Ever have a dream... - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever have a dream...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #51
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
I haven't read any responses yet but I'll jump in here and tell you I think it's normal. Wether stressing about something or maybe a subliminal regret.

One dream I've repeatedly had,was influenced by my job. For 14 years I ran yachts up and down the East coast. After a few years I started having odd dreams about where the boat was.
I'd dream that I'd taken a boat all the way up a river to it source, then could see the source of another river going the other direction. I imagined I could throttle up, skip a cross the shallow water and the land, and cruise down the other river.

I've also dreamed that I took my boat into a harbor, then continued up the road, chewing up the asphalt with the props.

These were recurring dreams and very disturbing but the funny thing was, I started asking other captains about the dreams and most said they'd had similar but we're afraid to say anything to anyone else.

I guess it was just job stress.

Hang in there, try to figure out what might have caused it, then you can resolve the problem. It could just be some very insignificant thing in your past that you've made into something much larger than it should be.
If I was to try and interpret those two, here's my take:

The first dream is most likely about transition in life. You're moving from one river to another.

The second dream is about the ability to take your life into places that many would believe it could not go.

Those are actually pretty exciting dreams. There's no precise science to it, but that would be my take.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Firearms Talk mobile app

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 01-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #52
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8166

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Sorry to hear that! Been there K, not the same, it was my fault, luckily my stupidity only caused the death of a great car and a giant tree! Me, my Cordoba and a huge Maple came t0ogether at 60 MPH! Metal plates a plastic eye socket and some permanently twisted bones are reminders. Had the dreams for years after, I cant verbally recall that night 25 years ago but my dreams sure did and they were scary as hell. Every once in a while, I still have one...
We all make mistakes, and the best outcome is we learn from them. When we do, those lessons stick for a long time. Glad you made it through that WF.

The guy who hit me got a 5 to 10 year sentence for manslaughter, and was eligible for parole after 3 years of that sentence. About a week after he was released, he called me. I will tell you the 3 hardest words in the English language to say when something like that happens. "I forgive you." It took everything I had to say those words, but when I did it felt like a 10 to weight had been lifted off me.

He and I both will have to live with what happened that night for the rest of our lives. As hard as it is on me sometimes, I know that it has to be far worse for him. I can't imagine what his dreams are like, and i wish him well. From what I have heard he just celebrated his 19th year of sobriety ( I have a couple friends in AA that attend the same meeting he does on Tuesdays), and I think that when he makes it to 20 I will send him a card congratulating him on making it to that milestone.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This