Ever have a dream... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever have a dream...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 04:58 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I personally believe one of the reasons we have nightmares is over-exhaustion. Maybe I'm way off base there, but that's just one of my beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
My mind is the scariest place I've ever been.
My deepest fear is being out of control of my own mind. Not in a dream, but in actual life. Like that movie "A Beautiful Mind" or "The Black Swan" or whatever it was called. Going crazy, in other words.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 05:59 AM   #12

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I don't like my dreams.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

dango Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 06:00 AM   #13
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8987

GG&C, I had a terrible dream just last week. I woke up all freaked out. Those dreams don't happen often but I hate when they do happen.

dango Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #14
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6324 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 6804

GGC- I dont remember my dreams often but had one a couple nights ago that shook me. I lost a good friend who was also my boss to cancer a few years back. In my dream, instead of the way he really died, in my dream it was his last day, retirement day and we were all wishing him a great retirement! Woke up shaking....

The mind is so damn powerful that even we the owners cant tell it what to think. Dreams are the minds way of rewriting, reliving or unliving things it cant or wont come to terms with. Ive had some reoccurring ones that took decades to shake off, mostly when I was young.

Other cultures believe that our dreams have much more importance than just random sleepy time movies. Myself, I just think they remind us of things that might just disappear from our daily thoughts if we let them, the unconscious human in us refuses to let us forget as long as were still firing neurons. They may bring peace or pain but understanding them isnt often something that happens, I dont even try, makes my head hurt thinking about them too long!

Try not to let them own your day!

Old 01-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #15
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7449 Times on 4067 Posts
Likes Given: 15329

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
I had a dream when I was real young that was all in sort of a sepia tone.
You know you're old when your childhood dreams weren't color.

I fight in my sleep. A lot. It frightens my wife. Many nights I have woken up to her holding me down and telling me it's alright. I go right back to sleep.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3305 Times on 1860 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

Eeeeeeek....! I had this most terrible dream one night.i was traveling east to west down south from Florida to California . I got lost off the beaten trail and stopped to get direction . I was getting gas and checking things under the hood.
The gentleman that work there , ask if I checked my aul.? (AUL) , I asked .?

The gentleman smiled , two teeth and all and YEAP , aul.! I looked at him and bewildered , said ....auh I think so .?

The gentleman replied ,well Yaul got to keep the aul up , it protects all them arn
parts . (ARN) ......... I said well , I guess so.!

Well , I was done there , I think , so ask the gentleman where nearest place to get a bite too eat .

The man smiled , two teeth and all , and said Billy Joe,s . Balled eggs , pigs knuckles , just about anything..! (Balled)....? Hmmmm....sounds good .
Ok , how do I get there.?

The man said , " well , you go back to the ole tree that don,t look like a tree and turn lef , it,s just down the road a piece ".

I get back on the road headed to Billy,s .......10 miles click off , 20 miles , 30 ....
Hmmmm...! I ended up in Bute Montana......!

What a dream........Eeeeeeeek..!

Last edited by dango; 01-03-2014 at 11:44 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2930 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 1749

I am not a dream expert, by any means, but I do know that dreams are not something that you are destined to experience in your conscious life. Dreams are your subconscious mind working through experiences that you've had and concerns that you have.

You will have dreams that you will not enjoy and most you will not be able to make sense of, but I do know that they do not directly affect your waking life, unless you allow them to.

There is an old African proverb that says, "You cannot stop the birds from flying over your head, but you can keep them from nesting in your hair!"

Think about that.

We are all biodegradable.

Ruger, don't leave home without it.
People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I don't usually remember my dreams. Maybe parts but if I don't really try to think of what it was about after 30 minutes or so its completely gone. I have had dreams that I woke up from and then dreaded going back to sleep afraid it would start over. I did read once that anyone in your dreams is someone that you have at least seen sometime during your life. That you don't make up faces in dreams. I don't know.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 01-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 760 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I used to get some real terrible ones when I first got back from Iraq usually reliving an IED attack and after a while they started getting less and less vivid and frequent.....Until the VA doc said here take this Chantix to help you stop smoking well lets see my dream came back and kicked up a notch to include not only was I being hit with an IED I was tumbling out into the firefight in AVP 2 where the aliens took out the whole platoon followed by all sorts of crazy ****e that I was terrified of. I promptly threw away the chantix and told that doc he was an ******* next time I saw him.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1303 Times on 847 Posts
Likes Given: 2731

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
I did read once that anyone in your dreams is someone that you have at least seen sometime during your life. That you don't make up faces in dreams. I don't know.
I'm not sure about that? I dreamed I met Jesus one night and I'm pretty sure I hadn't met him before? The face I saw could have been from someone that I had previously seen and then associated it with Jesus, but it wasn't a face that I recognized.

That dream occurred during a time when I was questioning everything and one day I figured out that the purpose of every human is to understand and to create. That night I dreamed that I was talking to Jesus and he said I was right about our purpose, and that I used deductive reasoning figure it out. I wasn't very religious at the time but that dream sure got my attention.