End times anyone?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

End times anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default End times anyone?

The mention of end times has come up a number places on this forum so I thought I would start a thread for it and voice some of my views. Jesus said this in 2 Timothy.

2 Timothy 3:1-5

1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of Godó 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

I can see this going on all around us and I personally believe it is going to get worse before Jesus returns for his followers.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #2

Liked 5747 Times on 3367 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power...
As an agnostic pothead, i guess those two parts aren't good for me. Here's hoping the second coming is after my going.

BTW, kudos on your faith; at least you have one that makes sense to you. Lots of us don't.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #3

Liked 2060 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I won't say it's not happening, sense I see some of this also. But I saw it 40 years ago, and my parents saw it in their youth. We can go all the way back to a time when electornics did not exist and the going job was goat herder, they believed the end time was up on them then.

I don't worry about when it comes, but the trick is to be ready all the time so your not caught with your pants down.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I too was once an agnostic pothead, I sincerely encourage you investigate the teachings of Jesus further. It won't matter if you are gone before Jesus comes back, the end result will be the same.

Luke 21:10-12
10Then He continued by saying to them, "Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom,
11and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.

12"But before all these things, (H)they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, bringing you before kings and governors for My name's sake.

Anyone else see this happening?

Old 07-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I won't say it's not happening, sense I see some of this also. But I saw it 40 years ago, and my parents saw it in their youth. We can go all the way back to a time when electornics did not exist and the going job was goat herder, they believed the end time was up on them then.

I don't worry about when it comes, but the trick is to be ready all the time so your not caught with your pants down.

I agree opaww, my parents and grandparents have talked about the very thing you mentioned. Luke 21:13 says,

13"(I)It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony

so I am.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

+1000 Spit

While it is true that these signs have been in existence since man was created, the real indicator is the rapidity and volume of these occurrences. There is no doubt in my mind that these "indicators" have grown exponentially in the last 40 years...people ask "how much worse can it get?" - read Revelations and weep! We are not there yet, and I hope I am not around when we are...because THAT will be the real SHTF scenario for which "preparedness" will have little meaning or effect.
You can run, but you can't hide...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #7

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Nope!! Not enough destruction, chaos, or war!! Besides, no one will for see the end of days. I for one do not presume to be a visionary or prophet of the end of times.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Well Obama sure is trying his best to "fast track" it!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have come to a unique place in my relationship with God where I no longer worry about the "end times" like I used to. I think the world will try to make believers suffer, but God will shelter His own against the coming wrath.

Since the world is already attacking believers at record numbers, I am excited to be living in such times as these. The worst thing that can happen is we can die. But since our bodies are merely shells containing our spirit, is this really a loss?

Be prepared if that's what your heart leads you to do, but press in to the Father is you want to have peace. We were not meant to worry about it.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I have come to a unique place in my relationship with God where I no longer worry about the "end times" like I used to. I think the world will try to make believers suffer, but God will shelter His own against the coming wrath.

Since the world is already attacking believers at record numbers, I am excited to be living in such times as these. The worst thing that can happen is we can die. But since our bodies are merely shells containing our spirit, is this really a loss?

Be prepared if that's what your heart leads you to do, but press in to the Father is you want to have peace. We were not meant to worry about it.
You have stated my view on this very subject quite well but that is only my personal view. I'm hoping this thread my encourage others to investigate this subject and perhaps in the near future share our view.

God has given me peace and joy in my life, I hope I can share that with others here. At the same time I can share my love of this great nation, firearms and my dislike of the left, hippies and and obamalamadingdong.