EPA Asked to Ban Lead Shot and Sinkers - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > EPA Asked to Ban Lead Shot and Sinkers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Lead shot and sinkers are just harmful to the endangered birds of prey, so far...
I would hazard to say that lead shot is only harmful to game birds and lead sinkers are only harmful to the trout (or whatever fish you happen to be trolling for).

Old 08-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #12

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 47

This is not about the safety of the environment. It is back door gun control. Period.

In the early 70's the Consumer Product Safety Commission was asked if they could ban Firearms based upon public safety. They did a long report and announced that while they did not have the authority to ban guns, they DID have the authority to ban ammunition based upon the use of toxic heavy metals and carcinogenic effects of the components in gun powder and primers.

And DDT was only dangerous when used in it's concentrated form. The problem with DDT was that it was improperly used.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #13

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Lead once in the ground doesn't cause any harm. It doesn't leach out like the lefties would have you think. We had the water testing that ran off our rifle range that has been getting shot with lead bullets for 50+ years there was no lead in the water. Huh how is that?

Lead stays put unless you go and disturb it.

M14 DDT is bad juju man. The worst part about DDT is that is it not water soluble it is fat soluble meaning that once ingested by a human or livestock st stayed there building up over time all the fat in your system. That is the problem with DDT.