Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ever have a dream...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 03:40 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Ever have a dream...

Have y'all ever had a dream that shakes you up so bad that you don't even feel like yourself when you wake up? I did a couple of weeks ago and Im still rattled by it. It wasn't even frightening, just...strange.

Please tell me that Im not alone here! Im feeling kind of crazy right now.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2014, 03:47 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20846 Times on 11850 Posts
Likes Given: 52387

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
Have y'all ever had a dream that shakes you up so bad that you don't even feel like yourself when you wake up? I did a couple of weeks ago and Im still rattled by it. It wasn't even frightening, just...strange.

Please tell me that Im not alone here! Im feeling kind of crazy right now.
i have them from time to time. some of them even feel real, right before i'm fully awake to realize that it was just a dream.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:52 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5454 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

ive had dreams that have made me laugh so hard ive woken up and still thought it was funny for no reason and no idea why days later. no idea what was so funny either

when i was like 10 or so i had a dream about a woman with short white hair that has recurred a few times and has wiedly stuck with me forever. dont remember anything about it or her other than white hair

i dream in color if that helps

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:55 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20846 Times on 11850 Posts
Likes Given: 52387

i dream in Technicolor and Dolby Surround Sound!

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:58 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i dream in color if that helps
I had a dream when I was real young that was all in sort of a sepia tone. It was technically a nightmare, I guess. I woke up feeling afraid even though the dream was literally just some back country road on a sunny day. I think there was a person but I really don't remember much about him/her except when they talked, I felt I could actually hear them, I woke up crying that "i can't ever hear people in my dreams and it was actually talking to me!"

I still get a weird feeling thinkin about that dream.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 01-03-2014, 04:00 AM   #6
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 940 Times on 560 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I dream about once a month about my ex changing her mind and coming back. It isn't ever going to happen but I still dream about it after 2+ years. I always wake up believing it was real for a couple of minutes. Had this dream 2 or 3 nights ago.

You are not crazy, you can't really control your dreams.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:16 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5454 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
I had a dream when I was real young that was all in sort of a sepia tone. It was technically a nightmare, I guess. I woke up feeling afraid even though the dream was literally just some back country road on a sunny day. I think there was a person but I really don't remember much about him/her except when they talked, I felt I could actually hear them, I woke up crying that "i can't ever hear people in my dreams and it was actually talking to me!"

I still get a weird feeling thinkin about that dream.
the ones that seem real are sometimes called waking or lucid dreams. kinda like a daydream.

i think they are triggered by a almost awake/sleep state and something abnormal is happening within earshot. i get em when i go to bed early and the wife turns on the tv in the other room or is talking on the phone

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-03-2014, 04:18 AM   #8

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My dreams aren't generally safe for public consumption.

Do they seem real and shake me up? Yeah. I've woken up curled in the fetal position in the corner of the room.

Summer before last when my ex kidnapped my son, I had a dream that he fell off the back balcony of her apartment. Normally wouldn't have been such a big deal, as it's only a two story building. Falls like that often produce injuries, but aren't that often fatal.

Except in my dream, I was there and saw the whole thing. He was for some reason, sitting on the rail. Fell. And as I jumped to the rail and reached over to grab him, he just barely slipped through my fingertips.

And then I noticed. Somehow there were suddenly about 50 more floors below us for some reason. And I watched him tumble and bounce from one balcony to the next, all the way down. The screams stopped about halfway down, but I could still hear bones cracking and crunching until he hit the ground. That was the first time I'd ever dreamed of my son getting hurt, and hopefully the last. I couldn't think straight for a month over it.

I'll be honest, why not? Most of my dreams are about sex, or nightmares from time in the service. So really, going to sleep for me is like Russian Roulette, I'm either getting laid or blown up or watching one of my friends get blown up. Naturally, of course, I always hope for the sex dreams.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:22 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Trip, after some of the stuff Im sure you've been through, I feel like you aught to get a medal of some sort for being able to sleep at all.

People Like This 
Old 01-03-2014, 04:30 AM   #10

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Trip, after some of the stuff Im sure you've been through, I feel like you aught to get a medal of some sort for being able to sleep at all.
Haha... I usually crash around 0200. Get up around 0400-0430. But I have crash days, where the lack of sleep gets to me to the point where I'm just so exhausted I'll sleep a full night. Those times are terrible, because I may have a dirty dream, followed by a nightmare that wakes me up, then something really benign like a dream of shopping at a mall, and then the mall blowing up and people running and screaming and dying... I'd rather not sleep at all. If there were something I could take that would keep me awake forever, I'd take it.

Hence my avatar pic. No, I don't take amphetamines, legal or illegal, and it's only a part time fix to a long term problem. But dear god, I wish I could cut sleep out of my life altogether. My mind is the scariest place I've ever been.