Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:57 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8274 Times on 4781 Posts
Likes Given: 10701

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
That must be some thing that only car people do. Nope, never met one of those "Toppers".
It wasn't always about cars (though usually they were involved), one time when we were standing around talking one of the other, older students came up and started talking about his service in Vietnam and old Bob started in on how he lied about his age and had gone over and been in combat.

Now, this was in 1984-1987, Bob is maybe 4 years older than me and I was born in 1965. We pulled out of 'Nam in what, 1975? What a schmuck. We all just shook our heads and walked away. Including the veteran. Back then i don't think that Stolen Valor was even thought of, let alone something you could get charged as a crime for. I think he even claimed to have a Purple Heart that day.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
It wasn't always about cars (though usually they were involved), one time when we were standing around talking one of the other, older students came up and started talking about his service in Vietnam and old Bob started in on how he lied about his age and had gone over and been in combat.

Now, this was in 1984-1987, Bob is maybe 4 years older than me and I was born in 1965. We pulled out of 'Nam in what, 1975? What a schmuck. We all just shook our heads and walked away. Including the veteran. Back then i don't think that Stolen Valor was even thought of, let alone something you could get charged as a crime for. I think he even claimed to have a Purple Heart that day.
Wow...that takes a special kind of douche bag to pull something like that off in my book.

Kind of like our new Secretary of State when he served in Vietnam and was "hit with a hand grenade" and received a Purple Heart for it. Seriously, I know how you feel. Those people really piss me off.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 AM   #13

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I ran into one right in this forum a couple months ago.I always justg make a super fantastic story to insult there IQ like they do me with there lies. Works every time for me if you realy make it outragous. It becomes obvious to them and is better than just calling them a lair to there face.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8274 Times on 4781 Posts
Likes Given: 10701

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenut58 View Post
I ran into one right in this forum a couple months ago.I always justg make a super fantastic story to insult there IQ like they do me with there lies. Works every time for me if you realy make it outragous. It becomes obvious to them and is better than just calling them a lair to there face.
I hear you man. That's why the rule "Pics or it didn't happen!"

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #15

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

This is probably one of my favorite YouTube pages. Guys name is Don Shipley. He's a retired Navy SEAL that has made it his personal mission to bust out these **** eating **** tards that lie about being a SEAL. Some of the videos are funny as hell. Got to respect what the man does to protect the Valor of our armed forces.

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46 AM   #16

Liked 379 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Dated one in high school. Lived next to one in college. Its like theyre everywhere.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 01-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #17

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Every tall tail about any war. You know its coming, Well I was a Sniper. Most likely a Draft Dodger or a member of the Underground Mess Kit Repair Service.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8855 Times on 3835 Posts
Likes Given: 1382

Had one of those that was holding forth on his HIGH degree of expertise with all things explosive- how he had been trained by this agency and this group to do so many things he would have had to be 120 years old to have completed all the training courses.

I let it go until he said "Yeah, I have to go up to Pennsylvania Wednesday next week- we have a refresher class for licensing." My ears perked up.

"Really? Where abouts in PA?" "Well, I'm not allowed to say exactly- that's restricted information, y'know. But it's in Western PA."

Yeah, I knew. His class was going to be in Cranberry Township.

What he did not know was that he was talking to his instructor for that class.

GOTCHA!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

My favorite topper story is one that I wasn't around for but my wife was there for it and she was kind enough to tell me about it.
She worked with our family doctor in surgery sometimes when her department got slow and helped the surgery dept with this or that. A few of those times she got to work with a surgical tech in there that was the king of the toppers at the hospital. If you walked on the moon, he walked on the moon with Elvis.
Our doctor is a quiet, calm, God fearing man that doesn't rattle or cuss unless he's on the dangerous side of mad. One of the times the scrub tech was regaling the audience with his exploits (I can't remember what about) in the middle of a case and the good doctor finally had it. He finally had a chance to get rattled and cuss at the same time.
With a patient wide open on the table he stopped, looked up at the tech, and yelled across the room....... "Oh yeah? I f**ked a goat!".
And to this day my wife still almost laughs herself to tears when she tells that story.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #20

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

As much as I'd rather not, I work with one of these guys. He lies about anything and everything. My favourite one is how his old beat up Saturn can get up to 240 KmHr and how when he's done tuning the transmission, 300KmHr will be a synch to hit. Since I don't know much about cars, I let this one slide.

Then he came to my turf, a co-worker was flipping through a Wholesale Sports catalog on some down time and "brad" starting making a new storey for himself. He started out by saying he doesn't shoot at all, then found out my girlfriend is a shooter and was trying to impress her by saying he hunts a good bit. Naturally my girlfriend asked what he was using to hunt and what type of game, his response was that he only hunted deer.....with a "7mm."

This is where I had to start asking some questions. I thought I'd be nice and give him a chance to prove himself. After asking "what 7mm do you use?" And getting "a bolt action" as an answer, I figured I'd just run him into the ground here. So started asking him what brand rifle he used was, the model and a specific 7mm calibre since I can think of four off the top on my head. All I got out of him was "it's a bolt action rifle", "I only use it the rare time", and my personal favourite was when I asked the exact calibre. "It's a 7 em em, that's it. I don't know what else it could be.....it's my dads rifle."