Embarrasment
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Embarrasment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Embarrasment

Has anybody made a post and then found out a simple dumb fix fixes the problem ? Well I just did one. I will not name where I posted it, but after looking again, I found some dirt in a tube that is to except a primer. I complained about the new product I was using and wanted an answer. Well just get rid of the dirt and everything works just fine.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

To anyone familiar with the SKS, I cleaned mine and forgot to switch the gas tube back to the rifle mode from grenade mode.

So I'm at the range, thing won't cycle, I'm getting really pi$$ed, cause I spent days getting the cosmo out of this thing, to the point if anyone else was there, I would have traded it for a pack of smokes on the spot.

After cursing loud enough to wake the gods, my eyes catch the switch, and the embarassment begins.

Of course, I didn't post on it, though.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I starting shooting the Ruger Mark II again, so I thought I'd clean it. I spent a hour trying to get that dang thing back together. I finally dug out the owners manual after much frustration. It's that "I don't need no stinken instructions" attitude that gets me every time.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 AM   #4

As the assistant armorer in military high school, I didn't reassemble my M-1 Garand correctly. Next day we had an Inspector General visit and all the Garand guts flew out in the face of General Curtis LeMay at inspection arms.

My military career ended.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

my vacuum was having some suction issues. i cleaned out the filter element. took apart the motor and checked every single belt. after a couple hours of trouble shooting with my roommates i finally thought I would check the suction tube. there ended up being a sock stuck in it, not letting any air through.

lesson learned, start at the simplest possible solution and then work your way to more complicated things.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Took the .40 cal carbine out yesterday. 3 of us out, and was to be first time shooting ever for 1. We did pistols for a good while, and then we pulled out the rifles. He was eager to try out his inherited Rem 600 in .35, and so were the rest of us (some guys just get lucky).

Anyhoo, long to short, I started shooting the carbine. F'n thing stops cycling for the first time ever. Bolt issues. I looked it over a couple of times, cycled it, checked the mag, etc. It would only go 1 and done. I put it away.

We got back in and I decided to go lubing, cleaning and inspecting. I realized that I had not tightened the bolt stud and the bolt cover thingy was getting wedged into the slot.

This afternoon, I took it out on my home range, and it cycled 2 mags with ease. It sucks for my friend, because he may not get another chance in the near future.

I did get to run 8 rounds thru the Rem 600, though.

Everytime you experience something new, you learn something you will never forget.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 03-17-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #7

Hey, we've all made mistakes, and said something that we wished we hadn't said, but it's all a part of the learning process. Live and learn.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
Hey, we've all made mistakes, and said something that we wished we hadn't said, but it's all a part of the learning process. Live and learn.
Good wisdom from Old Sarge. Welcome to the forum.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:30 AM   #9

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

WELCOME Old Sarge, unfortunately life doesn't come with a rewind button. Let's hope we won't need one very often!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-17-2009, 01:17 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9148 Times on 3950 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

One morning, in the office early, about an hour before starting time- pile of crap to get done. My office was back near the coffee locker. Was up to armpits in drawings, when our new VP stuck his head in office, asked howzit going? Distractedly replied "Busier than a one armed paperhanger." 30 seconds later, realized what I had said- and to who. Walked into coffee locker, apologized to boss- who had lost right arm to a claymore in RVN.

Frankly, I was more embarassed than he was bothered by it.