Ever have one of those days.....?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever have one of those days.....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ever have one of those days.....?

So my wife is out of town so I have double the housework to do. I thought I'd take a break and go to the gun club. All goes well with the Mosin NAgant, BUT as I'm driving home out in the boondocks I come up on a random check point with two S.P. units. No biggie. Then they ask me why I've been living in NC for 8 months and still have TN tags. OOPS! Forgot about that! So now with a brand new $146 ticket, I'm on my merry way. I get home and realize it's time to field strip my SIG GSR. I get my Pyrex oven dish(I used it to melt the cosmo of my Garand so the wife gave it to me) field strip the gun and soak it the dish. Then I realize I'm out of gun scrubber(the stuff that evaporates) so I let the gun soak and jiffy into town to pick up the gun scrubber. I get back 30 min. later and find my gun and parts on the ground in a pile of shattered Pyrex(big pieces, slivers, glass dust etc.). Seems the mother in law bumped the table while taking her dog out. So now I have to completely strip the gun down to the frame and clean everything again.
Lessons learned:
Keep your vehicle legal; it'll haunt you at the worst possible time.
Don't use glass containers to soak your gun; plastic is your friend.
And DEFINITELY don't move your mother in law in with you!

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

*shaking head in dismay* You know, I have had a pretty sh*tty past couple of days, but it's been all work stuff. You have definitely got me beat brother...

At least the weekend is coming up and there is a great fight card on for the UFC if you are into that sort of thing.

JD

Old 10-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have had similar days recently as well but things are starting to look up. Hey gus, where are you in NC?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Think Cote will make it out of the first round vs. Silva?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:00 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ah yes one of those days. BUT...you got to go shoot, you got to clean your guns, and your MIL has a dog instead of a cat. OK, she may have a cat also, but I'm looking on the positive side of this

Old 10-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
Think Cote will make it out of the first round vs. Silva?
The betting line says no ( -800/+550 ) which is a HUGE margin for a main event.

Silva, I think, lives half in the Matrix and half out of the Matrix, which is how he can pull off some of the stuff he does in the ring. His training with Black House, and Big Nog / Little Nog and his previous training at Chute Boxe has left him primed as the best fighter PnP on the planet in my opinion....

So, can Cote make it out of the first round? That depends, but I am going to say yes. If he goes with the Muay Thai stand and trade, he is done for in the first round. If he moves in and out, makes Anderson chase him and picks his spots to trade and when to "run away" he lives for 2 rounds.

There is about 7% chance he ( Cote ) wins this fight in my opinion... LOL

And poor Supergus is still $147 lighter in the wallet and still needs to update his tags... *because I highjacked his thread a little bit*

JD

Old 10-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #7

Well don't know if this beats you , but I was puked on and then ****ted on by my 6month old. God I hate being puked on when it is baby formula. That crap stinks. But hey I am alive what more can I ask for.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
Well don't know if this beats you , but I was puked on and then ****ted on by my 6month old. God I hate being puked on when it is baby formula. That crap stinks. But hey I am alive what more can I ask for.
I HATE getting puked on! You may be in the running to beat me!
Spittinfire, I'm in BUrlington, about 3 hours or so from Asheville. I bet it's beatiful up there this time of the year.
As far as Cote/Silva, I give the fight to Silva in the first round. Silva is a freak of nature IMO!

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
I was puked on and then ****ted on by my 6 month old. God I hate being puked on when it is baby formula. That crap stinks. But hey I am alive what more can I ask for.
You can work on getting him a couple of brothers/sisters so he'll have someone to play with so he quits puking and pi**ing on you.

Babys are great! Play with him a bunch because you are going to blink a couple of times and he'll be at college or somewhere......

Old 10-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
You can work on getting him a couple of brothers/sisters so he'll have someone to play with so he quits puking and pi**ing on you.

Babys are great! Play with him a bunch because you are going to blink a couple of times and he'll be at college or somewhere......

Lol he already has 2 olders sisters. A 4yr old and a 2 yr old. I have my hands full.