Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #181
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7100 Times on 4273 Posts
Likes Given: 8608

I was Miss Illinois in 1987. I graduated valedictorian of my high school and college class. I am tall, thin and blonde. I buy a new car whenever the new car smell wears out of my current car. My house is so huge many of the rooms remain empty. My kids are perfect as are my grandchildren. I buy a new gun whenever I get the hankering. I just don't post them all because I don't want you all to get jealous. During Operation Desert Storm, Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf often would call me for advice and to run his ideas past me. I contacted Bin Laden and told him to just give up and let the Seal Team 6 finally get him. And I don't really know any pathological liars.

People Like This 
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #182

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

This was a thread for liars winds. Not actual facts. C'mon. LOL

Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #183
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Winds that may be the best ever. If I ever get that far west I want to buy you dinner and hear all of the details!!

My youngest brother is an amazing liar. Even when I know he is lying part of me believes him.

As a quick backround I am the oldest, I work for a large freight company other than a major shoulder injury that kept me off work for 11 weeks you could count on 1 hand the number of times I have missed work in the last 10 years. My middle brother is a doctor, he worked his ass off to get there. He works about 75 hours a week between actual doctor stuff and the running the business side of his practice.

The youngest has been in and out of jail since he was 18, he is in again right now. My parents are snow birds wintering in Az. Last winter most of their farm equipment was stolen and scrapped, plow, corn planter, some other stuff. This was not high dollar equipment we have a very small farm and most of our equipment was very old and converted from horse drawn to tractor drawn. But it had to be him.

This fall I tore down my shop and it was too late in the year to rebuild over at Dads so the parts were stored in Dads barn. Just before Christmas a friend calls me saying he saw my brother with a load of scrap in his truck that included a bunch of spouting, I run over to Dads and sure enough the spouting from my building is gone. I went to visit him in jail friday and he almost convinced me didn't do it although I know damn well he did.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #184

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I used to work with a guy like that, a topper as the op calls it is a good term to describe him. He would come up with the most outlandish crap.

He once told us that while on lunch break at a previous job he and another coworker went to the dairy queen drivethru to grab a bite. While sitting in line in the car all of the sudden they heard this strange low rumble. All of a sudden a huge wall of water came over the hill and hit the drivethru. He looked over and his buddy's hardhat was floating and bubbles were coming up to the surface of the water, yes inside the car. He realized his buddy was drowning and he had to act fast. He started the car and revved er up to 5k and dumped the clutch, causing the car to pop a wheelie right there in the drivethru and draining the water from the car. His buddy survived the incident. Rolleyes

Also my friends dad is a story teller. He swears he lost his 51' Ford in the flood of 37'

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #185
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3265 Times on 1809 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
I used to work with a guy like that, a topper as the op calls it is a good term to describe him. He would come up with the most outlandish crap.

He once told us that while on lunch break at a previous job he and another coworker went to the dairy queen drivethru to grab a bite. While sitting in line in the car all of the sudden they heard this strange low rumble. All of a sudden a huge wall of water came over the hill and hit the drivethru. He looked over and his buddy's hardhat was floating and bubbles were coming up to the surface of the water, yes inside the car. He realized his buddy was drowning and he had to act fast. He started the car and revved er up to 5k and dumped the clutch, causing the car to pop a wheelie right there in the drivethru and draining the water from the car. His buddy survived the incident. Rolleyes

Also my friends dad is a story teller. He swears he lost his 51' Ford in the flood of 37'
That's odd... Last time I checked cars don't run under water, actually I have a friend who knows this from experience. You can ask him about how a girl with a Duramax had to come drag his ford out of a pond. :P there are other issues with that story but that's my favorite.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #186

Liked 379 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Is there a thread about outlandish stories about yourself that are actually true. "Unbelievably true stories". I swear ive seen it before but if not somebody should make it. Just saying.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #187
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3265 Times on 1809 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
Is there a thread about outlandish stories about yourself that are actually true. "Unbelievably true stories". I swear ive seen it before but if not somebody should make it. Just saying.
Ha, maybe we could get Trip to come back. He needs to write a book about all the crazy things he's done and I don't even think I know half of it..

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #188

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

The majority of pathological liars I know are most politicians.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #189
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8273 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10698

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
The majority of pathological liars I know are most politicians.
Politicians are pros. I am talking about amateurs who aren't quite good enough to go pro (as in making money from it.)

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #190

Liked 286 Times on 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin556 View Post

ummmm....... Dude I think we might be brothers. You just described my dad exactly. If you had of added that he makes up facts about stuff he buys and makes it the best in the world of whatever it is I would be kinda worried we had the same dad.
Lol he does that! I thought that was typical with old people tho so I didn't bother mentioning it.

Are you part Vietnamese by chance? Because apparently my dad is a major ladies man that I never see until after I've left the bar then he suddenly becomes Casanova... Yeah, he claims to have a chance of several babies (now adults) running around Vietnam. He never mentioned if the women were willing. Knowing him I'd guess he bought them cars first to make them so, and meet them in strip clubs. Lol

Yeah, pathological liars have nothing on my pops... nothing!

We actually did have some woman knock on our door when I was maybe 13, claiming to be my dad's daughter. It was the most awkward thing ever. She was 20 something, married to a Marine with a child and bun in oven. We all went out to lunch twice, dinner once, then never heard from her again. Maybe you're the brother that never knocked on the door? Lol!!

Good to know ya brother! Drop by for a beer anytime, I always have some!