Ever Known A Pathological Liar? - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever Known A Pathological Liar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #111
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2472 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
All this talk reminds me of an epic story and thread from a few years ago on another forum. A union magazine for airline pilots ran a story called "Mature Beyond His Years" featuring an interview with this guy (who applied to be interviewed);

Tim ******** (American Eagle pilot)

Excerpts from article;

" Some men and women grace their world with a maturity uncommon for their age. One such is F/O Timothy ******* (American Eagle), a role model for the ALPA Code of Ethics. The ALPA Code of Ethics declares, in part, that “an airline pilot will realize that he represents the airline to all who meet him, and will at all times keep his personal appearance and conduct above reproach.” At the age of 16, ******* started flying in September 2001—an inauspicious month, to be sure—as a freshman in the Dowling College School of Aviation, located at Brookhaven Airport on Long Island, N.Y. He graduated 3 years later, all of 19 years old, with a commercial certificate and multiengine, instrument, CFII, and single-engine sea ratings. “I was in one of the last classes at Atlantic Coast Airlines,” ******** recalls, “but I was furloughed after 8 months, so I joined the New Jersey Air National Guard.” He flies F-16s as a member of the 177th Fighter Wing, which is based in Atlantic City, N.J.; F-15s might be next. In August 2006, ******* joined EGL, flying as a Saab 340 copilot based at LAX. Since 2007, he’s flown Embraer 135/145s from New York’s JFK and LGA. In addition to flying for EGL, ********, carrying on a family tradition, works as a firefighter and paramedic for New York City. “It’s an easy second job to hold,” he explains, “because I can work a flexible schedule that fits in with my flying.” ******** is a member of Ladder Company Two, located in NYC. With that background, he was well prepared to provide CIRP support for the ALPA accident investigators who participated in the field investigation of the Colgan AirFlight 3407 crash near Buffalo, N.Y., in February 2009. ******** spent 10 days at the Colgan field investigation."
------------------------------------------------------------------
The other forum I belong to started discussing this story; we had some of his co-workers, USAF viper pilots, and thousands of other pilots as members. Once someone smelled a fish, many others including me took it upon themselves to make some calls and do some investigating. They looked into his Facebook page, FAA public records, Linked-In page, called base commanders, etc! All told, through the different internet sources we researched, this guy was claiming to be; a Air Force Academy grad, SWA pilot, F16 pilot call-sign "Milkman" (maybe F15's soon), air crash investigator, rescue diver, paramedic, Eagle pilot, seaplane pilot, flight instructor, Habitat for Humanity leader, NYFD Ladder 2 member, and a company new hire coordinator. All at 24 years old!!! In reality he only had ever held a FO pilot position at a regional airline, everything else was pure fantasy. Our forum members crushed this guy, as he made us all look bad and lied about his military and firefighting service, and we did what it took to expose him for his fraud and lies, it was epic! He was even posting using different screen names to defend himself throughout the thread, until someone busted him on that too! In the end, the magazine made a public apology (and pulled the article off its servers), a few news-agency's even ran the story, and his company pursued action against him. Last I heard he was forced to resign, and I've never heard anything about him since. See, sometimes the BS'ers do get caught...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/american_eagle_pilot_suspended_after_soKJR4zQDHGxR Yoin99RbI
Pilots are a lot like fishermen. It's easy to come up with some real doozies if we put our mind to it.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22234 Times on 12459 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Pilots are a lot like fishermen. It's easy to come up with some real doozies if we put our mind to it.
well one time we were fishing and i caught ten or twelve of the largest Bass there ever was in that lake. the smallest was 15 lbs. and the largest was over 25 lbs. i forgot my camera and well it was a catch and release lake!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1300 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association published a monthly rag. Few years ago they highlighted a guy that flew for the CIA and landed a plane on carrier during vietnam war... except in one of the oldest forums on the web, were some of pilots from the era, including an Air America pilot. They called BS, partially because the plane physically wouldn't fit on the ship.

He was found dead in his car from suicide, with several of the posts from the forum.

I agree, pilots are a special breed of BS spinners

Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #114

Liked 384 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 156

I don't know one, but I see one on TV quite a bit!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #115
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association published a monthly rag. Few years ago they highlighted a guy that flew for the CIA and landed a plane on carrier during vietnam war... except in one of the oldest forums on the web, were some of pilots from the era, including an Air America pilot. They called BS, partially because the plane physically wouldn't fit on the ship.

He was found dead in his car from suicide, with several of the posts from the forum.

I agree, pilots are a special breed of BS spinners
I recall seeing a quiz where they asked which one of several airplanes listed had never landed or taken off from a carrier deck. Which one of these would it be?

a) Corsair F4U
b) U2
c) C130
d) B25
e) P51 Mustang

Anyhow, I thought it was a neat quiz. If you know the correct answer don't ruin it for the rest who are scratching their heads.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4223 Times on 2354 Posts
Likes Given: 21223

KNOW THY SELF.!

Everybody aspires to be something they are not,some will fantasize to
become what they wish to be!

Know thy self,if you don't like what you see in the mirror,change!
People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #117
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
KNOW THY SELF.!

Everybody aspires to be something they are not,some will fantasize to
become what they wish to be!

Know thy self,if you don't like what you see in the mirror,change!
Or you can live your life vicariously!
People Like This 
Old 02-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4223 Times on 2354 Posts
Likes Given: 21223

As stated,even I aspire to be something I'm not able to !

I wish I were 21 years old again !
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #119

Liked 419 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
As much as I'd rather not, I work with one of these guys. He lies about anything and everything. My favourite one is how his old beat up Saturn can get up to 240 KmHr and how when he's done tuning the transmission, 300KmHr will be a synch to hit. Since I don't know much about cars, I let this one slide.
240 kmPH equals 149 mph, 300 kmPH equals 186 mph. you could attach that car to a saturn rocket & not get it to go that fast.

i was lookin at a Mitsubishi Lancer (not an Evo) a couple years ago & the salesman tells me "yeah you'd look good in that, real good. this car is turbocharged, supercharged, nitrous, this car will do 200 miles an hour!" i asked to look under the hood to see what kind of turbo, supercharger AND nitrous system it had. he said he couldn't do that, it was on consigment and the owner had to be there for anyone to look under the hood or test drive the car. i tried to supress my laughter but it didn't work. i walked off the lot & never looked back.

a guy a friend of mine was dating had told her he was a Navy Seal. of course i didn't believe a word of it but how could i prove he wasn't? turns out i didn't need to, he got his ass whooped by a skinny meth head later that night. that was all the proof any of us needed
People Like This 
Old 02-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #120
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4148 Times on 2297 Posts
Likes Given: 183

I worked at Quizno's my last year of high school. I worked with a guy named Todd. Now Todd claimed to have studied culinary art at NYU, he was working at Quizno's to get "Management experience". He also lived with his parents, except it was his house he just let them live there and he drove their truck except it was his truck he just let them use it, 90% of the time they dropped him off at work and picked him up. He also had thyroid cancer and had to have his thyroid removed. He came into work the day after his surgery, no incision anywhere, now they may have changed the procedure but I know a lady who had thyroid cancer and has a big scar across her throat from where they removed it... He was also stealing from my boss. Wanna know the best part of the story? I dated him for awhile... Oh wait, the best part was that when I called him out on the lying and broke up with him, he cried... I would have felt bad if he hadn't lied to me. He lied about having cancer, I thought for sure he was the only one low enough to do that but apparently not.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
Wiebelhaus Likes This