Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ethical Question: Conversion Barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19942 Times on 11332 Posts
Likes Given: 50270

you punish the person. the object has no evil or good intentions and is only the instrument used by the person doing the deed.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-13-2012, 04:45 AM   #12

Liked 968 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 525

The shot gun adapters would be worse than the barrel swaps . Fire a 9mm out of a 12ga and they are sure to catch hell on everything

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8407 Times on 3643 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

The simple way that criminals avoid that problem- is to use a stolen gun. What do you do with the gun?

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I can see the tool mark on the case thing to a point but wouldn't a lot of those scratches not be the same as he drop in barrel has the new and improved chamber that the case goes in and out of? And the exreactor wouldn't look all that much the same on a different caliber. Maybe one of those 357 Sig/40S&W things?

I'm far form being really in the know about such things but it seems that the only place that would be consistant at all would be on the case rim. Robo, being your experience in such matters I have to trust your judgement on the issue. But it just don't seem like it would work that consistently.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something.

As to the conversion bbl; Really any bbl. that can be dropped in to attempt to cover a bad persons tracks. Gave a Glock19? get get another barrel of the same caliber.
Lets say for the sake of argument that this trick would fool all those TV CSI people. Would it be justifiable to discipline the good guy gun owner for the misdeeds of the bad people? It's this mind set that gets gun control laws passed. Someone could spray a bunch of people with a Tommy Gun. So is it fair to make laws that restrict the ability to own one even if you have no intention. of spraying lead into a crowd?

Curtailing our liberties for the sake of security is just a tactic used by those that wish to control us.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #15

You always have the firing pin , from what I understand they can be pretty distinct .

2 words ...... shell catchers
then you have the ice bullet

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

It's a pretty safe bet that the firing pin is micro stamped if its a new gun anyway. You can bet if they find the casing it can be traced back to the shooter, may take a long time, but it can be traced.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #17

micro stamping huh .... new one to me , a pass or two with a file will take care of that but then you have file marks in the primer

Old 06-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #18
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
micro stamping huh .... new one to me , a pass or two with a file will take care of that but then you have file marks in the primer
Really? You didn't know about micro stamping? It's kinda cool. I've read a lot of reports etc on it. They put a series of codes on the end of the firing pin. A line code an alpha-numeric code and a gear like code. Gives all the information on the gun. It's so small you need an electron microscope to see it but its enough to transfer to the primer. It's basically good for around 3000 shots after that it starts to degrade.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #19

Nope , I had no clue but I umm do some mods and cleaning on all my guns , I get a little dremel tool happy , polish this and that , take a edge off here ect ect . I would pay extra to have Fuc* you stamped on my pins lmao
Lmao , could you imagine the csi workers face when they see that one under a scope ? lmao

People Like This 
Old 06-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #20
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

That would be fantastic! Lmfao