End to Oil
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > End to Oil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 01:36 AM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default End to Oil

Just got done reading The End to Oil (http://www.amazon.com/End-Oil-Edge-Perilous-World/dp/0618239774) which talked a lot about the oil peak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil)

Most estimates put the peak around 2012-2016 and the decline more than likely means skyrocketed price which could mean economic disaster if alt. energy sources are not in place.

Anyone been reading/researching about this?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2007, 04:17 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yup. I work in the oil and gas industry, as a medic on drill rigs, pipeline crews and seismic surveys.

You've pretty much got the picture.
Right now we are tapping smaller and smaller natural gas pockets, some produce less than a year.

The cheap oil is running-out. And the sooner we start planning for it, the easier the transition will be.

There is _never_ going to be no oil, it's just going to get damned expensive.

"Those who have long enjoyed privileges as we enjoy, forget, in time, that men have died to win them."

Franklin D. Roosvelt

Old 09-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yep. Been following it for about a year and a half, and it's changed my perspective about a lot of things, made me a much more conservative investor and had a lot to do with selling my gas guzzler.

A pretty good site for peak oil related articles and discussion is www.peakoil.com.