Ever have a dream... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever have a dream...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
Have y'all ever had a dream that shakes you up so bad that you don't even feel like yourself when you wake up? I did a couple of weeks ago and Im still rattled by it. It wasn't even frightening, just...strange.

Please tell me that Im not alone here! Im feeling kind of crazy right now.
See GG&C your not the only one. Now that doesn't necessarly mean your NOT really crazy. It just means that if you are you have plenty of company.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Firearms Talk mobile app

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by string1946; 01-04-2014 at 12:23 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 10:30 PM   #32

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I... ****ing... HATE... that one.
And the times you DO get the trigger pulled back, it's because you finally had to just use two fingers on it? This happens to me at least once a week.

I've never been in combat and I have this dream on occasion. Or I keep putting rounds into someone and they won't go down.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

dango Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 10:59 PM   #33

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Some of these are examples of why I just developed a little more respect for our vets... my heart goes out to you folks that hopefully some day those thoughts will give you much needed rest...

As for the Chantix - I know 1 person who has quit while using it. My wife. She did have nightmares, and she did act strange sometimes, but she had it in her mind that she was going to quit on the first round of it, and we had already agreed that I was to keep an eye in her for anything dangerously unusual. She had tried another cessation product when she was living with her mother after her divorce. She quit that one when her mother asked why she was walking around with a sharp kitchen knife... Chantix didn't give her anything like that, mainly all she had was bad dreams and doubts about us and other things.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:58 PM   #34

Liked 2031 Times on 1295 Posts
Likes Given: 1113

I haven't read any responses yet but I'll jump in here and tell you I think it's normal. Wether stressing about something or maybe a subliminal regret.

One dream I've repeatedly had,was influenced by my job. For 14 years I ran yachts up and down the East coast. After a few years I started having odd dreams about where the boat was.
I'd dream that I'd taken a boat all the way up a river to it source, then could see the source of another river going the other direction. I imagined I could throttle up, skip a cross the shallow water and the land, and cruise down the other river.

I've also dreamed that I took my boat into a harbor, then continued up the road, chewing up the asphalt with the props.

These were recurring dreams and very disturbing but the funny thing was, I started asking other captains about the dreams and most said they'd had similar but we're afraid to say anything to anyone else.

I guess it was just job stress.

Hang in there, try to figure out what might have caused it, then you can resolve the problem. It could just be some very insignificant thing in your past that you've made into something much larger than it should be.

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:18 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I... ****ing... HATE... that one.
And the times you DO get the trigger pulled back, it's because you finally had to just use two fingers on it? This happens to me at least once a week.
ya it definitely irritates the livin **** outta me............................ I end up hoping after everyone the next time the damn thing fires...... good to know I haven't lost my mind either and some one else has this problem

Old 01-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #36
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7342 Times on 4418 Posts
Likes Given: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
Some of these are examples of why I just developed a little more respect for our vets... my heart goes out to you folks that hopefully some day those thoughts will give you much needed rest...

As for the Chantix - I know 1 person who has quit while using it. My wife. She did have nightmares, and she did act strange sometimes, but she had it in her mind that she was going to quit on the first round of it, and we had already agreed that I was to keep an eye in her for anything dangerously unusual. She had tried another cessation product when she was living with her mother after her divorce. She quit that one when her mother asked why she was walking around with a sharp kitchen knife... Chantix didn't give her anything like that, mainly all she had was bad dreams and doubts about us and other things.
I'm telling you, Chantix is bad stuff. I'm glad your wife was able to quit using Chantix without going off the deep end.
People Like This 
Old 01-04-2014, 02:48 AM   #37

Liked 369 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 6

most of my dreams are really boring, like get up & go have a normal day at work boring.

I do have a recurring dream where I'm driving a vehicle with no brakes. I've had it since I was 15, it's never the same vehicle, sometimes it's a motorcycle, one of my cars, someone else's car, a random one found on the road, the theme is always the same...I hit the pedal, it falls to the floor & nothing happens.

I've had another one a few times where I'm sleeping & for some reason can't wake up & get out of bed no matter how hard I try, almost like I'm drugged or something. usually the theme to that is either someone is at the door & I can't answer it or I think someone is in the house. They were so real, I didn't know they weren't until I had one after I moved in with the wife. she woke me up & asked why I was yelling

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 01-04-2014, 02:53 AM   #38

Liked 2031 Times on 1295 Posts
Likes Given: 1113

I've had another one a few times where I'm sleeping & for some reason can't wake up & get out of bed no matter how hard I try, almost like I'm drugged or something. usually the theme to that is either someone is at the door & I can't answer it or I think someone is in the house. They were so real, I didn't know they weren't until I had one after I moved in with the wife. she woke me up & asked why I was yelling[/QUOTE]

That happens to me too. I'm sure it happens to a lot of people.
That groggy feeling where you just can't move your body to get out of bed, no matter what.

Conversely, I also dream that I can fly. Just run and lift off.
Those are pleasant dreams.

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 01-04-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:03 AM   #39
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21724 Times on 12314 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm telling you, Chantix is bad stuff. I'm glad your wife was able to quit using Chantix without going off the deep end.
i agree that Chantrix is some bad stuff. my doctor prescribed it several years ago, and it was not covered by my insurance, so i had to pay for that out of my pocket. and it wasn't cheap either! didn't help me to stop smoking one bit and caused me to have some awful nightmares and the wife said i would sleepwalk during the day. i was working nights at the time. also seem to leave me feeling depressed and sad for no reason. i took it for about a month and about a week after being off of it, i got back to normal. i was still smoking, but at least i felt better mentally.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:26 AM   #40
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2232 Times on 1205 Posts
Likes Given: 803

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
Have y'all ever had a dream that shakes you up so bad that you don't even feel like yourself when you wake up? I did a couple of weeks ago and Im still rattled by it. It wasn't even frightening, just...strange.

Please tell me that Im not alone here! Im feeling kind of crazy right now.
Yep. Sometimes they can be pretty disturbing.

Here's something that may help. Dreams pretty well come from three sources.

First there are those that come from ourselves. Quite often, they are just brain dumps. Sometimes, they are the pizza the night before. Sometimes, they are due to medications or alcohol, etc. Those can be pretty weird.

Now I'll get spiritual. The second source is from God. These will often stick with you. They are a very common way for God to speak to us. They are metaphors, night parables.

The third source is from the demonic. Yes there really are demons and they don't like anyone and love finding ways to harass people. Nightmares are in this category. There only purpose is to rattle your cage.

So if you've had a nightmare, most likely it's just harassment. It does not mean foreboding of some bad thing to happen.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
People Like This