embarrassed for texas today - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > embarrassed for texas today

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 04:02 AM   #21
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1256 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 599

This is old news,the trial was last month in Ft.Worth.
That kid may have gotten off without a jail term,but the ghost's in his closet will haunt him forever of the wrong he did to those he killed and hurt.

I'll bet,he commits suicide at a young age!

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

People Like This 
Old 02-08-2014, 04:16 AM   #22

Liked 3148 Times on 1876 Posts
Likes Given: 2198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
This is old news,the trial was last month in Ft.Worth.
That kid may have gotten off without a jail term,but the ghost's in his closet will haunt him forever of the wrong he did to those he killed and hurt.

I'll bet,he commits suicide at a young age!
i see your point....but this is assuming he has a conscience about his actions.

besides....i am bit more for justice for a criminal act ....vs "he feels bad about it..."
Old 02-08-2014, 04:42 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Seeing how the world is as of late,I am not surprised but it still is of concern. The only thing I see that could change things is getting people interested in the state of the world they live in.

Never take a sword to a gun fight,no matter how big the blade is!

Old 02-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Has anybody noticed that the kid is 16 years old? He still has college in front of him and probation terms that say no drugs or alcohol for 10 years. He'll be behind bars in no time.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6946 Times on 3492 Posts
Likes Given: 7550

Im not so shocked to see NY law practiced in Texas. Were exporting our bad Ideas to other states now, wait for it and it will come to your doorstep soon enough. This punk deserves no less or more than any JQ PUblic good or bad in his life but as usual, money buys you anything if you have enough...

Old 02-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #26
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 245 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
if this had happened in NY, i wouldn't have been all that surprised (no offense NYer's).

i am absolutely floored that a judge and jury bought this LOAD of CRAP!

"affluenza?".....makes me truly ill!

affluenza.....the defense theory that rich kids cannot be held responsible for their actions.....how can this be seen any other way?

well, at least we have a case now that proves what everyone already knew. now they have just put a name to it. the wealthy are above the law in the US....now it has a fancy name.

all of texas should hang its head in shame over this case.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/us/texas-affluenza-teen/
If you think this is a Texas issue you are mistaken.

The wealthy elite have been free of consequences for as long as we have all been alive.

This is major issue in American politics (which is ran by who? Rich people!) and one I think we all need to stand up against.
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #27
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6946 Times on 3492 Posts
Likes Given: 7550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
If you think this is a Texas issue you are mistaken.

The wealthy elite have been free of consequences for as long as we have all been alive.

This is major issue in American politics (which is ran by who? Rich people!) and one I think we all need to stand up against.
Yup indeed, The two faces of DWI are much like this, Rich or Poor, not nearly the same outcome. JQ Public goes to jail, gets bankrupted with fines and probably will lose their livelihood, Justin Beiber Gets a private jet to smoke up and a limo so he doesnt have to drive on his suspended license anymore, after all, he;s the victim not the problem>>>>>
Old 02-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2443 Times on 1340 Posts
Likes Given: 335

First off, the judge specifically mentions in the article that "affluenza" had nothing to do with the decision.

Second, the juvenile is being sentenced to a locked down rehab facility. A locked down rehab facility will actually keep the teen behind "bars" longer than the juvenile penal system would in most states.

Third, unfortunately sentence for an ADULT in this instance averages only 5-10 years in most states. A man here killed an entire family, 3 generations by driving drunk a couple of years ago. He only got 5 years.

The problem is the pussified sentencing ACROSS THE BOARD for this crime in our country. We should all be lobbying our states to raise this sentence and set higher minimum mandatory sentences.

Wanna know why penalties are so low?

Seriously?

Cuz too many politicians, judges and lawyers drive drunk all the time. They don't want to have to face that type of sentencing themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2014, 02:28 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Has anybody noticed that the kid is 16 years old? He still has college in front of him and probation terms that say no drugs or alcohol for 10 years. He'll be behind bars in no time.
ok, probably true but.....

think of the top 5 people you love in your life.

NOW imagine he ran his 3X the legal limit drunk ass over one of them and paralyzed them for life....

are you still ok with the probation then? .......i mean i guess he is a rich kid that had no role model.....
Old 02-09-2014, 02:31 AM   #30

i'd be ok with 5 years in jail. actually sounds about right imo.

he did not intend to kill them, i get that. but he severe negligence led to their deaths.

if he is mature enough to drive a 2 ton vehicle, he is mature enough to accept the responsibilities of his actions with that vehicle imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
First off, the judge specifically mentions in the article that "affluenza" had nothing to do with the decision.

Second, the juvenile is being sentenced to a locked down rehab facility. A locked down rehab facility will actually keep the teen behind "bars" longer than the juvenile penal system would in most states.

Third, unfortunately sentence for an ADULT in this instance averages only 5-10 years in most states. A man here killed an entire family, 3 generations by driving drunk a couple of years ago. He only got 5 years.

The problem is the pussified sentencing ACROSS THE BOARD for this crime in our country. We should all be lobbying our states to raise this sentence and set higher minimum mandatory sentences.

Wanna know why penalties are so low?

Seriously?

Cuz too many politicians, judges and lawyers drive drunk all the time. They don't want to have to face that type of sentencing themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Last edited by hawkguy; 02-09-2014 at 02:35 AM.
People Like This 
Closed Thread