Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > embarrassed for texas today

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 01:33 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2661 Times on 1565 Posts
Likes Given: 1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Yup indeed, The two faces of DWI are much like this, Rich or Poor, not nearly the same outcome. JQ Public goes to jail, gets bankrupted with fines and probably will lose their livelihood, Justin Beiber Gets a private jet to smoke up and a limo so he doesnt have to drive on his suspended license anymore, after all, he;s the victim not the problem>>>>>
one thing we must remember....the OUTCOME of drunken driving greatly impacts the consequence.

in this instance, the outcome of his drunken driving is about as bad as it gets.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:33 AM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20954 Times on 11906 Posts
Likes Given: 52527

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
ok, probably true but.....

think of the top 5 people you love in your life.

NOW imagine he ran his 3X the legal limit drunk ass over one of them and paralyzed them for life....

are you still ok with the probation then? .......i mean i guess he is a rich kid that had no role model.....
this is exactly why i am not okay with him getting just probation and a stay in a country club resort treatment facility instead of him serving hard time for manslaughter. it teaches him nothing about being accountable for his actions and how they affect other people's lives.
People Like This 
Old 02-09-2014, 02:00 AM   #33

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Wealth has always had privilege. It makes no difference where you live. This is not curious to the "Lone Star State".

Old 02-09-2014, 02:02 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

This kid clearly was out of control when he screwed up and killed most of this man's family. Put yourself in the shoes of the man that lost his family... How would you feel? I'd want the guy to hang for taking the most precious things from my life because he was to STUPID to realize something like that could happen when drunk out of your mind. There is NO second guessing this. The kid wanted to act like an adult with his drinking behavior, which he clearly didn't. If he thinks that behavior is adult then he should face punishment like an adult. It's nothing short of murder in my view and he should pay a heavy cost. After all, that gentleman will have to pay the cost for the rest of his life by losing his family, thanks to the decision that rich, affluent kid decided to make. No one is responsible for their decisions anymore.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:08 AM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20954 Times on 11906 Posts
Likes Given: 52527

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
This kid clearly was out of control when he screwed up and killed most of this man's family. Put yourself in the shoes of the man that lost his family... How would you feel? I'd want the guy to hang for taking the most precious things from my life because he was to STUPID to realize something like that could happen when drunk out of your mind. There is NO second guessing this. The kid wanted to act like an adult with his drinking behavior, which he clearly didn't. If he thinks that behavior is adult then he should face punishment like an adult. It's nothing short of murder in my view and he should pay a heavy cost. After all, that gentleman will have to pay the cost for the rest of his life by losing his family, thanks to the decision that rich, affluent kid decided to make. No one is responsible for their decisions anymore.
well said Jim.

these kids want to play in the adult world, but not suffer the consequences of an adult and want to be treated like a child when they screw up and make life changing mistakes like this kid did. well the judge saw fit in playng a huge role in that scenario for sure, because IMO, justice wasn't served in this case by any means.
People Like This 
Old 02-09-2014, 02:15 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Thanks Jonas.... no, justice was not served. We're rapidly devolving into a two class system here in the U.S., the haves, and the have nots. Maybe people will finally take notice when it's got to the point when their sons and daughters suffer, while the super rich just get away with anything, as long as they make that donation to Senator Whomever...

Old 02-09-2014, 02:24 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Wealth has always had privilege. It makes no difference where you live. This is not curious to the "Lone Star State".
this has been pointed out in a few posts, and of course y'all are right.

but....i just wish...this BS had happened somewhere else.....
Old 02-09-2014, 02:33 AM   #38

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

All of my "Grand Children" were born in Texas. Be Damn careful who you insult. Grandpa will be looking for your A$$.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:36 AM   #39

right on! exactly how i feel! hard to remember such a extreme failure of our justice system in recent history imo.

if we can't make a 16 year old responsible for their actions behind the wheel, its time to stop giving them driver's licenses imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Old 02-09-2014, 02:38 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
All of my "Grand Children" were born in Texas. Be Damn careful who you insult. Grandpa will be looking for your A$$.
yes, sir!

rumor has it, i was born in texas too....so i have the god given right to criticize the best state in the union....but just a little bit....
Closed Thread