time and they claim Native Blood lines, "So what Tribe are you from" I ask, "Oh I don't know my Grandmother was affraid to say", "Well then" I ask , knowing that I'm about to hear some BS, "If you claim to be Native American but don't know your Tribe how is this possible".

They always come up with some obscure bs about "hidding" their families connection to the Native people out of fear for their lives...BS, BS, BS.

My all time favorite is when I'm told, "Oh my Great Grandmother was an Indian Princess", to this I say, "So if your Great Grandmother was an Indian Princess than that means that your Great Great Grandmother and Great Great Grandfather were King and Queen of the Indians, does that sound right too you"? That always shuts them up as anyone who knows even a bit about our culture knows there were no Kings & Queens of any Tribe! DUH!

I must share my story here;

I was at a Powwow in NH where I was standing with the other Native musicians who were to play that day.

As we are going through the line up, up walks this wannabee dressed in his plastic beads and his feathered headress that was obviousely made from some feather dusters he bought at wall mart.

He inquired if there were any flute players going to be performing on that day, I told him yes and before I could say anything else he begins to tell us that he was the personal road manager for a flutist named Jesse Red Horse and that we was with him when he toured England, Ireland and Scotland but when Mr. Red Horse came back to the states he had to resign as the road manager because another player "recruted" him to go on tour.

As this nim rod went on and on everyone of the men and women with me were in shock as his stories of him being in the UK with Mr, Red Horse got more wild with every passing moment, after he appeared to be all talked out (yes we let him continue because it is rude in our culture to cut someone off when they are talking), when he was done he had a great big grin on his face, he was happy that he had dropped a name of a Native artist that most Native people know and he was feeling very important.

Without missing a beat I asked, "Sir, have we ever met", to this he looked at me for a moment and replied "No we have not" at that moment a Native woman musician turns to him and says " Please , allowe me to make the introductions", she asked him what his name was and he gave it to her (We'll call him Jack Doe) "Mr. Doe it's my pleasure to introduce to you", "Mr. Jesse Red Horse" to which , and I didn't think this was possible, the white man became even whiter, He spun on his heels and said, "Oh I forgot, I'm late meeting some one" and departed but not without the laughter of half a dozen Native people filling the air.

Yes, just as todays soldiers must put up with stolen valor the Native people must but up with wannbees, these are the folks who try and claim Native Blood lines, and I wonder where were all these idiots when being native wasn't "hip" I don't recall them coming to anyones aid when being native meant that you could end up in a ditch with a 223 round in your head on the Rez?

(foot note) The only truth to Mr. Doe's story was that I was indeed in the UK sharing our cultures music but my road manager was named Frank Connor.

As a Native person a lier should be avoided like the plauge for the fact that if we can not trust ones words we can not trust their actions either.
Sorry for any typeo's sometimes my fingers can't keep up with my thoughts.

Just want to say that I've enjoyed all these stories, outstanding thread to read over a good cup of coffee!!!
I agree that people who like like that are just sorry, but not everyone who claims that they have Native American blood in them without proof is actually lieing.
Take me for example. I have some Cherokee blood in me, but don't have something official like a roll number to prove it. I do know for certain that my great grandmother and grandfather had a lot of Cherokee in them though. I don't know all of their reasons for not getting a roll number, but it may of had to do with how Native Americans were treated back then.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #215
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 9,427
Liked 5815 Times on 3289 Posts
Likes Given: 5285

Default

I have Scottish (Highland) blood in me. (Clan MacKay) And English. And Welsh. and German. Who cares??? I don't.

My first "serious" girlfriend was half Indian (India) and half "Injun." (Crow)

Who cares??? I didn't.

I couldn't care less what kind of blood you have as long as it doesn't have any pathogens that could infect me!

__________________
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”


Winston Churchill
locutus is offline  
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #216
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Steel_Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cochise County,AZ
Posts: 1,752
Liked 977 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 1258

Default

In my lifetime I've had dealings with a plethora of Pathological and Compulsive liars.

__________________
'Steel cuts flesh / steel cuts bone / steel does not cut steel.'

Become steel or get cut.
Steel_Talon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #217
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In the wind
Posts: 9
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default You know your people

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I agree that people who like like that are just sorry, but not everyone who claims that they have Native American blood in them without proof is actually lieing.
Take me for example. I have some Cherokee blood in me, but don't have something official like a roll number to prove it. I do know for certain that my great grandmother and grandfather had a lot of Cherokee in them though. I don't know all of their reasons for not getting a roll number, but it may of had to do with how Native Americans were treated back then.
My post was about those who have no idea what tribe their families come from, you have the Cherokee so we don't have a problem.
__________________
JRedHorse is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #218
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Said it once I"ll say it again..Most entertaining liar...Gecko45 .
Looks like there is a FB page now...oh my!

__________________

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #219
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Steel_Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cochise County,AZ
Posts: 1,752
Liked 977 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 1258

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRedHorse View Post
My post was about those who have no idea what tribe their families come from, you have the Cherokee so we don't have a problem.
I'm of the Fukowie Tribe. We have strong legs and are excellent jumpers which is critical to our navigational technique.

We are only 3 feet high and we live in our traditional hunting grounds of the 6ft tall grasslands.



it's also our culture to announce ourselves while we move about..

Where the Fukowie, Where the Fukowie.....











__________________
'Steel cuts flesh / steel cuts bone / steel does not cut steel.'

Become steel or get cut.

Last edited by Steel_Talon; 04-05-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Steel_Talon is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #220
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

So I worked with this guy who had gotten out of high school and gone into the army to make money for college which he dropped out of due to lack of interest and joined the navy to pay for more college which he finished and found a state job which he hated and left to go rejoin the navy (reserves or something) while attending law school to graduate into JAG and do maybe 5 years before being eligible to retire.

So anyways, he said that during his navy stint, he was on a smaller boat/ship that was ferrying some naval research people of some kind. They had picked up the researchers from some beach on one of the AK islands and were about to return for the gear when it was announced that a couple bears were messing with the gear on the beach. He swore that they were ordered to open up on the bears to "deter" them (permanently), open up with a machine gun mounted by the boat's rail. I wanna say he indicated it was a .50 caliber machine gun.

I sooooooo hope he was telling the truth.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Another lying liar!!!!!!!!!! Mosin Politics, Religion and Controversy 9 01-24-2013 09:31 PM
"CPT" William James Clark=Liar! Special forces, Ranger, 2 star combat infantry badge warrioroftheland Legal and Activism 24 08-11-2010 09:08 PM
Fake Vet nothing but a dang liar skullcrusher The Club House 37 06-17-2009 02:07 AM