Elitists
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Elitists

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Elitists

Why is it that stores who specialize in a niche tend to be jerks.

Gun shops, tobacco/pipe shops, bicycle shops, etc.

You go in there and almost always the owner/Manager is having an in depth conversation with some regular and totally ignores the other customers. Then when you ask a question it's like your bothering them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #2

Liked 167 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I don't know about other stores but right now gun shops are selling guns & related items so much that they don't have to worry about "little people". It's the wrong attitude and will ultimately cost them serious business in the long run.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

So, was it a gun, pipe or bike shop that is being a DH? And I'm not talking about a Designated Hitter.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The pipe shops i frequent are always staffed by very mellow individuals, but helpfulness can vary. (as best as i recall)

Old 11-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Some of the worst "elitest" places are flyshops. Some shops are really good but others suck A$$.
I am a die-hard flyfisherman for over 20years and some of those places can be real snobby.
Its like others said, no actual knowledgeis required to work there, but they'll look down their noses at you in a hurry.
You have to drive the new range rover and wear all the LL Bean clothing and orvis accesories to fit in and be a "Pro". Actually flyfishing for these posers is considered optional
Beyond the speed of sound---
Fire it up, Let the engines roll
It's time to burn it down

Old 11-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Some of the worst "elitest" places are flyshops. Some shops are really good but others suck A$$.
I am a die-hard flyfisherman for over 20years and some of those places can be real snobby.
Its like others said, no actual knowledgeis required to work there, but they'll look down their noses at you in a hurry.
You have to drive the new range rover and wear all the LL Bean clothing and orvis accesories to fit in and be a "Pro". Actually flyfishing for these posers is considered optional
That's why I shop on-line.............markerdown

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #7

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
I've noticed this alot. Not wearing the right gear or buying the most expensive stuff means you are hack. I see these posers on the rivers, and they won't say hello if you don't have the orvis reel & rod or wearing the latest most expensive breathable waders. Oh, and you gotta have the $300 sunglasses to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I've noticed this alot. Not wearing the right gear or buying the most expensive stuff means you are hack. I see these posers on the rivers, and they won't say hello if you don't have the orvis reel & rod or wearing the latest most expensive breathable waders. Oh, and you gotta have the $300 sunglasses to boot.
Yeah, Orvis and their employees crack me up. I am over there looking at their "stuff" and they really have a lot of high priced equipment and they had some really beautiful shotguns and the cheapest one I saw was $28,000. No one paid attention to me cause I didn't have my $10,000 Orvis outfit on....haha

OC

Old 11-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I don't know about other stores but right now gun shops are selling guns & related items so much that they don't have to worry about "little people". It's the wrong attitude and will ultimately cost them serious business in the long run.
i know what you mean....i went into gander mountain back when i was buying my first pistol and the guy behind the counter was more interested in proving he knew more than me than helping me choose a pistol, so almost $3000 later and another location i moved on screw those people

Old 11-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
The pipe shops i frequent are always staffed by very mellow individuals, but helpfulness can vary. (as best as i recall)
We're not talking about that type of pipe shop, Orange.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Newest Threads