Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 18
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #171
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3305 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 18891

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Of COURSE you were attacked by lions bare-handed! DUH!

Lions don't have opposable thumbs! How would you expect them to HOLD anything?

SHESSH! Some people.......
Two Lion's paws = one bad-ass thumb..!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #172
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 69

I've never known a liar like that but, I worked with a electrician named "Jamie" who had all kinds of great stories and military experience. I'll never forget the time (about two months after 9/11) he told me with a straight face he was expecting a call from the CIA. I looked at him bewildered, then he said he'd get the call back into action to go get Bin Laden. But, no I've never met anyone like you guys talk about.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

People Like This 
Old 02-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #173

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

My dad is one. It doesn't bother me much, often, but there are times. He only does it for the benefit of making himself look good, his definition, in the eyes of those around him and, thus, only does so when in the company of others.

I remember the first time I realized it. He, I and a buddy or two of his were out on the town and stories of exes inevitably came up over too many beers and male bonding. The others were all older with multiple marriages under their belts, whereas I had only a single year long exgirlfriend to reference, so I wasnt going to bother, but he did for me.

He asked me to remind him of her name and talked about what a slut she was, which she wasn't at all, he had barely merry her twice. To make his point he said (and I quote), "Hell even I f*ked her". Since then I've seen him do it pretty much daily. He simply loves to tell a story and always wants to have something to say about everything. It gets annoying, but the harm is minimal and I just don't care about what anyone says ever. Words are worthless to me, he's taught me that through this.

I could go on with a hundreds of similar instances, many on par with this, none worse that I can think of. Most people don't even catch it or think twice about it, so I don't bother correcting or calling him out. Just makes for an interesting dynamic and relationship, but that's kind of the way I like it. I always choose the jerks, the reclusive, the eccentric types to befriend. The ones nobody else seem to like.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #174

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
liars need to tell more lies to cover the ones they have already told. it becomes such a vicious cycle at some point they can't even remember which lies they have told to who and which one is the newest to cover the oldest.

most pathological liars i have seen in the past, would rather tell a lie, even if the truth would have saved them. they just can't help themselves. they do it as easily as most of us breathe. they see no wrong in their telling lies and when on a forum conversing with people who don't know them personally it's much easier for them to tell their tales.

i have noticed they will avoid a thread when it calls them out or they tend to hedge and crawfish when confronted with the truth or their lie is being exposed. when asked for proof or facts to support what they are claiming, there is always some excuse or reason they can't and many times those reasons are just as outlandish or as unrealistic as the the lie they told.
Hmmm. I feel like I've ran into someone like that on this forum.
People Like This 
Old 02-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #175
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco View Post
Hmmm. I feel like I've ran into someone like that on this forum.
that's odd. so have i! but what make you think that?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:16 AM   #176
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7315 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
liars need to tell more lies to cover the ones they have already told. it becomes such a vicious cycle at some point they can't even remember which lies they have told to who and which one is the newest to cover the oldest.
That's how my ex-coworker, Paul, was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
My dad is one.
To make his point he said (and I quote), "Hell even I f*ked her". Since then
I don't know how old your Dad is but if this behavioiur is something new, I wonder if he's not getting some sort of dementia.
People Like This 
Old 02-03-2013, 04:20 AM   #177

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I don't know how old your Dad is but if this behavioiur is something new, I wonder if he's not getting some sort of dementia.
This was about 10 years ago, he wasn't even 60 yet. He's perfectly lucid still, it's just him.

My favorite times are when he makes claims about people who think exactly like him which supports his views on something. He boasts it as if it turns his self righteousness or beliefs into a substantiated fact. It's really odd because he forgets that I'm sometimes right there and privy to these conversations. He spews all over these poor people, always paid help at some store, and to appease him so he'll leave they nod or say something like, "yeah, I don't know, maybe." He hears what he wants in order to feel supported in his theories and calls it reality.

A week ago we were shopping for guns and he went on about the government conspiracy with this ban, to stimulate the economy and rejuvenate or country, as if anyone cares let alone would agree with such a simplistic view on the issue. They're paid to listen, agree and hopefully sell you something.

I was literally right next to him. Later at another store he asks me if I heard the clerk talking to him telling him about this government conspiracy to make economy better. I don't even waste my time. I tried correcting/confronting him once and it was like a meltdown. Something about having no respect for my elders and treating my own father like a piece of sh!t. It was truly an insane reaction. Never seen anything like it. He then called me a liar and accused me of misinterpreting the situation and not knowing anything. I'm then the young idiot who knows nothing but represents myself as a know it all and he's the victim. Join the rest of America dad, voluntary victims.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #178

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
This was about 10 years ago, he wasn't even 60 yet. He's perfectly lucid still, it's just him.

My favorite times are when he makes claims about people who think exactly like him which supports his views on something. He boasts it as if it turns his self righteousness or beliefs into a substantiated fact. It's really odd because he forgets that I'm sometimes right there and privy to these conversations. He spews all over these poor people, always paid help at some store, and to appease him so he'll leave they nod or say something like, "yeah, I don't know, maybe." He hears what he wants in order to feel supported in his theories and calls it reality.

A week ago we were shopping for guns and he went on about the government conspiracy with this ban, to stimulate the economy and rejuvenate or country, as if anyone cares let alone would agree with such a simplistic view on the issue. They're paid to listen, agree and hopefully sell you something.

I was literally right next to him. Later at another store he asks me if I heard the clerk talking to him telling him about this government conspiracy to make economy better. I don't even waste my time. I tried correcting/confronting him once and it was like a meltdown. Something about having no respect for my elders and treating my own father like a piece of sh!t. It was truly an insane reaction. Never seen anything like it. He then called me a liar and accused me of misinterpreting the situation and not knowing anything. I'm then the young idiot who knows nothing but represents myself as a know it all and he's the victim. Join the rest of America dad, voluntary victims.
ummmm....... Dude I think we might be brothers. You just described my dad exactly. If you had of added that he makes up facts about stuff he buys and makes it the best in the world of whatever it is I would be kinda worried we had the same dad.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:25 PM   #179

Liked 26 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A famous man said once, "always tell the truth. It's easier to remember"

Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #180
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1Monster View Post
A famous man said once, "always tell the truth. It's easier to remember"
seems like the lies are the harder ones to remember!