The end of the world as we know it is coming. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

The end of the world as we know it is coming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin

Wild hogs in America today are direct descendants left from Spanish explorers. Native Americans never had experience with hogs and grew their crops accordingly. The hog population exploded overnight and they decimated native American crops. Whole tribes starved through winter months as a direct result of hogs.
Were they jewish or muslim? ;-) It would take about one hunger pang to see if that new critter tasted good.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #32

Liked 4746 Times on 2365 Posts
Likes Given: 1135

Hogs devastate quick. I imagine they woke up one morning and all their food was just gone...

Old 09-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #33

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

There's no way I would imagine a .22 would go through a hog's thick skull. Shows you how little I know about hunting.

Let's see........for dogs I have a Border Collie, a Pug and a Papillon. I think the BC would love chasing down a hog. But I'd be afraid the hog would kill my dog.
I have been running dogs on wild boar in Florida for 20 years and trap 2 boar per month. Every hog we have ever taken was dispatched with a .22 behind the ear. Ten years ago we lost a red nose pit to a boar. We were training a puppy as a new scent dog, thought bringing the hog dog would aid in training. Since we were not hunting we did not put a vest on the dog.
We spooked a boar that was about 85 lbs, he got into it with the dog and caught him with a tusk in the abdomen. Gutted the poor dog right on the trail. I emptied my .357 in the boar and then had to dispatch my own dog with a 9mm. They are dangerous animals when trapped or confronted. All the dogs wear vests now, regardless of what we are doing.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #34

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Wild hogs in America today are direct descendants left from Spanish explorers. Native Americans never had experience with hogs and grew their crops accordingly. The hog population exploded overnight and they decimated native American crops. Whole tribes starved through winter months as a direct result of hogs.
The spanish feral boar are now inter breeding with the russian feral boar. Those grow up to be some huge a** pigs! I saw a few pictures where they were over 800 lbs. I cant even imagine cleaning a pig that size, all that damn fat and I would bet they would be loaded with worms.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Psst, Psssst! I hear Bear makes an excellent substitute for bacon and some other pork products.