End of "24"

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > End of "24"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Default End of "24"

Well, Jack Bauer serves his country for the last time tonight at 8:00 PM. Sure, this show has had its ups & downs but it has been a Monday night fixture for 10 years. Personally, I think it went downhill after season 4 and never really recovered from the writer's strike - but Jack has always taken care of business.

Hopefully, there will be a new show worth watching next season - the new Hawaii 5-0 may have potential...

Last edited by NGIB; 05-24-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Maybe, but will replace LOST!?

Speak softly and carry a big stick...just know how to use it.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Fear not fans of Jack.....

Kiefer Sutherland Says The ‘24′ Movie Script Is Finished - Screen Rant

Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I, for one will miss the character Jack Bauer, his strong persona and undying patriotism and loyalty he portrayed and represented on screen, to his country.

His character was mission oriented and dedicated, and he took serious, selfless dangerous, and drastic measures to carry out his sworn oath to defend the U.S. and the Constitution against all enemy's both foreign and Domestic.

Undoubtedly and respectfully, he did do more in a fictional Hollywood 24 hour time frame and over 10 years to defeat terrorism and Government conspiracy's, which sadly, something our real Government has not even come close to accomplishing over the same time frame. Go figure?

Here's to the hopes that there are in reality, some Jack Bauer's out there in our real world.

Thanks JD!

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #5

No Problem Jack.

While I have been hot and cold on the show '24' - I feel that the intent of the writing to give more personnel screen time took away from the first couple of awesome seasons.

When Jack was on screen, doing his thing, it was a great show. When the rest of the merry band of muppets took over...... well...... I really didn't care too much about them.

Then when they did in President David Palmer in the first 15 minutes of whatever season that was, really upset the apple cart in my mind.

What ever happened to that monster SWAT team leader from like Season's 3 and 4? Or was it 2 and 3? I think his name was Lee. Tall, muscular blonde dude. My woman loved that guy and at least he looked the part. I always suspected he got let go for being too tall to act with Keifer without standing in a hole on set... LOL

And where did Chase Edmunds go? He looked like he was on track to become the next Jack, then something happened that I missed. Did he get whacked too?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

This is the first season I have watched 24. Now I need to go back and watch the previous seasons.

I'm looking forward to the ending tonight even though I'll miss the first hour. Last week was wild! I'll bet half the guys he hasn't killed yet are sorry as hades they ever messed with Jack Bauer.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
No Problem Jack.

And where did Chase Edmunds go? He looked like he was on track to become the next Jack, then something happened that I missed. Did he get whacked too?
Everything you ever wanted to know about every character, every season and a script of every show! Damn, now that fan devotion, LOL.

Chase Edmunds - Wiki 24: The premier source for complete episode, season, and character guides

Best line from last weeks show......

Ex-President Logan:

"That's Jack Bauer...he's coming for me!"
logan.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #8

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Jack had to cut Chase's hand off with a fire axe at the end of season 3. Chase & Jack's daughter hooked up and he left the service.

I worked with a fella at FORSCOM HQ that was in his late 60's and more fit than most 25 year olds. We were both fans of the show and used to chat about it. One day I commented that I hoped we really had Jack Bauer's on our side and he grinned and said simply "we do".

Found out that this fella was a Delta operator through most of his career and had been there and done that...

Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #9

That site is disturbing that someone would put THAT much work into a fictional TV show.

Very informative. But damn disturbing.

Thanks Jack!

JD